Can we have an elevation on Trickster's Delusion for perk value?
as the title asks, it doesn't need to be a second floor but just maybe walking ontop of a car or like some scaffolding around the middle of the map for some perk value from All Shaking Thunder and Balanced Landing.
That would be amazing <3
Comments
There's actually one elevation on that map but not everyone knows you can go that way. But all shake and thunders does need some buff (the cooldown is not needed imo) and balanced landing is fine as it does give haste like lithe does but also there's an additional buff that actually helps wast more time than using lithe.
The Thread is not about Balanced Landing and/or All Shaking Thunder, it is about the lack of value on those Maps. There are no spots to use them (aside from Basement Stairs) and no Map should exist where Perks like those cannot be used, especially because they are both not really good (obviously BL compared to other Exhaustion Perks).
Much as, in fairness, I want to agree I find myself in opposition.
Some maps as the dev's explained are supposed to be more or less valid for specific perks and kits. Much like Huntress players just sigh in misery when they get Lery's, verticality on Tricksters Delusion is similar. That's the risk with using perks like BL and AST. Sometimes you'll get a map where they are less useful or outright not useful at all.
Granted I think this shouldn't be the case and maps should be built to make all perks, kits, and killers equally valid, but I don't see that happening unfortunately.
That's not the case at all because I just want to point you towards shelter woods rework where they put a main building specifically for that reason and hills.
This used to be a very commonly complained flaw of that one map, yes we could use the tree's roots but it was not intended.
Trickster's delusion feels like an accidental oversight in that regard coz I think it's literally the only map you can't.
Lery's has middle to use, and Huntress can still long range shot in corridors, she can still use her power.
Balanced Landing only has basement stairs in Delusion.
Sorry for so many edits.
Well, the map is already insanely survivor-sided. While it's only map where you can't use BL out of shack I think perks should not guarantee value every game, at least not on survivor side. Killer is 1v4 so their perks should have full value every match.
Edit: Shaking Thunder can't be used there either so it's more than fair.
I don't fully disagree, but I disagree enough to respectfully hold my side of the fence on this one. Your point is entirely valid mind you, my disagreement stems from 'if we do this with one, it should be done with others' and a lack of confidence that such a thing will be applied, ya'know?
Yes, Huntress can make 90 degree hallway shots in Lery's by example, but that limits her power to those directions, in those halls, filled with clutter and poor navmeshing on collisions. Equally, BL can be used at basement. Both are equally restrictive on the desired value of the kit and/or perk. It doesn't seem valid to me to fix one while stating the other is an intended consequence of map design, you know?
Equally Tricksters delusion for that same killer is just deeply unpleasant. Changing the map itself to add a height point for perk value expression of 2 perks, while leaving the map itself painfully hindering for a number of kits, just doesn't feel valid to me.
That said, again, your point is valid. Both of these problems should be fixed in an ideal world. But given I don't see both sides being fixed, then I'd rather neither be fixed. The community should feel that pressure on both sides.
But all shaking thunder can be really useful for confirming hits in more difficult loops that the map has with just out of reach windows etc. since you'd pass through mid it's a great place to place the elevation.
Like I feel a good map should be designed with everything in mind, even if its not plenty elevation here and there, at least one should in an accessible place to proc it.
as for @NeverSolus I'm not disagreeing with your point, I'm just saying your example doesn't outright stop her power, yes its more difficult but you literally cannot use All Shaking Thunder or Balanced Landing in Tricksters Delusion, only basement stairs.
Also, whose to say they can't make changes to Tricksters Delusion while adding an elevation to do with other feedback for it?
Also are you on about basement stairs? coz if its in main, they aren't usable, maybe I've missed something, could you show me
I can't find footage of it but it's not basement, it's some chairs basically and you can go up on them in middle basically but it might be not tall enough to activate the perks I think, probably not as I think about it.
It's true that many perks get less value on some maps versus others, or that certain killers get less value on some maps versus others, but they are all usable. I can't think of a single perk or killer that just straight up becomes unusable on certain maps. Balanced Landing and All Shaking Thunder both get a lot more value on two-story maps or maps with a two-story main building, but every single other map in the game has something for them to work, even if it's just a single hill. If I loaded into a map and realized that because of bad luck my perk is now just a dead slot, it would be incredibly frustrating.
Because shaking thunder was nerfed as it used to trigger on the smallest elevation difference but was capped with minimum drop required. I know Coup De Grace is more popular, but first reason is diminished returns and second reason is exactly why balanced is used less than sprint burst, it requires something while it's better version doesn't require anything.
Yeah you literally cannot use the perks if basement spawns in main as well, it's outright impossible as far as I'm aware