How would you change the mmr system?
It's no doubt that the majority of the player base agrees that the MMR system is wonky. My question to all of you is how would you change the mmr system to be better?
Here's how I’d change it:
Survivors:
Make it based off on HOW MANY survivors escaped and not if you escaped or not
- 0-1 survivors escape: Loss
- 2 survivors escape: Draw
- 3-4 survivors escape: Win
Make it so that when the survivor abandons maybe show a different icon than the escape icon because its really confusing when a survivor abandons and the game shows that they escaped
Killers:
I think it's fine where it's based on kills. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they changed it so that it's based on hooks? If that's true then I will have to see how that plays out
Additionally a useful thing will be to make the win conditions more clear in the tutorial. Make it so it says “you win if the majority of survivors die/escape” because currently there's no official win condition set by the game besides "repair 5 gens and escape" and is instead made up and agreed on by the community
Comments
Definitely, game should advertise and push itself as a teamwork game. On low/mid MMR, a lot of survivors are selfish, where they will allow their teammates to get tunneled, hide edge map/in lockers for a shot at hatch etc. Culturally, we should erode this way of thinking and encourage getting team wins. Take hits for your teammates, hover for saves, trade hooks when someone is being camped, sometimes you will need to eat a down for someone, sometimes you will need to die to break 3 gen, it is a part of the game.
Personally, I'd put weight to certain things and have them all count towards the result to some extent, even if smaller or bigger.
Survivors:
Killers:
Other things could be added, like hatch could count for less than a regular escape for survivors, but I think only going off of deaths or escapes is too simple for such a complex game. I haven't done the math to figure out what these categories should be weighted, but I think this would more accurately adjust the MMR when a killer or survivor team is dominating vs when they're scraping by.