Hook Timers & Killer Action Speed.
Hook Timers:
With how the latest additions of core game mechanics such as anti face camp and hook protection giving elusive status effect and with how strong anti tunnel perks are right now, and also the existence of Reassurance a perk that pauses the hook timer, I think it's better to change hook and sacrifice timer to be 60s instead of 70s, you may not view it as a lot but these 10s make huge difference in how the match is played and affect the match outcome significantly, with how safe survivor has became with hook protection the hook timer only adds pressure on the killer side and allowing survivor teammates to squeeze more time on generators instead of saving their friend.
Killer Action Speed:
Playing as killer feels slow, picking up, walking to hook, hooking and damaging generators all feel too slow and waste a lot of time for the killer, so I suggest speeding these animations up, if there are concerns about pick up animations becoming fast may mess up with flashlight saves, you can make flashlights blind faster to compensate.
But walking to the hook and hooking and damaging gens are all things that take time and just makes the killer experience feels slow, and I didn't mention breaking pallets fast because it would be an advantage in chase, but other things aren't so why not fasten them up.
These changes would make killer experience 10x better and less stressful, so I wish the devs can consider them.
Comments
If it's that slow you then use perks like forever entwined and/or agitation, also idk if it's just for me but on different killers the animations seem slower or faster like breaking a pallet or kicking a gen so try switching a killer maybe (I know the breaking speed doesn't change but it feels like that).
I do indeed believe that killers need a buff but this is not the buffs I would want, but it would be worth testing in a ptb, this might be a good implementation.
I've suggested the action speed buffs before, I think it would be a good idea. However, especially if hook timers were reduced, there would have to be something of equal value for survivors if this happened. Besides the extremities (like when the killer is playing no addons trapper vs meta blight) the game is relatively balanced on average
60 seconds hook timers would be fine tbh I don't remember why it was buffed in the first place, also increased action speeds completely remove the need for like 20 perks and indirectly nerf flashlights which are already the worst item in the game.
That is exactly why I said to make flashlights blind faster, to compensate for the faster pick up, these action speed buffs aren't gonna be something crazy just little number changes.
I’d say more than action speed there can be some incentive to hook and kick gens. It was once on the table but was scrapped. If killer has basekit pop, bbq and bps it would make sense. Ask any miller player why they tunnel… because why not? They sadly scrapped healing changes they tried on PTB where they tried to make heal 24s which would make weaker killer more viable in hit and run and while medkits saw some nerfs base heal is still a problem. If they make it 24s base and increase gen time by 10s the game would be at least less slowdown perk requirement. I like using fun builds, but you mostly can’t compete with them. Killer players have anxiety by their time being not worth spent playing and survivor toxicity also must be adressed. I’d make teabagging in exit gate block it for all survivors for at least 20s. This might be treated well as killer players deserve fun and good time too.