Lobby Dodging Making Que Times Worse

First time back in about 2 months and I'm noticing a lot more people leaving lobbies, especially when the countdown is about to end. Current que time for finding a game in the non-event que reads as 3 mins but is actually 10 with how many people abandon. And with: MMR, actual in-game abandoning, abandoning during the loading screen, balance, etc this game just feels so miserable to play.

In the case of people leaving just before the timer ends, it is clearly just trolling. There is no reason why a surv should be leaving just 12 seconds before the game starts when they can't see who the killer is and their perks.

Comments

  • @JohnHalo4Surv said:

    First time back in about 2 months and I'm noticing a lot more people leaving lobbies, especially when the countdown is about to end. Current que time for finding a game in the non-event que reads as 3 mins but is actually 10 with how many people abandon. And with: MMR, actual in-game abandoning, abandoning during the loading screen, balance, etc this game just feels so miserable to play.

    In the case of people leaving just before the timer ends, it is clearly just trolling. There is no reason why a surv should be leaving just 12 seconds before the game starts when they can't see who the killer is and their perks.

    While I agree with how time seems to be prolonged I have to disagree with some thing...

    There is no reason why a surv should be leaving just 12 seconds before the game starts when they can't see who the killer is and their perks.

    Real life matters are exactly a good reason. I.e. Emergencies. While I know these aren't everyone I have personally had something happen IRL where I left rather then AFK'd into because I don't know how long I'd be AFK from the game.

  • some kind of system to penalise excessive lobby shopping would be fine but honestly its not the real problem, queueing into a killer game and survivors just deciding they don't like your character choice/getting downed too early/whatever else and immediately leaving is the far bigger problem for ruining your game as killer

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/471218/lobby-dodging-making-que-times-worse

    While I agree with how time seems to be prolonged I have to disagree with some thing...

    There is no reason why a surv should be leaving just 12 seconds before the game starts when they can't see who the killer is and their perks.

    Real life matters are exactly a good reason. I.e. Emergencies. While I know these aren't everyone I have personally had something happen IRL where I left rather then AFK'd into because I don't know how long I'd be AFK from the game.

    I’ve had IRL stuff come up as well but I just had 2 lobbies in a row where we had 5 people (10 people total between the 2 games) whittle down the timer and leave at the last moment 😭😭😭

    In one of those lobbies, a player disconnected during the loading screen, thus extending the que.

    Something’s going on, I can feel it. The Lobby Shop has opened its doors.

  • I dont think the que times are worse because of lobby dodging, but the match quality and matchmaking of that match suffer a lot from dodging so the devs really need to take steps to address it on both sides by either removing the pre game lobby or penalties for continually doing it.

    People dodge over the most absurd reasons, not bringing a item is enough for some to dodge, being a console sable even moreso 😂

  • 2v8 always fcks over normal lobbies, but at least its only for a week. Should be back to normal this week.

  • @JohnHalo4Surv said:

    First time back in about 2 months and I'm noticing a lot more people leaving lobbies, especially when the countdown is about to end. Current que time for finding a game in the non-event que reads as 3 mins but is actually 10 with how many people abandon. And with: MMR, actual in-game abandoning, abandoning during the loading screen, balance, etc this game just feels so miserable to play.

    In the case of people leaving just before the timer ends, it is clearly just trolling. There is no reason why a surv should be leaving just 12 seconds before the game starts when they can't see who the killer is and their perks.

    The last-second leaving the lobby also happens when a player has a connection issue. It only shows up when the timer goes to zero for the other players, I think because the connection type changes at that point. Players from Russia experience this issue often.

  • @dangersmymidd1ename said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/471218/lobby-dodging-making-que-times-worse

    The last-second leaving the lobby also happens when a player has a connection issue. It only shows up when the timer goes to zero for the other players, I think because the connection type changes at that point. Players from Russia experience this issue often.

    If true this might explain alot

  • This content has been removed.
  • The best way to minimize lobby dodging is to finally do something about the non-functional matchmaking system. As a multiple thousand hour players I’m not going to stick around in a solo queue lobby when I see my teammates have low double digit hours, which happens all the time. BHVR have refused to address this glaring problem for years.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    The best way to minimize lobby dodging is to finally do something about the non-functional matchmaking system. As a multiple thousand hour players I’m not going to stick around in a solo queue lobby when I see my teammates have low double digit hours, which happens all the time. BHVR have refused to address this glaring problem for years.

    You're likely added to those libbies because someone else dodged them already. Once players are waiting for too long the range widens until it just grabs the next available person.

  • Killer lobby shopping is the first matchmaking issue that needs to be resolved.

    Killers should not be able to see profiles, names, or cosmetics.

    They should only be able to see a silhouette and the item.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4108982#Comment_4108982

    You're likely added to those libbies because someone else dodged them already. Once players are waiting for too long the range widens until it just grabs the next available person.

    No - I can tell when it’s a backfill when it’s not. I still get matched with brand new players all the time even when it’s not a backfill lobby.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4109076#Comment_4109076

    No - I can tell when it’s a backfill when it’s not. I still get matched with brand new players all the time even when it’s not a backfill lobby.

    Hopefully the MMR rework will help with this. But I also think players need to start somewhere, and learn from more experienced players by playing games with them. Some of the techs I still use I learned from just being in a match with some cracked survivors 😅

  • @Wyndsor said:

    Killer lobby shopping is the first matchmaking issue that needs to be resolved.

    Killers should not be able to see profiles, names, or cosmetics.

    They should only be able to see a silhouette and the item.

    Honestly I agree with this. But I think the ability for survivors to switch builds last second should be eliminated too.

    But on the survivor side you think you should be able to see if the other survivors are using the chat wheel or not and be able to dodge based on that. Quite the double standard.

  • @ForTheEntity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4109085#Comment_4109085

    Honestly I agree with this. But I think the ability for survivors to switch builds last second should be eliminated too.

    But on the survivor side you think you should be able to see if the other survivors are using the chat wheel or not and be able to dodge based on that. Quite the double standard.

    The only reason the items are shown to the killer is so the killer can adapt their build. A major, major advantage and an unfair one at that.

  • @dangersmymidd1ename said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4109136#Comment_4109136

    The only reason the items are shown to the killer is so the killer can adapt their build. A major, major advantage and an unfair one at that.

    How is it unfair? The killer is outnumbered and should be able to adapt if they see 4 toolboxes, 4 flashlights or whatever.

    But I'd be fine with the lobby being done away with altogether and going straight into matches without wasting up to a minute of our time before every match, but I am not high MMR and I don't change my build for anything on either side in the lobby.

  • Lobby dodging is not what's creating 30 minutes ques. People need to stop trying to point the finger and just admit the game has a serious shortage of players. This is what happens when you let content creators with terrible takes do the balancing.

  • @cammoking123 said:

    Lobby dodging is not what's creating 30 minutes ques. People need to stop trying to point the finger and just admit the game has a serious shortage of players. This is what happens when you let content creators with terrible takes do the balancing.

    DbD is still riding high from its greatest player peak ever from the Jason release. There is no shortage of players so something else has to explain the queue times.

  • There are people right now who will dodge you if you don't "look good enough".

    I loaded into a lobby today and I saw a chat message from someone who dodged the lobby previously and it said some of the stupidest stuff I've seen. It was something like "wow now 2v8 is over all the bad players are back in 1v4" and that just blew my mind because how entitled do you have to be, to queue up to play and say stupid stuff like that at strangers online

    I know the survivor playerbase gets quite a bad rap for being entitled, but genuinely this is the kind of thing that feeds that image.

  • @ForTheEntity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4109262#Comment_4109262

    DbD is still riding high from its greatest player peak ever from the Jason release. There is no shortage of players so something else has to explain the queue times.

    The que times speak for themself. They aren't bringing in enough new players. Bringing in licensed characters does give them the occasional stimi, but we see that doesn't last long.

  • @cammoking123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4109265#Comment_4109265

    The que times speak for themself. They aren't bringing in enough new players. Bringing in licensed characters does give them the occasional stimi, but we see that doesn't last long.

    If that's the case how come we didn't have problems with queue times 3 years ago when we had half the players we do now?

    DbD is literally (not figuratively) riding its highest player count ever. We can see it on Steam Charts.

    Do you think that queue times can't be affected by anything other than player count?
    Or perhaps Play While You Wait, a problem in the code, pervasive tunneling/slugging, matchmaking or some other unseen variable could be having an effect?