Haywire from The Animatronic (Rework Concept)

A small idea to turn the Animatronic's perk "Haywire" into a real "Oh oh..." moment!

As a Survivor main, I honestly think the endgame needs a bit more thrill. Right now, experienced Survivors completely ruin a Killer's endgame build by using the 99% gate trick, leaving perks like Blood Warden totally useless.
I had an idea for a rework that would not only fix this issue but also create a perfect synergy with Blood Warden, since Haywire is currently completely useless and serves no real purpose in the game, this change would finally make it viable:

"Your presence corrupts the arena's power grid, turning the Survivors' tactical patience into a fatal trap.
Once the Exit Gates are powered, the control panels suffer from severe electrical instability:"

- Forced Activation: When a Survivor interacts with an Exit Gate switch and the opening progress reaches 90%, the lever locks into place.
- The Exit Gate will automatically force itself open to 100%, instantly triggering the Endgame Collapse.
- Survivors cannot stop interacting with the switch once this threshold is breached.

"It’s not the doors keeping you in. It’s the system shutting you down."

A unique and iconic character like Springtrap deserves impactful gameplay mechanics, but a perk like Haywire currently offers zero value during a match. This would create a great "Oh crap!" moment on the exit gate and offer perfect synergy with Blood Warden.

Tagged: KillersPerks

Comments

  • This is an interesting idea. Obviously it would only be useful with Bloodwarden, but at least it would be somewhat useful somewhere. Personally though, I prefer an idea I saw somewhere else that was something like "upon reaching 90% progress, the exit gate wiring will explode and regress the progress back down to 50%." I think this could be a bit of decent slowdown, creating moments where a survivor might stick a gate thinking they can make it before you get there, only for it to explode in their face. In addition, it's still one time use so it can't be abused by Singularity players like it was in the PTB

  • @Arcturus said:

    This is an interesting idea. Obviously it would only be useful with Bloodwarden, but at least it would be somewhat useful somewhere. Personally though, I prefer an idea I saw somewhere else that was something like "upon reaching 90% progress, the exit gate wiring will explode and regress the progress back down to 50%." I think this could be a bit of decent slowdown, creating moments where a survivor might stick a gate thinking they can make it before you get there, only for it to explode in their face. In addition, it's still one time use so it can't be abused by Singularity players like it was in the PTB

    Thats an interesting idea too

  • @CodeInThePit said:

    A small idea to turn the Animatronic's perk "Haywire" into a real "Oh oh..." moment!

    As a Survivor main, I honestly think the endgame needs a bit more thrill. Right now, experienced Survivors completely ruin a Killer's endgame build by using the 99% gate trick, leaving perks like Blood Warden totally useless.
    I had an idea for a rework that would not only fix this issue but also create a perfect synergy with Blood Warden, since Haywire is currently completely useless and serves no real purpose in the game, this change would finally make it viable:

    "Your presence corrupts the arena's power grid, turning the Survivors' tactical patience into a fatal trap.
    Once the Exit Gates are powered, the control panels suffer from severe electrical instability:"

    - Forced Activation: When a Survivor interacts with an Exit Gate switch and the opening progress reaches 90%, the lever locks into place.
    - The Exit Gate will automatically force itself open to 100%, instantly triggering the Endgame Collapse.
    - Survivors cannot stop interacting with the switch once this threshold is breached.

    "It’s not the doors keeping you in. It’s the system shutting you down."

    A unique and iconic character like Springtrap deserves impactful gameplay mechanics, but a perk like Haywire currently offers zero value during a match. This would create a great "Oh crap!" moment on the exit gate and offer perfect synergy with Blood Warden.

    I like this idea but I heard a better idea to buff this useless perk, so keeping the current effect BUT after the gates are opened they get stuck for 10 seconds (5 if it's too strong, needs testing but with 10 it would be able to rival other endgame perks), this will fit the haywire name and do what is supposed to do well.