Exodus of the Faithful (A "Comeback" of Demise of the Faithful)

Here's number 12 of my Comeback shenanigans! I picked out a Chapter where the Killer hasn't been touched since Mikaela came out! Yep! It's true! Plague hasn't been looked at in nearly five years! Even Hag has gotten some love! Anyway, let's get to it!

Temple of Purgation

TempleOfPurg.png

If you read and remembered my Comeback for Lullaby For The Dark, then you'd already know I had Temple of Purgation and Dead Sands swap Realms! Finally, it's time to see the other end of the bargain! I made the Temple even grander than before and shoved it up against the edge of the map. It now has a grand staircase surrounding it and a big section in the center with a more fleshed out undercroft.
The Central Fountain is also here! That's a part of Plague's Power now. You'll see more on it later, but it's permanent on this map! If Plague is in use, then it can be interacted with! If not, then it's set dressing!

The Plague Power

Plague1.png Plague2.png

Plague is very boring to me… and a lot of other people. She's very one-noted and clearly from older DBD. So, I sought to rectify it by having more going on with her.

Fountains are no longer the "standoff" that they are in game. When do you cleanse? Who knows! Now, you can cleanse with a little more reckless abandon since the Fountains will auto-clean themselves. No more matches of Survivors never cleansing and everyone has a horrible time or Survivors cleanse and Survivor have a horrible time.
The Central Fountain was added due to travel time. Plague has no movement option, so this will be her form of "movement" to get to Pools of Devotion since they're now on a timer.
Spit and Cough were added for two different reasons: Survivor is too far away and Survivor is right in front of you, respectively. Purge is still the best way to infect, but Plague has options!

The Plague Add-Ons

Plague3.png Plague4.png Plague5.png Plague6.png Plague7.png

Shifted some Add-Ons around. Also decided that Severed Toe is a more thematic Ultra Rare than the Black Incense.

The Plague Perks

PlaguePerks.png

Bleugh!
I gave Corrupt Intervention the Lethal Pursuer treatment. I wanted it to be more than just the start of a Trial, so now it can persist should you have Perks that vibe well with it. If you're having a bad game, it'll pick up the slack. If you're having a good game, you don't need it anyway. Do note that it will increase the duration of Repressed Alliance, just so you know.
I gave Dark Devotion a little funny thing! Hitting people while it's active will extend it so you can get more value from it!
I removed the Terror Radius need from Infectious Fright. It's now 32m, flat. No abusing it with large Terror Radiuses, and now it can be used for stealth!

Jane Romero Perks

JanePerks.png

Janey Romaney!
I buffed Head On by giving it that liiiiiittle thing at the very bottom! You basically need Quick and Quiet to make Head On even remotely viable, so this will help a LOT so it can stand on its own.
I'm very stingy with what I give Elusive, but Poised deserves it. It's rare, but powerful in the right place.
I made Solidarity work with Med-Kits. Yep, that's the buff.

Berosus

Surprise! New Survivor! Ancient Babylonian too! Knew The Plague in life, will now her again in ""death.""

WhoIsBerosus.png

Berosus Perks

BerosusPerks.png

Yeah, can't stop using Cyberpunk Perk icons. What? They're good!
Hardy Constitution is an odd one. Not only will it work with some of your own Perks, but it'll work with the Killers' too! And remember, Cursed is a Negative Status Effect! The effect is basically just Iron Will, but it works while Exhausted. Although, I did change Iron Will so it works while Exhausted, but it's not 100% quiet, unlike Hardy Constitution.
Numbers Game is the weirdest Perk I've ever made! It works with any and all Token Perks on either side in any situation, adds em all up, and gives ya Repair bonuses for it. To get the maximum value on it, you'd need a Legion running BFFs who is currently at 89 Tokens. You'd get a whopping 472.5% Repair speed bonus! Don't know how fast you'd complete a Gen, but it'd be a very funny thing to witness because that would NEVER happen in an actual game! Stars would have to align!
Factotum is a simple Perk. Little bonuses for everything with the option of cranking one of them up to 11 should you need it.

Misc. Perks

MiscPerks.png

Here's some miscscscscscscs.
Thanatophobia needs to be changed. It's kinda garbage on every Killer except for two, one of them being Plague. I changed it a loooong time ago with Nurse changes, so it's back as a refresher!
I changed up Dead Man's Switch by re-adding the Obsession mechanic. Give it a little more synergy with more Perks, and it can stand up on its own a bit better.
I'll be honest, I hate Grim Embrace! Now, it's kinda like Thrilling Tremors where it's pure information until you get 4 Tokens.

Berosus Voice Lines

BerosusVoiceLines.png

And for the people who just love the little things, Berosus' voice lines!
He's a rich yet humble man, and is absolutely awestruck with Jane. Personally, I thought it'd be REALLY funny that Jane would probably be thought of as a deity with just her figure alone. A real "Odin is with us" moment going on with him.

End

Okay fine, you win, I'll do Binding of Kin next. Unlucky thirteen will be me tackling the Twins.

Comments