“Lights Out” is boring or too much on the survivors' side

As a player on both sides, I find the Lights Out mode so fast and easy, but so frustrating as the killer if you don’t have characters like Jason or The Spirit, who have “Killer’s Instinct” vision. It’s so easy to hide or shake off a chase just by leaving your flashlight on the ground, and that ability to see through windows and pallets seems unbalanced to me—it takes away the fear of feeling hunted, which used to be the most compelling aspect of the mode. Now it’s just just a matter of repairing and leaving.

I only see matches against jason for that reason, and on the Killer side, when I try to play as Sadako, Springtrap, or The Dredge—I feel like I’m not doing anything to stop the repairs, even if I’m coming up out of sight. The generator is already well on its way, and there’s no one around—it’s as if they know I’m coming. As a Survivor, three or four of us escape, and when I’m the Killer, it always ends with either everyone running away or everyone dying at the door because we’re just slugging it out, which is a boring way to play... When it first came out, the terror factor was great, but now it’s just boring. They should add some extra step or something the survivors have to do to make the game last longer and thus feel more pressure or fear.

Comments

  • yes it’s totally stupid - way to survivor sided with all the perks they get by the mode. - worst of all repair-speed -buff

  • It should be like dredge's nightfall. Survivors shouldn't have anything in their favor as this suppose to be jumpscare mode.