What Are Some Out There Licenses That Would Be Fun In DBD?
Games:
- Gauntlet
- centipede
- House of the Dead
- StarCraft
- Left4Dead killer chapter
- Dino crisis / Jurassic park
- Bendy And Ink Machine
- Hollow Knight / Silksong
- Undertale / deltarune
- Do you copy?
Anime / tv / movies
- signs
- Jaws
- Grudge
- Tremors
- Coraline
- American Werewolf In London
- The Mummy (1999)
- The thing / invasion of the body snatchers
Battle star galactica - Star Trek / Star Wars
- Psychopass
- madoka magica
- claymore
- I’d invaded
- darker than black
- d grayman
- Full metal alchemist
- Thriller - Michael Jackson
Books / authors / creepypasta / comics
- SCP Foundation
- Slenderman
- Sirenhead
- lovecraft
- Carmilla
- Legend of Sleepy Hollow (include map)
- Jekyll and Hyde
- Frankenstein
- Edgar Allen poe
- Hellboy
- Avengeline
- Spawn
- Constantine
- Blade
- Ravenloft
- Lord Soth - Dragonlance
- Brandon Sanderson (any of his works)
Mythical Monsters / folklore
- pope lick monster
- mothman
- jorogumo (with arachnophobia mode toggle)
- siren / mermaid
- Yuki-onna
- Dullahan
- Banshee
- Medusa
Let me know if I’ve missed any good ones.
Comments
My brother wants to add: Repo the genetic opera and west world
I’d like to add: night gallery, twilight zone, Logan’s Run, and The Terminator.
And as map-only chapters we have:
Ooh, I love thinking about these!
My two biggest ones, one I've suggested constantly and one I've recently come to think would be awesome, are:
I'd be super down for either of these and I'm cooking a power/perks pitch for the Future Predator idly in my spare time, ha.
It seems I have a new show to watch. That sounds great!
It's pretty good! Meanders a bit in its back half, but there's a lot to like.
More I'd add to the list:
Carneval (old arcade game)
Lifeline (2003 PS game) - good for map+ survivor
High Plains Drifter (movie) - great for a map
High Rise Invasion
Creature from the Black Lagoon — a killer and a map for this would be great, could be a partial water map
Goosebump - would be great to have Horrorland theme park as a map
Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror
The Promised Neverland
Also, definitely have to second House of the Dead, Dino Crisis, Tremors and Centipede. Those would be great. Honestly, the whole list is good. Claymore is a fantastic idea. As is D. Grayman. And Strahd with Ravenloft (especially a Castle Ravenloft map) would be incredible.
For what it's worth, I love the ones that could have a killer+survivor+map and imagining what they'd be for each.
For example:
Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Killer: The Headless Horseman, Survivor: Ichabod Crane, Map: Sleepy Hollow (including the bridge, the road, etc, which would be insanely fantastic)
House of the Dead - Killer: Curien, Survivor: G or G's daughter, Map: The Curien Mansion
Dino Crisis - Killer: T. Rex, Survivor: Regina; Map: Third Energy Complex
Tremors - Killer: The Graboid, Survivor: Val or Bert, Map: the town of Perfection
Signs - Killer: The Extraterrestrial, Two Survivors: Graham and Merill, Map: Doylestown Farm
Centipede - Killer: The Centipede, Survivor: Wally, Map: Weedom
Westworld - Killer: The Gunslinger, Survivor: Peter Martin, Map: The Four Parks (Westworld, Future World, Medieval World, Romanworld)
Ravenloft - Killer: The Count Strahd von Zarovich, Survivor: Tatiana, Map: Castle Ravenloft
Psychopass - Killer: Makishima, Survivor: Inspector Akane Tsunemori, Map: Sibyl (honestly this chapter could have such cool aura perks)
Gauntlet - Killer: Skorne, Survivor: Sumner, Map: Sumner's Tower (this chapter could introduce really interesting mechanics with runestones for Skorne)
etc.
Predator would be cool because it could have a jungle map that really plays with elevation and sloping of the terrain. Terminator would be cool too because it could have a killer that over time changes appearance.
I could go on. But definitely some cool ideas. Repo the Genetic Opera is honestly such another good suggestion.
Kiseijuu/Parasyte: The Maxim; Id love a parasite killer because I want a killer I can use non licenced cosmetics for. This killer would be a compromise for those who want a mimic killer because we can't have a mimic that relies on actually being a mimic they need a chase power and parasites are quite lethal.
Having an entire catalogue of survivor cosmetics for killer is big brain business
Abe from Abe's Oddysee / Oddworld as a survivor with a command wheel for all of his gamespeak options, and one of the perks allowing him to perform a chant that opens a portal for teammates to escape (and be teleported across the map).
Every game would be four Abes.
The Dentist. Watched both movies yesterday this guy is crazy^^
I wonder if Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors would be possible actually.
And actually, The Phantom of the Opera would be really cool—especially if you could have a tri-level or quad-level Opera House map. It could be a map with the rafters, the stage itself, the ochestra pit, the understage, and the Phantom's secret tunnels.
For games ill add:
For Anime/Tv/Movies ill add:
For Books / Comics I'll add :
To name a few.
Destroy All Humans! would be a great game franchise license for them to obtain. Would be awesome.
not gonna lie, a Yuno Gasai skin would be a perfect fit for Susie
Hellsing would be so fire! Conan and X-files are also good adds. And Destroy All Humans would be great. In the same vein I wonder if they could get the rights to War of the Worlds (the radio-broadcast).
Absolutely! Parasyte would be a fantastic add!
I've always wanted a Big Trouble In Little China chapter with Lo Pan "The Sorcerer" as killer and Jack Burton as survivor. Legendary skins could be Wang and Gracie.
Lo Pans power would be a mix of Sadako and Knight: he can become incorporeal like she does and his power would be summoning the Three Storms like guards.
I just want to hear them classic Jack Burton one liners mid chase lol
FROM, LOST, and Fear & Hunger are probably my biggest wants for nontraditional Licenced Chapters. In terms of characters and settings that mold perfectly into DBD, these 3 licences bring something entirely unique to the game, and BHVR has multiple avenues to execute on that if they want.
Thought of another: Karl Ruprecht Kroenen from Hellboy. Would be perfect.
how would they add, much less balance a literal godzilla 😥
My little oni game mode turns into godzilla game mode. Or just cosmetics lol itd be funny seeing megalon as a doctor skin
Its been a hot minute since I've seen someone mention Repo the genetic opera
Would love X-files for survivors! And I think Gremlins would be a crazy and fun killer. Imagine Stripe leading small hoards of other gremlins that could attack generators, survivors, or even trap the map. Plus that chase music would slap.
I would cry tears of joy if we get a Fear and Hunger chapter, even if it's just cosmetics, but proper skins like Geralt and not those weird bad cosplay skins like Tokyo Ghouls, give me the actual characters and not lame cosplays
That would actually be so cool to have a survivor that isn't human (or part human) . They'd need to get Abe's hunched posture right