Is there something wrong with chaos shuffle mmr?

So i have 1500+ hours and do realtively well with killer, yet every xbox player I've come against in chaos shuffle so far has 200 or less hours.

What is going on?

I haven't played chaos shuffle before this event, does it have separate matchmaking?

Comments

  • I think with the different game modes it brings in more of the casual/low hour players than regular 1v4. Just higher chance to be matched with them, especially with wait timed being prioritized over MMR for lobbies.

    The only thing that is different with MMR is it doesn't go up/down in the event modes.

  • There isn't aupoose to be separate matchmaking in events. It's still MMR based. But it always seems looser, probably because there's less people in it, or o make it go faster.

  • @cogsturning said:

    There isn't aupoose to be separate matchmaking in events. It's still MMR based. But it always seems looser, probably because there's less people in it, or o make it go faster.

    Could be the killer queue times for my region I suppose. Queuing killer puts me into a game immediately. But yh straight up I'm being matched with baby survivors rn

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4103519#Comment_4103519

    Could be the killer queue times for my region I suppose. Queuing killer puts me into a game immediately. But yh straight up I'm being matched with baby survivors rn

    I'm tempted to see how it looks on my end but I don't know what killer I'd feel safe playing with random add ons. But the matchmaking was certainly unpleasant on survivor, with all the sweaty, tunneling p100s.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4103524#Comment_4103524

    I'm tempted to see how it looks on my end but I don't know what killer I'd feel safe playing with random add ons. But the matchmaking was certainly unpleasant on survivor, with all the sweaty, tunneling p100s.

    Ghoul, dracula, demo maybe many or oni.

    See theres many choices but either some are strong and ok like netflix vecna, then theres killers that arent best but have ok addons like wraith but many of them are weaker or very addon dependent and then there are killers that have one or two addons that totaly kill their power because they are meme ones and make their power worse then basekit like these addons that take instadown ability from both chainsaw killers, that for blight that makes his power go staright with 7 dashes (longer cooldown) ormayers with scratch mirror that needs another addon that gives him 5% speed etc.

    So its hard to think which are ok because vast majority of people have no clue what garbage addons certain killers have untill they get them and their game is ruined by them.

    Knight is kinda ok with addons.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4103524#Comment_4103524

    I'm tempted to see how it looks on my end but I don't know what killer I'd feel safe playing with random add ons. But the matchmaking was certainly unpleasant on survivor, with all the sweaty, tunneling p100s.

    Yeah seen a lot of tunneling. Tbh the killer games are super weird. I've played everything from killers I'm good with to one I actually suck with. Like i trued a billy game for a tome challenge, normally i am phenomenally bad with billy, like hot garbage. But i absolutely dominated the game and got my 7 chainsaws in one match (usually i struggle to get 3 🤣)

  • In my experience this is every event nowadays. Good survivors stay in the normal queue. Event queue is full of casuals. I think the novelty of the game modes wore off for the serious players. It has really killed the quality of the matches. It's interesting because I have seen a lot of people thinking they are winning more since no one can bring meta perks. I think it's mostly just because the players are extremely bad in chaos shuffle. Like I can see a very observable skill gap that has nothing to do with perks. I go to normal and everyone is slamming gens like they are in a tournament. Go to chaos shuffle and it's people doing nothing and hiding in corners. The general game sense that players have in the regular 1v4 is also miles ahead.

  • I've had some incredibly wild games tonight and it made for some pretty rough experiences for one side or the other. I'm sure it's down to the splitting of the queues, which is also the reason why the MMR changes BHVR are cooking up don't have a prayer of working properly when they go live.

  • @I_CAME said:

    In my experience this is every event nowadays. Good survivors stay in the normal queue. Event queue is full of casuals. I think the novelty of the game modes wore off for the serious players. It has really killed the quality of the matches. It's interesting because I have seen a lot of people thinking they are winning more since no one can bring meta perks. I think it's mostly just because the players are extremely bad in chaos shuffle. Like I can see a very observable skill gap that has nothing to do with perks. I go to normal and everyone is slamming gens like they are in a tournament. Go to chaos shuffle and it's people doing nothing and hiding in corners. The general game sense that players have in the regular 1v4 is also miles ahead.

    It's a shame because chaos shuffle is actually really interesting to play.

    There's a few perks I haven't touched because I thought they wouldn't work well but have absolutely slapped in chaos shuffle.

    Could be down to playing against survs with wonky builds but it's certainly encouraging me to widen my perk usage a bit.