Windows being the top picked survivor perk...
I think we should nerf it to introduce some variety to builds… and to discourage not using your map awareness of rng pallet and tile spawns when playing. I'm a survivor main giving this suggestion. I know how much of a clutch it is. I know the whole "it's an information perk so doesn't need nerfed" argument. It's a clutch.
I think you could introduce a system where at the start of the game you reveal all aura and vaults for 10 seconds or so, this way you can rework windows into something that is less of a clutch whilst still giving people the info they need to find where to take chase. Or make it so every time a gen pops, all window and vault locations are highlighted rather than just constantly having aura revealed.
I always get sad when I see someone doing so well in chase, and then they're running windows… or I'm getting juiced and look at the perks after the match, and they have windows… Immediately throws me off because like, I didn't lose to someone who is good in chase, I lost to their clutch aura reading perk telling them where to take chase constantly.
Let's be open-minded. It does far too much.
Also please don't nerf Sprint Burst. The Vigil nerf itself is good enough. Please.
Comments
I have suggested several times it should only work when in injured state. That is enough of a nerf to make it useful but not the 100% time information perk it currently is.
Being injured is still too lenient to grant full aura on where to take chase constantly, in my opinion. Make it reveal auras for 7 seconds when you first enter chase then go on cooldown for 30 seconds or something, that makes more sense to me and seems fairer than just constantly having aura on all escape routes just because you're injured.
you should have to loop for a certain amount of time for windows to activate
Windows does only 1 thing, how could they even nerf it? I'd say be glad that's all it does.
It used to go on Cooldown after vaulting. Then they changed it to scale aura reading distance and made it always on. The core issue with WoO is that it is always on and the solution is to make it so that it has moments where it is not active.
the cooldown should return imo, the perk stays fully useful for seeing resources and chase routing but nerfs degenerate yellow>yellow>yellow brain off play
Literally anything but what it is now, yeah
Maybe it should block all windows when the survivor can see their auras.