Random things you love about Dead By Daylight?

So I was wondering: what are some random or niche things you love about Dead by Daylight?

Some of mine are:

  • The sound Clown's yellow Antidote bottles make when you're standing inside their gas, both as Clown and as a survivor. It's almost like an airy suction sound, and for some reason I just find it really satisfying to listen to.
  • The sound of a great skill check on a generator. I'm not entirely sure why I love it so much, but it's one of those sounds I instantly associate with Dead by Daylight.
  • Hearing a Hex Totem being cleansed somewhere in the distance. The thunder-like growl across the sky sounds so sinister, and I love how it slowly fades away into silence.
  • Having a gold healing or repair progress bar. This is especially nice for me since I love running We'll Make It and Déjà Vu.
  • The little blue icons that appear next to your perks when a teammate's perk is actively giving you a bonus, like Babysitter, Kindred, or A Place for Us. There's just something really aesthetically pleasing about that particular shade of blue.

Comments

  • Getting a mori on each survivor when you didn't even use the mori offering, like on Myers or Jason.

  • @SpyUA said:

    Getting a mori on each survivor when you didn't even use the mori offering, like on Myers or Jason.

    I think a lot of survivors forget that's even a thing. I had a Jake the other day who was on death hook, and after getting unhooked with Decisive Strike, instead of running away, he started deliberately taunting Jason, trying to bait him into downing and picking him up. Instead, Jason just impaled him on the wall and mori'd him. Karma at its finest! 😂

  • Rolling a 20 with Bardic inspiration, and getting a chance to get value out of it on a generator.

  • Perfectly timed voicelines

    I was once healing myself near a Springtrap door as Alan Wake and when he emerged from it suddenly and Alan's panicked reaction was the same as mine. Pretty cool moment.

  • The sound that Fast Track and Small Game make, and the visuals for Invocations and Potential Energy. Too bad almost all those things are useless. Doing glyphs is also really satisfying too. I wish they'd reincorporate them in new Quests or something.

    I love the sound of World Breaker activating too, but only if I'm the killer. Funny how a sound can be stressful on one side and satisfying on the other.

  • @ShanoaLegendaryPlz said:

    Rolling a 20 with Bardic inspiration, and getting a chance to get value out of it on a generator.

    Ooh that’s a good one! I need to start using that perk more often. I had it in one of my Chaos Shuffle games earlier today and I was having fun with it. I also love how most survivors will stand and ‘dance’ as you’re using it! lol

  • @cogsturning said:

    The sound that Fast Track and Small Game make, and the visuals for Invocations and Potential Energy. Too bad almost all those things are useless. Doing glyphs is also really satisfying too. I wish they'd reincorporate them in new Quests or something.

    I love the sound of World Breaker activating too, but only if I'm the killer. Funny how a sound can be stressful on one side and satisfying on the other.

    I agree with all of these. I’d also add Visceral Cankers to the list. I get so jealous when a teammate has one of them in my games and I can’t harvest it.

  • So many things that I love with Trickster. Been playing lots of him recently with Edge of Revival and hitting crossmap injures and sometimes even downs is probably one of the most satisfying things in this game. Hitting through small gaps as well is always nice. Sound wise, the rank up chimes are great, and also his new laughs for reaching S rank. Took me a while to get used to them but theyve grown on me.

    For things that arent Trickster... Activating MoM is probably my favorite thing to do as survivor.

  • Hiding while watching a killer get Blast Mined is so hilarious and satisfying.

    Getting a multi hit with Pyramid Heads Punishment of the Damned - such a sweet punchy sound

    Outplaying someone I am normally below the skill level of.