Hook Distance to Short
Hook distances are currently too short, especially in certain areas of the map. Killers can often hook survivors in very close proximity to each other, making it extremely difficult for survivors to safely rescue and reset. This can create very oppressive situations with little counterplay. I believe hook spawn distances should be increased slightly to create a healthier balance and give survivors more opportunities to make rescues.
Tagged:
Maps
Comments
Subo squads and majority of the time I can hook only one survivor in the area cuz of lack of hooks (I cannot reach to another hook without the survivors wiggling off) so I need to leave the survivors (slugging is evil, isn't it?), you are basically asking for more slugging.
I've noticed that some maps do have an issue with this (Dead Dawg Saloon being the most prominent one), but I feel like many maps have a good hook spread. If those problematic maps would get tackled, the situation would probably be fine.
And by rejecting this out of the gate you are saying survivors should gen rush more.
I feel some maps need rework. The maps were made smaller but the hook density was not accounted for. Same with pallets. Some maps have a lot of pallets everywhere; where others have dead zones. So a look at map size and hook & pallet density would help this issue.
hook counts arent elastic enough to map sizes, so small maps arguably have some too close (dead dawg) but big maps have them way too far apart (swamp)
What does gen rushing has to do with this?
Okay in this game there's very few things survivors can actually do besides generators. Sabotaging hooks is one of those things and is already a very risky play since it can be countered by perks, certain killer powers, and slugging. By saying hook density should be high to the point where it's actually impossible like on the Fazbear map for example you are saying essentially that survivors should just spend more time on generators instead of sabotaging hooks or interacting with the killer. Now if you are okay with genrushing I can understand your viewpoint. It's simply most killer mains don't understand this when they advocate for things like nerfs to boons or sabotoging that by making alternative objectives so weak they become pointless you are asking for gens to go faster.
Uh, survivors can very much still unhook 1 of them, no killer can be present to prevent unhooks in different places at the same time.
There are indeed some maps with hooks being weirdly very close to each other, but then again, if you somehow got 2 survivors downed in same area, I have a feeling that it is entirely on survivors, in which case killer gets to snowball off of it
counterpoint you can have hook deadzones or just the game making it impossible to hook
Which certain perks counter sabotaging?
Iron Grasp and Agitation are fairly hard counters, Hangman's trick, mad grit, and Awakened Awareness will also typically counter it. This feels like a trick question.