Are some killer's pallet break animations broken again?

I remember a couple years back before I took a break from the game there were several killers who had broken pallet break animations that would make them look so far down while doing so that it made it impossible to blind them. Just this last game though I went against a Plague and was shining a beam in her face from before the animation even started to well after, yet I never got close to a blind. No lightborn or nothing. The only things I can think of was the latency on the server was a bit higher or it could be another pallet break animation issue.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • @Arcturus said:

    I remember a couple years back before I took a break from the game there were several killers who had broken pallet break animations that would make them look so far down while doing so that it made it impossible to blind them. Just this last game though I went against a Plague and was shining a beam in her face from before the animation even started to well after, yet I never got close to a blind. No lightborn or nothing. The only things I can think of was the latency on the server was a bit higher or it could be another pallet break animation issue.

    Do I see that as killer too or is it just the killermodell for the survivor? I played several killers yesterday and I wouldn't remember looking down any more while breaking palettes then normally - but I also wan't to say that plague wasn't under them, so maybe it's something with her then?

    That being said it could indeed be ping

  • If I remember correctly, they never fixed this issue with Plague. This has been an issue with her for years that gets left unaddressed.

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/470265/are-some-killers-pallet-break-animations-broken-again

    Do I see that as killer too or is it just the killermodell for the survivor? I played several killers yesterday and I wouldn't remember looking down any more while breaking palettes then normally - but I also wan't to say that plague wasn't under them, so maybe it's something with her then?

    That being said it could indeed be ping

    You as Killer have a different model compared to what Survivors see. Here you can see how the Killer model looks like:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmcEJD9IAEQ

    This is basically the model the Killer player is using and it is a bit different compared to what Survivors can see. There was a bug at some point in the game where a Killer saw their version of the model during the spinning animation.

    So IF there is an issue with the Killer looking down too much, you will most likely not notice it when playing Killer yourself, because you use a different model compared to what the Survivors see.