Bots are easy but...

Aren't they just a little bit too reactive to projectiles?

I'm not talking about balance in the queue. A bot is easy to exploit and catch. You can even use how egregious they are with their projectile dodges to your advantage, zoning them away from resources for free.

I'm talking about when you're trying out a new killer or build in a custom before taking it live. It's their instant reactions to any projectile, and ability to pivot while its travelling using their inhuman reaction times, that makes it hard to gauge any kind of ranged power in a custom.

Let's be real, it affects survivors negatively too, as it makes them even easier to exploit and down quickly in a match where their previous human pilot had enough.

It also makes them act less like human players. Maybe they should only hard dodge some of the time, or something.

Comments

  • I think they do not auto-dodge. At least in my experience

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    I think they do not auto-dodge. At least in my experience

    I'll test again tonight but I ran like 3 games vs only bots last night just testing how some things synergised and every time I pulled up my axe (Springtrap) they would swerve wildly to the left or right, immediately path away from resources. If I went for an orbital they'd immediately just 90 degree turn out of the loop.

    It's not busted, but I do wonder.

  • @zonkednb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4098278#Comment_4098278

    I'll test again tonight but I ran like 3 games vs only bots last night just testing how some things synergised and every time I pulled up my axe (Springtrap) they would swerve wildly to the left or right, immediately path away from resources. If I went for an orbital they'd immediately just 90 degree turn out of the loop.

    It's not busted, but I do wonder.

    I've played a few matches with jason against bots after his release, but they were pretty predictable for my projectile. Sometimes they just did not dodge tho.

    Maybe because spaghetto code jason new?

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4098279#Comment_4098279

    I've played a few matches with jason against bots after his release, but they were pretty predictable for my projectile. Sometimes they just did not dodge tho.

    Maybe because spaghetto code jason new?

    The only time they wouldn't swerve was when they were running through a doorway or already committed to an animation. I had one run into shack, go for the window, I pulled up my axe and they veered to the left and mashed their face into the lockers for multiple seconds.

  • I think they shouldnt doge everything like before where when they were fresh thing in the game they basicaly doged everything that flew at them if there was space before projectile hit them.

    Now they shouldnt doge everything as before but still some slow traveling projectiles like pyramidheads m2 are almost impossible to hit because they are slow and bots have lot of time to doge them and they doge only things that come at them I believe.

    They still have walls so like when they are left with hatch they always run towards it like clear wall hacker, cant be mindgames at loops where they have zero line of sight on the killer and are 100% accureate with flashlights.

    Buts have flaws (thankfully) but still some things they do way better then actual players but I believe they now move more around and dont doge everything thats thrown at them as before.

  • @zonkednb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4098297#Comment_4098297

    The only time they wouldn't swerve was when they were running through a doorway or already committed to an animation. I had one run into shack, go for the window, I pulled up my axe and they veered to the left and mashed their face into the lockers for multiple seconds.

    Interesting. Ill have to try with huntress and springtrap.

  • you can't even practice anything as unknown because even with unforeseen+ Weave the bots are looking at you from entirely different floors like on Midwich.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    you can't even practice anything as unknown because even with unforeseen+ Weave the bots are looking at you from entirely different floors like on Midwich.

    Yh I've noticed in a live ghostface match that bots can reveal me through walls. And they are basically impossible to sneak up on even with undetectable because they always seem to count as looking directly at you, even through obstacles.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    you can't even practice anything as unknown because even with unforeseen+ Weave the bots are looking at you from entirely different floors like on Midwich.

    @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4098347#Comment_4098347

    Yh I've noticed in a live ghostface match that bots can reveal me through walls. And they are basically impossible to sneak up on even with undetectable because they always seem to count as looking directly at you, even through obstacles.

    Basically the way to get bots is to just M1 them. It's super easy so no one wants bots nerfed, it just makes them less suitable to practice with because they ignore so many powers.

    At least killers get bots though. Survivors just gotta put themselves out there and pray it's a learning experience. I'd rather they give us at least the 2v8 killer bots in customs before they do anything with survivor bot behaviour.

  • @zonkednb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4098347#Comment_4098347

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4098352#Comment_4098352

    Basically the way to get bots is to just M1 them. It's super easy so no one wants bots nerfed, it just makes them less suitable to practice with because they ignore so many powers.

    At least killers get bots though. Survivors just gotta put themselves out there and pray it's a learning experience. I'd rather they give us at least the 2v8 killer bots in customs before they do anything with survivor bot behaviour.

    Yeah we should absolutely have killer bots to play against

  • Maybe I’m crazy, but I’m almost certain the bots in custom lobbies are smarter than the bots you get in public matches when someone disconnects.

    In custom lobbies, it’s almost impossible to mind-game a bot. They seem to have some kind of wallhacks, always knowing which direction you’re coming from, and they’re much better at dodging projectiles than most real players. By comparison, the bots that replace disconnected players in public matches don’t feel nearly as strong.

    They still seem to have information that real players wouldn’t, like always being aware of the killer’s position or being able to find hex totems quickly, but they don’t loop with the same confidence or efficiency as the bots in custom games.