Emote- and Heal "teching"

How come when killers slide their forehead across the wall it's called an exploit or unintended behavior but when survivors just completely block your pickup prompt by healing downed survivors or emote to animation cancel to gain distance to pallets/further into the exit gate it's called a tech? I feel like at least one of those things sounds unintended. Does my killer suddenly get social anxiety when the survivors touch each other? Ridiculous.

Comments

  • when have killers ever been critiqued for "slide forehead against a wall" what does that even mean

  • @HexSlugged said:

    when have killers ever been critiqued for "slide forehead against a wall" what does that even mean

    Probably Blight's hug tech.

  • Putting my forehead across the wall takes real skill to pull off.

  • Do you mean hugging a wall to avoid a flashlight safe? Didn't know people called that an exploit.

    When it comes to "tech" vs exploit, I feel like it comes down to what the devs think about it. Looping could have been classified as both when it emerged. Now it's just part of regular gameplay.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    Do you mean hugging a wall to avoid a flashlight safe? Didn't know people called that an exploit.

    When it comes to "tech" vs exploit, I feel like it comes down to what the devs think about it. Looping could have been classified as both when it emerged. Now it's just part of regular gameplay.

    I was referring to Wesker/Blight Hug techs that allowed them to get hits around certain loops. It would look like them grinding themselves across the surface hence the comparison.

  • @Hunk1559 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4097901#Comment_4097901

    I was referring to Wesker/Blight Hug techs that allowed them to get hits around certain loops. It would look like them grinding themselves across the surface hence the comparison.

    Ahhh. Thx for clarifying.

    Well, in these cases, the devs saw it as an exploit so it was.

    As I said, it always comes down to the developers intention where something is supposed to be in the game or not. Whether we like it or not.

    What you can do is make a thread about how much you dislike certain "techs" on the survivor side why you would be in favour of them being removed. This obviously by giving solid arguments to support your statement.

  • I think he means that killers have to suffer through it or get frustrated and just have to deal with it when he says killers have to "slide their forehead across the wall"