Quick question for the devs about cakes

No no, I'm, not complaining again. 50 per prestige is acceptable to me. My question though, is after this whole fiasco, what should be expect for next year's anniversary? Are we going to be having this conversation again? Is BHVR happy with 50 per prestige? Are the players happy with it? What is BHVR thinking going forward?

Comments

  • Its still early to say about next years Anniversary, we will have some discussions and understand where the bug happened last year. Then decide from there, we will let you know much much nearer when the time comes to let you all know where our position is regarding offerings.

  • We will have 250 cakes per prestige next year, but the BP buff will only be 11%. I cannot prove it but it's true.

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    We will have 250 cakes per prestige next year, but the BP buff will only be 11%. I cannot prove it but it's true.

    Dear god, don't give them ideas! 😨

    I appreciate the quick response, Mandy!

  • I'm honestly fine with the 50 cakes per prestige now. It allows me to use my main to farm BP and level up others to unlock perks or get then unlocked at a higher tier. Before I could basically only level up my main and was unable to focus on the other characters. Now I don't have to do that which I think is a win.

  • I think the cakes are in a good spot now too. i already have so many that it would take hundreds and hundreds of matches to use them up already. having 1k cakes on one character is pointless as i wont be playing 1k matches with that character over the next year

  • More then cakes I miss event bonus bp for done gens or hooks etc. as it was before and the lack of bloodhunt that will now end.

    This combination is mess bigger then cakes for me.

  • @Mandy said:

    Its still early to say about next years Anniversary, we will have some discussions and understand where the bug happened last year. Then decide from there, we will let you know much much nearer when the time comes to let you all know where our position is regarding offerings.

    Honestly, just let people have their funny bp offerings. Grinding them keeps people playng the game. I dont see any issue with them stacking hundreds or even thousands. It helps with the grind and encourages leveling multiple characters on the killer side.

    I just straight up don't understand the idea behind intentionally limiting this offering. AT THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY. An event that has been promoted more than any other event in dbd history.

    I'm really sorry, but sometimes it really feels like you guys are trying to make things difficult for yourselves.

  • 50 cakes per prestige with the auto leveling ensuring they are selected 100% of the time - is the best place it could be because it has 2 possitives and only 1 negative

    + both sides get cakes at the same rate for once

    + the cake rate is high enough to keep people playing either to farm for one character, or spread cakes among all their favorites evenly

    (-) P100s are still at a massive dissadvantage when trying to just collect cakes as they once again have the most expensive cakes costing an entire lvl 50 bloodweb each time. Making it not worth collecting cakes on them