End Game DC

Speaking truthfully, I know many killer mains (If not all) have had a poor game where all gens pop and they just know its over, so then the killer has to go through the motions of either trying to pray they can hold onto a 1k or just have to force survivors out of the exit gates.

So I feel like healthy gameplay mechanic for both sides would be allowing the killer to DC without punishment once all generators are complete (Similar to how survivors can DC once their entire team is down, sacrificed, or hooked). This would allow the killer to move on and avoid any BM or anything of the sort.

However, I do understand that abruptly ending the match may not feel good for survivors who earned the victory, especially if they're trying to get a trophy or challenge. So the game could replace the killer with a bot (similar to the 2v8 killer bot). This would allow the survivors to end the game as they please and the killer can move on, win win. The bot would only need to be able to function during end game so BHVR would not have to code it to kick gens or anything.

Lastly I know some survivors may not be interested in finishing a game against a bot, so to make things fair the game could allow the survivors to DC for free if they wish to once the killer is a bot (similar to how killers can DC once the survivors do).

I genuinely don't see how this would be negative to either side considering a killer gets to leave early and get onto the next match (which also helps considering the queue times)…but also the survivors keep the freedom of choice to leave early or stay, but please feel free to add onto this or discuss. Also sorry for the short essay lol, I wanted to be thorough.

While this may not be an essential change, i feel like it would be a great quality of life that would harm no one besides people that simply wish to BM. Have a great day!

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • Sure, I'm all for killer being able to abandon when all generators are completed.

  • my issue is that the game isnt over when 5 gens are done. thats still a situation that can be won or at least a hook secured. i would say if a change was to be made its when gens are done and the gat was opened.

  • @HexSlugged said:

    my issue is that the game isnt over when 5 gens are done. thats still a situation that can be won or at least a hook secured. i would say if a change was to be made its when gens are done and the gat was opened.

    survivors are allowed to leave in a lot of scenarios where the game isn't over

  • I'm gonna continue to say it—we can avoid going over all of these potential scenarios just by changing the DC penalty. Max it out at 15 minutes, have it degrade like it used to, and replace all DCed players with bots. The last thing a frustrating game should do is penalize players for being frustrated. All it does is prematurely age the game, as we've seen.

  • I genuinely do feel this would be added shortly after the introduction of killer bots, if not with it. Because with the amount of "do thing at endgame" challenges/quests/whatever it's practically a prerequisite.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    I'm gonna continue to say it—we can avoid going over all of these potential scenarios just by changing the DC penalty. Max it out at 15 minutes, have it degrade like it used to, and replace all DCed players with bots. The last thing a frustrating game should do is penalize players for being frustrated. All it does is prematurely age the game, as we've seen.

    especially during this gamemode ive been feeling the DC penalty changes from way back. the amount of survivors DCing from killers hard tunneling to win and the amount of killers DCing from well timed table setting has been way higher than the normal DC rate, at least from what I've seen, and I myself have DCed a lot more too, but after one DC in a day of 30 games sometimes I'll instantly get a 15 minute ban

  • @oxygen said:

    I genuinely do feel this would be added shortly after the introduction of killer bots, if not with it. Because with the amount of "do thing at endgame" challenges/quests/whatever it's practically a prerequisite.

    I don't think we're getting Killer bots, personally. It was promised so long ago at this point and 2v8 hasn't gotten us any closer.

    @Arcturus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4097335#Comment_4097335

    especially during this gamemode ive been feeling the DC penalty changes from way back. the amount of survivors DCing from killers hard tunneling to win and the amount of killers DCing from well timed table setting has been way higher than the normal DC rate, at least from what I've seen, and I myself have DCed a lot more too, but after one DC in a day of 30 games sometimes I'll instantly get a 15 minute ban

    I got up to 15 too, but only because the game is unstable and kept crashing. 😭 Which is another reason to be more lax on the penalty. If they're going to continue to roll out big updates that hardly work, it's unfair to expect us to foot the bill for it.

  • @HexSlugged said:

    my issue is that the game isnt over when 5 gens are done. thats still a situation that can be won or at least a hook secured. i would say if a change was to be made its when gens are done and the gat was opened.

    Would it change anything? If the killer wants to forfeit he could just open a gate by himself then forfeit.

  • @coldflame said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4097248#Comment_4097248

    survivors are allowed to leave in a lot of scenarios where the game isn't over

    i have critisims of that as well.