Prestige Rewards Are USELESS
For those of you who know me (oh cool, thats no one cuz I'm not famous lol) you know I've been a big advocate for BHVR rewarding the horrific amount of time we spent on their game, and when I saw the glowing Dwight/Trapper cosmetics I was severely disappointed, even moreso than I was when I saw badges as our prestige rewards.
I do wanna preface this by saying I am NOT asking for the legacy cosmetics players got in 2016 to return, but if you think licensing issues are a valid reason to deprive players of (different) 2022 Legacy cosmetics, might I remind you that despite players getting Laurie and Myers to P3 before the update in 2016 didn't get cosmetics because of said issues, and yet we're not complaining that the players got what they could.
Before you say other rewards for 2022 legacy would lead to elitism, might I remind you people constantly say "oh you're P100 you're too sweaty" or "You play so bad for someone of such a high prestige level" (you can't even hide your prestige) and the legacy cosmetics players did get before were still perfectly fine. Some players are able to buy killers and cosmetics with real money, no ones complaining others are too poor despite dedicating way more hours to the game. Other successful (and less criticized) games also have limited time cosmetics, again this is not a problem. The complaint that this could cause "elitism" is nonsensical even if it would cause elitism.
I'm sorry to anyone who disagrees, but I'm gonna be so honest the portraits we got for reaching P3 in 2022 were genuinely so bad, and no offense to whoever's idea it was, but I'm gonna tell you why it's awful.
1. People like changing their actual icons anyway.
2. Its unsatisfying to see every time you change your character, like your main is too new for the fancy portrait or perhaps it just looks incomplete next to the characters with the normal profiles. It wouldnt be as irking if this was just cosmetics for the customization section thats way more orginized looking.
3. NO ONE CAN SEE IT why do you want us to have "bragging rights" (actual quote) when it comes to our prestige level, but we get nothing for having been loyal to your game since 2022 despite the multiple controversies.
So what does this have to do with the Dwight/Trapper cosmetics? They are so eerily close to the OG legacy cosmetics, but they're red like the legacy portraits, yet we did nothing to earn them but log in. WHAT? You could have made something like this for each character (assuming licenses or lack thereof allow) who reached P3 in 2022, many would disagree with this since they're so close to the OG legacy cosmetics, but how on earth is just giving these out to Dwight and Trapper for free okayed, but making something like this that we actually worked for not okayed. I. Dont. KNOW? It could have worked as a Legacy 2.0, but no its just here for no reason.
Hopefully there will still be an actual reward for reaching P3 back in the day, but still I don't see anything like this in the future, unless maybe these glow cosmetics were teasing that and if so I cant thank BHVR enough, but so far it isn't looking like that. I can still think of other ideas for new legacy cosmetics, guess the ones they could have used are just a missed opportunity, but we could have similar cosmetics with the scratch marks that'd be cool too. Maybe something foggy, something related to the now P4-6 bloody cosmetics but different, idk.
And now to get onto the character badges we get for P100, are we actually kidding with this? Its just the same portrait with different effects. GUYS… You basically get no reward for prestige 50 until you hit 100, because who's using the Prestige 50 badge after they've earned the 100 one, I don't wanna be rude but this is insanely lazy and not worth it at all. I don't know what they were thinking with any of this.
But hey, what do you guys think? If you disagree I mean you're allowed but I'm gonna be honest you deserve way better, I know people complain about this game 24/7 but still, I'm being so real right now.
Comments
I don't hate the idea of the badges though I do think a lot of the portraits are terrible. Even so, I haven't used any other badge since they became a thing. I switch back and forth between killer and survivor ones depending on what I'm playing at the time. I like the idea a lot, and I think others do too becuase I see them all the time, I just think the execution was iffy.
Cosmetics would be cool but I'm not dying for them. I find the legacies kinda ugly and wouldn't be likely to use them. What I would like is an animated banner and a special charm for each character. I'd also like legendary skins to get prestige badges.
I lately saw the bloody portraits on half my killers snd thought: why are they there? The cut between my killer roster looks weird.
Then i remembered it was supposed to be a reward and i activated it years prior lol.
I think they should just design a specific P100 skin for every killer. You get a bloody version early and a crazy bloody version (creative i know) on your way to P100.