Chain-SAW (A "Comeback" of Leatherface and SAW Chapters)

I am a sucker for bad puns. I saw the opportunity, and I took it, so I doubled my work load and combined our boy Bubba and our girl Amanda (plus Tapp) and made a Comeback of both of the Chapters! Expect more references than what you're used to! Both of the Killers had rather awful Add-Ons from a lore-based perspective.

The Game

Gideon1.png Gideon2.png Gideon3.png

Ever wanted to see Gideon with 3 floors? Uh… no? Well anyway, here's Gideon with 3 floors and more movie references! Got everything from SAW, SAW II, SAW III… yeah, there's a lot of SAWs.
I split the ground floor into 4 quadrants, each one a reference to something. There's the Observation Corner, Nerve Gas House, Pig Drop Down, and Shotgun Carousel. There's also a trap from Jigsaw in the central area. If you power up the Bathroom Generator, it begins to spin and knocks the corpse inside all around.
The bottom floor contains more easter eggs, and is no longer 1-1 with the ground floor, shrinking the map a bit, but I did expand the ground floor a bit… and, ideally, removed some (a lot) of Pallets.
Top floor is a catwalk mezzanine! Get around in a rather risky and obvious way! Or ambush from the top rope!

Also, yes, I added an achievement as a reference to Jeff from SAW III. He really was way too slow.

Rotten Fields

Fields.png

Went over this before in my Vanilla Comeback, but here is Bubba's map! I took the emptiness of Rotten Fields and gave it a Texan Makeover! Corn on one side, beautiful flowers on the other.

The Pig Rework

Pig1.png Pig2.png Pig3.png

You might not believe this, but Ambush is actually surprisingly good now! The most I did to buff it was increasing the speed of Crouching so it's not AS MUCH OF a tool solely for Ambush.

As for the Traps, there is were I changed some stuff up. Technically speaking, the Traps are the exact same, at least, the RBTs are. The other 3 new Traps are there to keep Survivors on their toes or distract them for a longer period of time. Would it hurt new players? Yeah, but you try teaching a new player how to counter almost 50 Killers and around 300 Perks. Yeah, just another one on the pile.

The Pig Add-Ons

Pig4.png Pig5.png Pig6.png Pig7.png Pig8.png

Here's a bunch of Add-Ons. Tampered Timer is effectively dead! I can hear some tears! Regardless, I did put in a lot, Lot, LOT more references to SAW in these, including some from Jigsaw and SAX X!

The Cannibal Rework

Cannibal1.png Cannibal2.png

Okay maybe I liked TCM Bubba a little more than others. Yep, this whole Rework is mainly making him his TCM version. Hey! He's COOLER there! He still has his one shot in the form of the Overhead, Tantrum is a lot more interesting now, and Mallet smacks are for being a sneaky. Seriously, no idea how that oak tree is as quiet as a mouse.

The Cannibal Add-Ons

Cannibal3.png Cannibal4.png Cannibal5.png Cannibal6.png Cannibal7.png

I had to put in a lot more Texas Chainsaw Massacre into his Add-Ons. Most of his Add-Ons were just Chainsaw. It was like Billy; no backstory, only saw.
I also brought back the Survivor faces! They were removed because of uh… some people… but I added them back in a way where the aforementioned "some people" can't embrace their middle school humor.

The Pig Perks

PigPerks.png

Oink Oink!
I wanted to have Make Your Choice have a nice benefit for getting the hit. It feels good to get someone down with the Perk, so might as well get it back online faster!
Hangman's Trick needed work. When I initially heard that Hangman's was becoming a Scourge Hook, I was excited! I had that idea months before they did that, and I was hopeful! Then it was STILL GARBAGE! Anyway, here's an edited version of the effect I had in mind for it months before.
Surveillance's numbers got upped. Larger radius for noise, longer time for being yeller. Simple.

The Cannibal Perks

CannibalPerks.png

Not oink oink but uhh… HURGH HURGH…? Eh, close enough.
BBQ got buffed! It's now a shorter distance so you are FURTHER encouraged not to tunnel some poor dude out of the game!
I also buffed Franklin's because, well, it got worse over the years! It used to deplete charges, but ever since Keys and Maps got reworked with the addition of Fog Vials, Bhvr has had a seizure with any Perk relating to Item charges.
Knock Out is reworked. It's an uninspiring Perk that, after the well-needed Rework, lost its entire identity. So, here! Have a Perk that makes Survivors think they don't have a concussion until they try to do something.

Detective David Tapp Perks

TappPerks.png

Oink oink! He's a cop, so I can say that!
I brought back the Map part of Detective's Hunch! Yep, that's about it! But I also made it track more things like Exit Gates and Hatches.
Stake Out got nerfed! No more abusing it with Hyperfocus or any Perk that needs Great Skill Checks. It'll be a Great on paper, but it's a Good to everything else.
Tenacity basically gave you Elusive to begin with, so I decided to finalize it as well as giving it a faster recovery speed in the Dying State.

End

Anything to avoid doing Binding of Kin, right? Yep, keeping this bit up for as long as possible! Honestly, Binding of Kin might be next because I can't hold it off forever.

Comments