Why did you pick your Survivor?
The event is, for kinder words, a bit unfun and bound to cause tension so I wanted to ask something nice
When you main a killer you main them cause of powers first and character second
But with survivor its purely personal preference
So what made you fall in love with your Main
Is it their lore, are they funny, do you vibe with them, or any other reason you decided to find your favorite in the Fog ♡
Tagged:
Survivors
Comments
I personally main Jeff cause I love his look. Hes so kind and looks like a teddy bear given human form. Im sure he would be someone id enjoy being friends with.
I also Main Orela as i believe i am Trans but cant actually do anything with it as my Situation wouldnt allow it comfortably so being able to play as a Trans girl just feels so nice. Its like seeing my potential future Self ♥︎
Well ive cycled through several survivor mains over the years. At first it was Cybil (cheryl legendary) because she was the favorite character from silent hill. Because i found her to be hot and a strong character in the series. When she took her helmet off in the movie i was like "Dayum!"
Next it was Rebecca Chambers. At first i wasn't that interested in her in the resident evil games, but when she came to dbd something changed and i was quite excited about her joining. Shes also the only resident evil survivor that looks like their original model from the first resident evil remake/zero while all others are later remake versions which are harder for me to like since they stuck with the same models for years for several games and then changed them all. (For example i can't stand the new Jill)
After that it was Trevor Belmont. But in all honesty Trevor is my least favorite character in the castlevania franchise. Especially that version of him which was a character you don't play as the main character of that 1 game, hes a reoccuring boss fight with an annoying personality, that you unlock as a new game+ game mode to play as. And i would have loved to have Simon Belmont or Shanoa atleast as legendary skins because the cosplays are a suckerpunch to the soul. I suppose i mained him anyway for Soma and Alucard since i did play through allll 26 games.
After that was Lara Croft because I like many others during her prime - found her to be pretty hot as thats generally what sold the franchise apart from its explorative/action gameplay. When they changed that to survival lara however, I wasn't that interested anymore. Mained her anway for the sake of remembering the old version, and the "Iconic Lara" outfit made that much easier (even though it shrunk her chest compared to the base skin).
After Lara it was Aestri / Baermar as at first I was kinda confused why rhe first Elf in the game ended up being bulky and shaped bigger than most of the men in the game while having some of the ugliest cosmetics ever made. If they were going to add an Elf id have imagined them being slender/pretty etc, something like Shadowheart from baldurs gate 3. Eventually enjoyed playing as her anyway as the voice acting was good and the perks were fun to use, and i enjoy playing as anything but human characters whenever the option comes up. Like ill avoid tons of space exploration games just because you are always humans everytime. Shes also the closest thing we will get to a Baldurs gate 3 chapter.
Since then its been tough trying ro find a survivor i like enough to prestige, as you can see those were all licenses^. Shane Wiigwaas is now the next in line for p100, as I was a big fan of a game/comic, horror/action series called Turok back in the 90s/2000s and that got me somewhat interested in Indigenous culture. So far hes pretty cool and the closest i'll get to a Turok chapter as that series died many years ago and has a reboot coming by new devs that made the game nothing like the originals so I alredy know it won't go far.
I main Taurie because I thought having a black vale survivor would be a cool idea ever since Artist came out and I like that in a way she's the real horror fan girl of the game like sure Sable dresses the part but Taurie walks the walk of worshipping a spidery eldritch god. On another note I guess I relate to her self-sacrificing nature and that makes her easier to connect to.
I mostly play killer, but I do have two favorite survivors that are pretty equal in their prestige; Ripley and Taurie.
Taurie I picked because I really loved the idea of a (semi)reformed bad guy. The fact she's Scottish and most of her non-cultist outfits show she's a punker just makes her that much cooler. Plus, voice lines.
Ripley on the other hand, I specifically run her as Ripley 8. Don't get me wrong, I love Alien and Aliens as much as the next person, mostly because of Sigourney Weaver, but I have a serious soft spot for Alien Resurrection even though it's kind of a bad (but fun) movie. The fact that they chose to include Ripley 8 blew my mind, and I've stuck with her ever since.
Plus, almost no one runs Rip 8, so I get to feel like a special unique princess snowflake when I play her.
Dwight gets all of the outfits and new players main him so I can copy their outfit and swap places with them mid chase.
Ive started my p100 Ace grind and I SWEAR he gets quieter when the killer is around.
I used to main Leon(Chris) because I played a lot with my gf back in the day, Chris/Jill is one of the closest things to a couple ig, not counting ST but it was absent at the time.
Now we dont play dbd much, also licensed survivors get cosmetics like once a year, so i am thinking about swapping to original one. Shane looks like perfect guy, love his looks and lore.
I still get all Leon cosmetics and he will always be my secondary main(detective noire skin is perfection), but really sometimes you want a bit more options for cosmetics.
I've gone between a couple mains.
Was a true blendette between 2018-2019, fell in love with Yui when she came out, and was between her and zarina for a while. Then leon came out, and mained him.
Right now, i go between leon, rick grimes and michonne grimes. All of my mains hold a special place in my heart tho
Mikaela Reid.
I like her glasses.
I have an internal bit where whenever she pulls her book out in the lobby I'm saying her legal name like it's a command.
Claire and Leon. Besides being my favorites, they're real survivors.
back in 2016 it was Claudette, because I was a big blendette enjoyer, and I like vibe better than the other ogs, my first P10
fast forward a few years to Lisa Garland my beloved, I loved her design, the silent hill chapter was amazing as a whole and is actually was made me a fan of silent hill, and I was a dumb kid who wanted to flex the first legendary skin. She was my first P69 (for a good reason) I was going for p100 but then my current main got announced
Lara Croft, I grew up on the survivor trilogy and am a huge fan of the series as a whole, she’s hot, she’s a badass all without being gooner bait cough cough sable. Shes got voice lines and a really good adaptation design wise and voice lines (I’m still iffy on the voice choice but it could’ve been worse like the poor walking dead fans). She was my first p100 and am currently grinding up Kwon to be my second p100, he’s the first male survivor I really gel with and he’s menu Music is great (lobby music selector when bhvr??). I generally don’t like male survivors because they’re big and I don’t like their running animations as much as the female skeleton survivors.
im also really looking forward to aurora (the old lady survivor), from the grimoire, I also think her design is killer and gives me Ana from OW vibes
I main Vee! The Sinister Grace chapter is/was my favorite addition to the game since the Unknown, with the visuals, sound design, folklore elements, etc. being well above and beyond most recent chapters (in my humble opinion).
Despite having more than a few characters that I’ve “mained” since joining the game in early 2020, Vee is the only one I actually have a consistent desire to prestige. It feels a little bad to say that, considering how many really interesting characters have been introduced since I started playing, but it is what it is I guess? In my personal experience, I don’t really seem to choose a main so much as my main chooses me, and Vee is the first character whose design/personality/lore grabbed me to that extent.
Her design/fashion is really fun, with plenty of customization options. Her backstory is interesting, and ties her to the chapter’s Killer in a satisfying way. I also really like how much personality the animators/VA were able to put into her animations and voice lines!
I play default Dwight because its funny
I’m a killer main but my surv main is Vittorio. I love the medieval time period, and even tho his base outfit isn’t time accurate, he does have some nice medieval/renaissance themed outfits.
I'm still undecided who is my true main on survivor. I've probably played Renato the longest. For the last while I've been bouncing around a bunch of different ones. Will probably go back to the Lyra sibling.