Should there be a way for killers to know which hex is which hex?
I know I have been posting a lot in the past few days, I am simply just gathering information about my personal thoughts and how the members of this community react to them. The post itself is fairly explanatory in nature - but to elaborate - suppose a killer is running 2, or 3 hex perks and survivors are doing their absolute best to cleanse said totems. Should the killer know which perk is associated w/ each hex on the map- so they can prioritize which 1 to protect?
IE a killer obviously would not want to protect haunted grounds but they may want to protext ruin or crowd control.
Comments
Personally- I do believe that they should be able to tell which is which b/c if a killer knows 2 totems are actively being cleansed and has to choose which to defend, they should NOT simply have to hope that their preffered hex is the one they are/are not defending to protect the other hex. OFC this is situational
No. As a killer main, I say no, anyway.
The game isn't long enough to justify inserting data flag code on this, and frankly speaking hex's are largely worthless in their current iteration. The only exception being, of course, abusing them in a full hex build which does make them tenable but only in a border-line unhealthy way.
I'd rather see a total rework of the hex system, from spawn locations to hex strength, etc. I think being able to see which hex is which would be an unnecessary band-aid on a tumor. Would it be nice? Certainly. 'Should' it be the case? Meh, hardly worth thinking about.
you are right in your assertion about the issue w/ hex totems in general, survivors can literally spawn on them and cleanse them within 10 secs of game starting - before you even have a chance to get to the totem. Most hexes are also useless yes, Hexes should take a MINIMUM of 70 secs to cleanse b/c of the amount of value they bring whilst being vulnerable.
Personally neutral. It wouldn't really add much but it doesn't really hurt either. If both are being cleansed anyway your going to loose them both regardless since both totems were seen and 9/10 if it glows it goes. You'd delay it but then stuck with the choice of guards the totem or get to killing.
Btw the community will react varied according to the whims of bacon. Yes this statement makes as much sense as how some people react here
Mmm bacon
ive been enjoying the flurry of posts honestly
As a killer main, this is the most killer sided take I've ever heard.
You want survivors do have to do what is nearly an entire generator worth of time that can be interrupted repeatedly granting them literally zero value whatsoever. Just because a perk is strong..? It should be high risk high reward, not zero risk high reward imo MAX time hexes should take is 30 maybe 40 seconds.