Letting all Survivors escape

Hi, I'm new and I've been playing mostly Killer but also as Survivor, so I know that most Killers won't let any Survivor escape (and they don't have to, I know) which can be a bit stressful for SoloQ/new players. That's why I usually let all Survivors escape after I hook them all twice and give them some final chase. But I have two questions:
- Does doing this affects my MMR so it keeps me being matched with 'bad' players?
- How do Survivors feel about these matches? Do they find them annoying/tiring or do they appreciate the gesture?

Comments

  • Welcome to the forums and the game in general.

    First answer yes, it will tank your mmr and keep it low because the game will think you're losing constantly as I'm pretty sure mmr is based off of kills.

    Second answer, it depends on the individual player. Some want to play the game as intended and don't like farming or being deliberately released and really hate wasting time finishing a bunch of gens on a game they should've lost. Some others appreciate a killer being friendly and releasing them. I'd say as a rule most players tend to appreciate a friendly killer.

    Personally I have a similar approach, though I'll usually kill at least 2 players in the match and tend to let 1 or 2 go. But it is nice to see someone trying to actively make the gsme more pleasant for other players ๐Ÿ˜Š it's a rare thing.

    My advice would be if you have a player who keeps pointing at hook or obviously doesn't want to be there then just slap them on hook so they can go next.

  • Does doing this affects my MMR so it keeps me being matched with 'bad' players?

    Yes. MMR takes into account Kills and Escapes and calculates it as 4 1v1s. So for every Survivor escaping, you will lose MMR. If you let all Survivors go all the time, you will overall lose MMR and go against players with low MMR as well.

    How do Survivors feel about these matches? Do they find them annoying/tiring or do they appreciate the gesture?

    Can be completely different depending on how you do it and how the other side sees it. E.g. if you play the game normally, but dont hook people a third time, I dont think many players will have an issue with it. But if you only run around and dont really engage with the Survivors, this is not well received. I dont think that many people care if they escape or die as long as there was an actual game before that. Just farming can be seen as boring, but if you play normally and just 2-hook everyone, it should be fine.

    Overall I think that most Survivors will be fine with it, because currently Survivor Queues are instant and therefore they dont waste too much time in the queue to be upset about a game where the Killer is not completely serious.

  • Not only will it keep your MMR low, it will raise their's and push them out of their league too fast. Obviously it happening here and there isn't so bad, and MMR gains are based on your opponents MMR as well, so you likely aren't boosting them much, but it's a thing to keep in mind.

    As for the second part, it depends. But it's not as though they can't offer themselves up to die if they feel so inclined. Can't say I see much of that. Personally I love a friendly killer when I play survivor but my matches are pretty sweaty on both sides, so any friendly interaction is a nice break, rare as they are.

  • @Blumenier said:

    Hi, I'm new and I've been playing mostly Killer but also as Survivor, so I know that most Killers won't let any Survivor escape (and they don't have to, I know) which can be a bit stressful for SoloQ/new players. That's why I usually let all Survivors escape after I hook them all twice and give them some final chase. But I have two questions:
    - Does doing this affects my MMR so it keeps me being matched with 'bad' players?
    - How do Survivors feel about these matches? Do they find them annoying/tiring or do they appreciate the gesture?

    Just play how ya wanna play dude!

  • I do this on occasion if the survs are being particularly cute or in good sportsmanship. That being said, I do try to limit it hard for a few reasons. You listed one.

    - It will destroy your MMR. MMR is hardly functional and can be ignored most the time, but it will push your MMR down.
    - Most survivors are happy about it! I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 19/20 matches.
    - The survs who aren't happy about it, are very, very, very unhappy about it and treat the act as one of disrespect. Kind of a 'You let me go because you decided you could destroy me' deal. Ignore these guys, nothing would make them happy.

    Ultimately do what makes the game enjoyable for you, and prioritize what makes you feel happy with the time you spent. MMR and mouthy folk aside, it's just a game. ๐Ÿ˜