Wesker’s Mechanical State Post-9.5.0: Overview of Power Bugs & BetaHub Reports

Hi everyone,

First off, I want to say thank you to the development team for your continuous work and for pushing out the fixes for Wesker.

However, it’s been quite some time since the major Wesker changes in Patch 9.5.0. While it is great to see some of the massive issues addressed, a significant portion of his mechanical toolkit remains heavily bugged or clunky.
Wesker Community would greatly appreciate an official update or an estimated timeline on when these core issues might be fully resolved.

Below is a compiled list of critical mechanical bugs currently tracked and their BetaHub version. Some of these have been under investigation for over two months now.

1. Dash Direction Delay (Community knows it as "Urosnap" Bug)

  • Description: Wesker's power dash direction is delayed by 1 frame compared to where the camera is looking. Even if we qucikly turn and use our power and our camera will register it by capping max turn rate speed, our acutal dash path will be determined by a previous frame which is highely problematic.
  • BetaHub Link: https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/2321
  • Reported: April 1, 2026 | Status: Open

2. Key Input Priority Removal (Sidestep) -
PARTIALY FIXED IN 10.0.0 PTB PATCH - NOT WORKING AT ALL AS OF 10.0.1

image.png
  • Description: The fix mentioned in the 10.0.0 PTB patch notes was unfortunately only partial. Sidestepping now works when executing two dashes while buffering(doing one right after another), but it is completely missing when executing dashes separately or when rebounding and sending the dash instantly after.
    It should be triggered on each wesker dash on it's own.
  • BetaHub Link: https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/1870
  • Reported: March 17, 2026 | Status: Fix Incoming (Partial fixes made)

3. Inability to use Power After Facing Walls

  • Description: Wesker is completely unable to use his power for a brief moment(aprox of 4 frames) after facing a wall or ledge, even if you turn completely away into an open path.
  • BetaHub Link: https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/1671
  • Reported: March 1, 2026 | Status: Under Investigation (For over 2 months)

4. Loss of Camera Mobility Between Consecutive Dashes (Flicking Issue) - FIXED IN 10.0.1

image.png image.png
  • Description: This issue was supposedly addressed in the live 10.0.0 live patch, but the fixes either did not make it to the live build or changed nothing regarding that issue sadly. Camera movement remains locked between chained bounds and "reseting hand" animation has not been adjusted neither.
  • BetaHub Link: https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/3258
  • Reported: May 7, 2026 | Status: Fix Incoming (Ineffective on Live)

5. Bound Stopping on Minor Obstacles

  • Description: Wesker's power path feels entirely flattened. He frequently comes to a full stop on tiny curbs, ground pixels, or slight upward slopes, treating them as solid walls. The vertical threshold for power stop is way to small as even road curbs on Springwood can stop you.
  • BetaHub Link: https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/3235
  • Reported: May 6, 2026 | Status: Under Investigation (For 2 months)

6. Grabbing Mechanism Malfunction When Off-Center

  • Description: The grab hitbox feels completely disconnected from Wesker's physical 3D model. If a survivor is slightly off-center or on your flank, you will either slide right off them or get completely bodyblocked and stopped by a survivor hitbox without grabing them with power.
  • BetaHub Link: https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/3289
  • Reported: May 7, 2026 | Status: Under Investigation

7. Power Path Instantly Stops on Elevation

  • Description: Attempting to dash near any sudden changes in height (like hills or even some stairs) or elevation instantly interrupts the power and forces a clunky stop. When dashing of hills you should be able to gradualy glide down like all other movement killers can do be it blight, kaneki, billy, dracula's wolf, demogorgon and so on.
  • BetaHub Link: https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/3864
  • Reported: May 29, 2026 | Status: Under Investigation (last status update - 21 days ago)

8. Loss of Physical Momentum Carryover (Micro-Curve)

  • Description: Wesker completely loses the ability to bleed his previous momentum before the dash into the first 2–4 frames of his dash. Instead of a natural micro-curve when moving, using first dash or any other source of movement blending into the start of his second or first dash, he instantly snaps forward, making the movement feel incredibly stiff.
  • BetaHub Link: https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/3940
  • Reported: June 1, 2026 | Status: Open

While some of these mechanical bugs are more disruptive than others, they all severely impact Wesker's fluid gameplay loop on a higher dimension. We really appreciate the hard work you guys put into maintaining the game, and it would mean a lot to the Wesker community to hear back from the team regarding these remaining issues.
If there is any direct way to help in resolving said issues I could gladly help in the process.

Thanks for your time and everything you do!

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • As of the patch 10.0.1 the issue number 3 has been resolved but in process issue number 2 is back to being completely gone, not even partially fixed

  • Hi @Mandy and sorry for a direct ping, but I'd like to make sure that this post doesn't go unnoticed as it is a big deal for Mastermind's community.

  • I recently started playing Wesker, and soon I realized that Wesker before the refactor was SWIFT though bugged. After the refactor for him I think Wesker's gameplay experience is not satisfactory enough. Also the 9.5.0 patch which removed Wesker's ability to fly over hills is devastating. I'll talk about that later.

    During my plays, I've experienced 1) Dash Direction Delay (Urosnap) 3) Inability to use Power After Facing Walls 5) Bound Stopping on Minor Obstacles 6) Grabbing Mechanism Malfunction When Off-Center 7) Power Path Instantly Stops on Elevation and 8) Loss of Physical Momentum Carryover (Micro-Curve).

    I'm a new Wesker player, and I haven't obtained skills like insta-flick or bluetooth hug tech. But that doesn't mean I will not learn these techs. I know that 1) Dash Direction Delay (Urosnap) ruined insta-flick accuracy and 2) Key Input Priority Removal (Sidestep) is crucial for bluetooth hugs.

    My concerns:

    1. Fix these bugs ASAP. I don't want to kick the boring generators or change to super-powerful killers for victory. The Mastermind's appearance, music, voice, sound effects and actions appeal to me very much. Wesker's swift elegance is what makes him so charming, not some brutal power that down survivors more quickly than ever.
    2. As for 7) Power Path Instantly Stops on Elevation. This is specifically added to completely stop Wesker's movements in order to prevent his flying from hills, according to the patch 9.5.0. However, I'm strongly opposed to this change, because: - This brings countless unexpected changes to his normal gameplay behaviour, including the elimination of the "slide into normal walk" after the first dash ends. This makes Wesker clunky. - Sky Wesker is at most times a useless tech which brings disadvantage. It's just cooool. Why take the fun out of him? Please add the feature back.
    3. Wesker's damage box is now too small to hit survivors vaulting a pallet. He now bounces off devastatingly. Wesker should do damage to whoever is vaulting. This is exactly what Virulent Bound should do!
    4. Also, experienced survivors now learn to lock their models still (rather than pushed away) when Wesker is vaulting towards them. This can be done easily by spraying or healing themselves. Then they can vault back during Wesker's recovery, at NO COST with NO threat. If Wesker's special-vault gets countered this easily, then what is it designed for? Just to play some you-vault-I-vault little game?

    Wesker is a killer with 4 years of fun. He cannot stand among the most powerful killers from long ago. I don't expect him to be that powerful as Blight or Nurse; But I expect him to bring me fun. I hope that DBD's developer team could notice our needs and bring the Mastermind that we all love back. 😭I'm happy to see some of Wesker's bugs get fixed. Rebound now works just as expected, sometimes producing very good movements. I will keep posting bugs on Betahub too. Thank you all for attention.

  • let's see what we can get on the bugfix patch in 2 days

  • well, maybe this time

  • Somehow they ######### up a perfectly fine killer. No one understands behaviour.

  • Some time passed, myabe the upcoming big patch or ptb if there will be any will bring any fixes.

  • patch 10.0.3 live brought no changes to the gameplay affecting bugs of wesker, all of the mentioned above are still in the game.

  • When they nerfed Wesker a little while back it literally killed him as a killer. Sure the bugs are probably an issue but the nerfs really killed that dude, I noticed it while I was playing him, on top of the announced nerfs I'm almost certainly positive they shadow nerfed him because I wasn't able to keep up with survivors the way I use to. Welcome to 'balanced' DBD, just got emailed Jason got nerfed big surprise.

  • @DemonicDemons but the thing is it wasn't a nerf, they just refactored his power, and this led to eruption of so many bugs it affects his whole gameplay and viability. This all is but a mistake

  • If there won't be patch today, maybe on the upcoming ptb wesker will get some required attention

  • adding this 9th bug to the list https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/5937

  • Supporting this diagnosis. P66 Mastermind here these aren't edge cases, they happen constantly under standard conditions. Honestly gets super frustrating playing Wesker when this stuff keeps happening.

  • @Zyrav_ said:

    let's see what we can get on the bugfix patch in 2 days

    As a houndmaster main that truly knows the meaning of frustration when it comes to a bugged character you love..I get it..I hope yall get the attention you need as well <3