Adding smaller survivors or kid survivors

Im sure it’s been brought up but I figured since the game is getting reworked anyway I’d suggest it. I wanted to suggest adding kid survivors (obviously different shows and series can be brought in) or even making the games current survivors smaller like half the size of what they are. And instead of jumping over pallets they can roll/slide or crawl under pallets (obviously depending on perks fast/slow vault. I would also like to suggest instead of fixing gens internally they could repair the gens appearance like replacing or fixing parts on the gen’s instead of wires or internal work. I feel with smaller survivors being added with the new game rework would make it fun and challenging for both sides to have actually have to hide and seek making it more challenging. You could even add something like a dog door or just an opening so they don’t have to jump through windows which could be added under windows placement on current maps. I know this is also a long shot but another game mode could be added where instead of gen’s being fixed or replaced SURVIVORS BIG OR SMALLS HAVE TO GATHER SPECIFIC PARTS OR PIECES TO BANISH/SEAL/TRAP KILLERS. I feel this game mode would be a nice change of pace and a different feel for the games rework that’s coming. I think the game would be a breath of fresh air and able to add different perks for smaller survivors.

Comments

  • They are never going to add underage person in the game for legal reasons. They might add shorter person but currently they seem to stick with only the two sizes they have for female and male survivor.

  • my thought process is even if kids can’t be added Shorter variants of current survivors would work as well

  • I know the kids aren't happening as thats why carl wasnt added from walking dead.

    As for the size, too many players will choose the smaller hitbox as meta for avoiding projectiles / being harder to m1 as the killer will have to look slightly down in order to aim at them. It would end up being the first "pay to win" survivor. Could be a cool idea for example bringing a dwarf or halfling for the dungeons n dragons license etc, but again its too much of a competitive advantage much like chucky being rather difficult to loop for some just because of his size.

    They also seem so strict on their sizes that they still will not fix Robin and Dustin's reversed heights ingame despite feedback.

  • Something is weird about this post and I can't place my finger on it..

  • the youngest already are 17 maybe 16 (even though lore states they are 18/adults we know Dustin, Eleven, Laurie, Quentin are under, right?) - and imo that is really young enough already for this context.


    But smaller survivors or at least different heights in between instead of just the two fixed ones would be cool just for diversity, with Aestri and (only lobby) Dustin and Robin we have already seen was possible in the current engine - hopefully the Game Foundatiom rework will allow more actual diversity.


    @ShanoaLegendaryPlz said:

    I know the kids aren't happening as thats why carl wasnt added from walking dead.

    As for the size, too many players will choose the smaller hitbox as meta for avoiding projectiles / being harder to m1 as the killer will have to look slightly down in order to aim at them. It would end up being the first "pay to win" survivor. Could be a cool idea for example bringing a dwarf or halfling for the dungeons n dragons license etc, but again its too much of a competitive advantage much like chucky being rather difficult to loop for some just because of his size.

    They also seem so strict on their sizes that they still will not fix Robin and Dustin's reversed heights ingame despite feedback.

    they could still add adult Carl and make him lore wise based off the comic while still using the actors license. Could lead to some very interesting Lobby voice Lines with Rick

  • I think it would be fun and love the idea, I worry about balance tho.

    even if hitboxes are the same, visually their would be things you could be hidden behind that a average height would not be able to hide behind without crouching.