Please buff bots
I am currently, as of this moment, watching a bot sit crouched in a corner of a map after it paced up and down the edge wall.
Literally facing the wall and there's no way this hasn't been discovered before in play testing. The bot has no terror radius and the killer is chasing another survivor elsewhere.
Comments
the downfall of the bots is crazy. when they first came out, it was pretty much downright impossible to down a bot since they had (and still have) perma wall hacks on the killer but they were also very good at looping. nowadays, you’ll have the bots randomly start walking and crouching while they’re actively being chased. or the most annoying part about them, is how they’re scared to death from the killer’s terror radius. too many times have i’ve been on hook, my teammate is being chased, the other one is on a gen, and the bot won’t even come in for the unhook because the terror radius is a little close to my hook.
they seriously need to do another look at the bot’s gameplay and try to make them play like an actual human. their whole purpose is to help alleviate the downside of your teammate rage quitting or having seriously bad connection issues but as it stands currently, i’d rather just bring back the old dc system and just go to a 3v1 to get the match over faster since the bots are worse than having a teammate be killed.
The current bots just exist to make a loss last longer
I feel like the problem is that Bots are designed to play selfishly for no reason. Bots play far too safe and will leave immediately when the gates are opened instead of trying to help the team at all. I think Bots should be designed to be selfless macro-playing machines (always going for rescues and heals, repairing gens when possible, REALISTICALLY looking for totems, helping the team in Endgame before leaving, etc.) and then to compensate, they could perform mediocre if not poorly in chase. I don't think people would mind their Bot teammate dying quickly in chases as much if they actually contributed significantly to the match otherwise.
I had a bot today that played like a comp player.
On crows it looped around safe loops continuously. No amount of mind games worked as usual and it ran from loop and safe pallet to loop and safe pallet unti it got hatch.
I''ve never struggled to down a bot as much as that one today.
It was the exact opposite of the normal easy kill.
So be careful what you wish for.
I'm like 90% sure bots are currently bugged as I will see them fast vault into the locker whilst in LoS of the killer no matter the situation.
I am so glad I don't get Bots like this. Mine actually work. lol
The bots can't be too good. It'd be too punishing to the role they focus the most on while also making DCs not feel so bizarrely punishing. Still wondering what the story is with Killer bots in custom games.
I notice some bots are good, meanwhile some seem be a lil special.
Like ive seen a bot be able to hold out in chase, on the other hand sometimes the bot will get hit, waste all of the haste from hit just to go straight down.
Genuinely wonder if its based on hidden metric or something.
I've noticed bots are better against certain killers, could just be my experience tho.