The Hag - Balance Changes
It's no secret that Hag feels like she's been left behind. Each year and every new update, it feels like she's been slipping and falling behind. To be blunt, Hag just feel like she no longer fits current DbD…
Therefore, I would like to suggest these balance changes to help her feel relevant again:
Basekit Change:
- Triggered traps give Hag a 50% increased lunge attack after her teleport.
- Reason: Hag's counterplay should be wiping her traps, not harassing them! Survivors can harass Hag's traps too freely without any consequences; this seeks to change that issue.
- Triggered Teleports hinder survivors by 5% for 10 seconds.
- Reason: Again, this is to discourage survivors from intentionally harassing Hag's traps and gives her a chance to catch up to survivors.
Add-on Change:
- Trap Trigger Range [New]: Increase lunge by 10%, 20%, 30%
- Disfigured Ear [New]: Gain undetectable for 20 seconds when a trap is triggered
- Grandma's Heart [New]: Increase hinder effect by 5 seconds.
- Mint Rag [Change]: Hag can still teleport map-wide but cannot choose where to teleport [very rare]
- Rusty Shackles [Change]: Very rare to Iridescent add-on.
I would also like to point out that I am strongly against changing Hag's movement speed to 4.4- 4.6, which a lot of other Hag mains suggest. I agree with bhvr that making her 4.6 may discourage using her trap ability, especially for newer players.
Thanks
Comments
I've decided to pick up Hag as of late and only think she needs increased setting speed and increased range add-ons basekit. I personally don't think you need hindered along with lunge range seems a little excessive but that's just me. Honestly hag just needs an entire add-on pass aside from most of her iridescents/purples.
Agreed.
Do you experience your traps being harassed much? If so, how do you deal with survivors who aggressively harass Hag's traps? For me, some matches feel like such an uphill battle, especially if you have no time to set up your web.
Do you have any suggestions for add-ons?
I would love to hear your thoughts!
The build is weird but I promise it makes sense I run Monitor & Abuse (Doctor) Pain Resonance (Artist) Hex: Plaything/ Hex Fortunes Fool (Universal) and lastly Turn Back The Clock (First) if you cannot pay money for The First I would recommend Deadlock/No Holds Barred or Sloppy Butcher Add-ons are increased range and setting speed or rusty shackles + aura when triggered trap
Onto small explanation for the build Monitor is to make it harder for survivors to find me and where I've set up along with making it harder to pre run | Pain Resonance and Turn Back The Clock are just basic slowdown that work well with hag because you do not need to waste time kicking gens | Hex: Plaything/Fortunes Fool is weirdly powerful on hag as she can snowball surprisingly well. Along with the fact that its hard for survivors to look for you and traps. Also whenever you teleport they will not hear a terror radius if you use the add on rusty shackles
The reason why I do not use corrupt intervention is because I don't want people going into my web before its setup
So at the start of the match no matter where you are just instantly set a trap within 5 feet of where you're standing as that is essentially a free trap since survivors don't do anything for the first 5 seconds. Next identify a 4 gen NEAR YOU not on the other side of the map where the survivors are. Then when you have the gens trapped put a couple traps on pre run spots such as at the side of the dead dawg saloon main building where survivors 9/10 times run through it. Periodically reset your traps and keep track of where each survivor moves the most and place traps in the most common area.
If you are getting your traps harassed you can just not instantly swing in order to still gain the hit. Then reset the trap once they're injured. If you have plaything and a little bit of time you can set the trap inside a building and hide behind a corner wait for the survivor that's been harassing you it works more than you think.
I'll post a mini hag guide because a ton of people thinks she needs buffs while yes she needs some stuff basekit she doesn't need to be buffed a ton ill @ you whenever its posted