How do yall handle T-bagging survivors
The post is rather simple, but to elaborate - I am not talking specifically about T-bagging at the exit gate(s), I am referring to when say you get pallet stunned and the survivor sits there, T-bags a few times and the pops sprint burst and runs off; or say when you run into the occasional bully squad that all runs head ons+ flashlights (leaving you in a very extended stun/blinded when you are unfortunate enough to run into them at lockers). There are other scenarios ofc which ppl can mention about getting t-bagged, but these are just generalist examples that I am sure many ppl run into.
On a 2nd note- should there be game mechanics that punish survivors (or killers) that do clearly perform toxic moves? Say if a survivor "fast crouches" (IE crouching quickly in fast succesion gives said survivor exhaustion or hinderance that grows stronger the longer they "fast crouch")? Thats just an example off the top of my head- not saying it is either a good or bad idea- just a thought, ofc this could be made into a perk potentially
Comments
never go to the exit gates, hop on your phone and let them look like idiots tbagging to the air to a killer who will never show up to be taunted.
it brings me as much satisfaction as winning the game tbh knowing they are just sitting there waiting for me to show up
tbagging doesnt need to be penalized as there is no benefit to the survivors whatsoever and is either neutral to the games progression or can hurt the cx as if they are tbagging, they arent making distance.
I don't go to exit gate when I know that only way to get any survivor would be them playing really stupid. I only do it with killers that can make them pay of staying like Deathslinger, Twins etc.
I usually just go break the pallets and breakable walls left or farm points with my power on the otherside of the map while they waste their time standing there. Usually they get bored and leave if they don't they wasted more their time than mine as I was at least farming.
Move on to the next chase?
Being taunted like that shouldn't have any effects on people who know how to control their emotions, even modestly. They're looking for a reaction out of you. You are the only one responsible for whether or not you give it to them.
There's also so much counterplay to Head On and being blinded that they can basically only do it once before you know that these friends who are most likely just messing around together will be trying to set up plays like that.
People only assigned "toxicity" to these actions because there are so few ways to meaningfully communicate. People are able to protect their ego better the more they vilify their opponent(s). The only times these activities should be regulated are when they have an impact on the function of the actual product. For example, I give zero craps about someone spamming flashlight clicking, but when people found out that you could use a macro to click flashlights so rapidly that they make a horrid noise or even lag/crash servers (iirc), I fully supported BHVR putting a cooldown on how fast they could be turned on and off.
If somebody tbags in chase 8/10 times someone about to finish a gen