Are survivors supposed to spawn together?

I remember a while ago a patch that included a change to spawns so that survivors are supposed to spawn together unless a separation offering is used. I often run Lethal Pursuer and in about half of my matches, one or more survivors spawn separately from the rest without any offerings used. Can a community manager or dev confirm if this is intended? Thanks!

Comments

  • Probs bugged.

    Sometimes the killer will spawn on top of the survivors as well.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    I remember a while ago a patch that included a change to spawns so that survivors are supposed to spawn together unless a separation offering is used. I often run Lethal Pursuer and in about half of my matches, one or more survivors spawn separately from the rest without any offerings used. Can a community manager or dev confirm if this is intended? Thanks!

    Yes, and it has been broken for like 8 months, and i had a thread on it with one of the devs that just decided to stop responding, and it has been reported multiple times and nothing is being done. Hell even Scott Jund made a video on it.

  • I actually prefer this spawn logic. like why would i want survivor to all split up on different gens? I just dont get this mindset.

  • @ChucksterMainin said:

    I actually prefer this spawn logic. like why would i want survivor to all split up on different gens? I just dont get this mindset.

    They're saying that the spawn logic isn't working as intended and survivors are spawning separately.

  • @ChucksterMainin said:

    I actually prefer this spawn logic. like why would i want survivor to all split up on different gens? I just dont get this mindset.

    I agree - that’s why I’m asking this question :)

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/467944/are-survivors-supposed-to-spawn-together

    Yes, and it has been broken for like 8 months, and i had a thread on it with one of the devs that just decided to stop responding, and it has been reported multiple times and nothing is being done. Hell even Scott Jund made a video on it.

    It would be nice if the someone from BHVR could at least 1) acknowledge that it’s broken, and 2) explain why they can’t/wont fix it. It’s frustrating that it’s broken because I’ve seen survivors spawn separately on different gens and it makes a huge difference in the outcome of the match.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    Probs bugged.

    Sometimes the killer will spawn on top of the survivors as well.

    I’ve seen that happen as well, but it’s extremely rare in my experience.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/467944/are-survivors-supposed-to-spawn-together

    Yes, and it has been broken for like 8 months, and i had a thread on it with one of the devs that just decided to stop responding, and it has been reported multiple times and nothing is being done. Hell even Scott Jund made a video on it.

    I think its broken since they put it in live (that al survivors spawn togeather and killer or survvior cant spawn in the middle of the map only on the endge away from each other), even when it worked it had some anomalies where you would spawn like alone as survvior or as duos or as killer in the middle of the map (only offerings could change that butt these things happened even without them).

    I would say I dont remember time this actualy working as it should to me its always been buged like I dont remember consistently having killer in one corner and all 4 survviors on the other corner and for offerings no one uses them (the ones that change how survviors spawn) because they dont even have too.

  • oh my condolences idk it was bugged this way. i though it normal spawn logic because i remember a bunch of killers complaining about survivor spawning together and the Devs changed to survivors spawning separate.

    Most of my games i always see 2-3 survivors spawning together so i was confused.

  • @ChucksterMainin said:

    oh my condolences idk it was bugged this way. i though it normal spawn logic because i remember a bunch of killers complaining about survivor spawning together and the Devs changed to survivors spawning separate.

    Most of my games i always see 2-3 survivors spawning together so i was confused.

    Its the opposite, killers want survivors to spawn together.

  • I think the Shroud of Separation is also bugged. I rarely use it, but tried it recently in a game I really wanted to win for a pip up, and we all spawned together anyway.

  • So looking back at the patch notes:

    • Survivors now spawn within 12m of each other by default, when possible.
    • Survivors now spawn on the same floor as each other by default, when possible.

    That 'when possible' was never really clarified and is doing a lot of work. Why wouldn't it be possible? But there must be something in the spawn logic that necessitates survivors sometimes getting booted away from each other.

  • I don't typically run Lethal Pursuer but survivors are usually where they theoretically should be when I run over to them as killer. When I play survivor I'm usually at least in close visual range of other survivors on spawn in, if not directly grouped up. Occasionally one will be somewhere else and even more rarely we don't seem grouped up at all. From my experience it seems like most of the time it's working as intended.

  • Yes survivors are meant to spawn together or at least two groups of two quite decently close. Still there is issue with it and sometimes it does not clearly work and same with using offerings that should effect it also not working time to time.

  • @Zakon05 said:

    I think the Shroud of Separation is also bugged. I rarely use it, but tried it recently in a game I really wanted to win for a pip up, and we all spawned together anyway.

    that offering is bugged since they released the new spawn logic no joke

  • @Wezqu said:

    Yes survivors are meant to spawn together or at least two groups of two quite decently close. Still there is issue with it and sometimes it does not clearly work and same with using offerings that should effect it also not working time to time.

    Sometimes theres issue with it looks more like 50% of times theres issue with it same with killer spawning in the centre of the map which shouldnt happen too like survivors not spawning togheather.

    Thats big inconsistence but nothing surprising here in DBD.

  • @Wezqu said:

    Yes survivors are meant to spawn together or at least two groups of two quite decently close. Still there is issue with it and sometimes it does not clearly work and same with using offerings that should effect it also not working time to time.

    The most frustrating thing about this is the complete silence from BHVR about it. Seems like they have taken this approach with a lot of things that are broken in the game. Just ignore it because plenty of people are playing the game anyway. Would be very nice to at least get an acknowledgment that it’s broken and if they intend to ever fix it. Some matches are extremely discouraging when you see two survivors spawn on separate gens immediately and you know you’re probably going to lose at least one of them before your first chase is even done. If you have a coordinated survivor team, those matches are almost impossible to win no matter what killer you are using.