Moaning in PTB is cringe

This is gonna annoy some people so let me clarify somethings first. I don't think all moaning in PTB is cringe. If you're playing a match and the killer or survs are being toxic and a nuisance then it's understandable. What I'm going on about is the past few matches I've had.

I've been playing Jason and I've been trying not to sweat in PTB. It's meant for fun and for testing out the killer, perks, finding any bugs, and trying to understand how the new patch is gonna feel. So, that's how I'm taking it. I've been using a build randomizer and randomizing my add-ons just to make sure I'm not playing some hyper sweaty meta build and making everybody else's time miserable in the PTB. I also have no issues with people playing super meta builds, be it on surv or killer. Play the PTB the way you want to.

What I do have an issue with is people playing hyper annoying meta builds, running flashlights, and trying to make the killers time as miserable as possible and then DCing when they suck and get outplayed and then being toxic in EGC. Why are we taking the PTB so serious people? There's no MMR or BP incentive in PTB. You get the entire game open to you. Have fun and test out stuff you haven't tried before. My last 7 matches I've played I've gone against 4 flashy, vigo's lips, hatch offering, super meta build teams and almost every game someone has DC'd because I outplayed them or they just made a mistake, or they didn't enjoy that I slapped on Lightborn. Then they rage out in the EGC like they're playing for MMR or in a tournament.

My advice to everyone partaking in the PTB. Have fun and try out different stuff. You don't need to randomize your builds like I am, but try not to take it so serious and be so sweaty. Let the whole lobby have fun and have a good time. I mean I'm not even really trying to go for kills. I'm testing the limits of Jason's spear, seeing where it can go through, trying to understand the distance and timing of his throws. Just have fun people. It seems like this is something that to many people that this game are incapable of doing unless they are making somebody else's time in life miserable. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Comments

  • Flashlights are not meta items, they're far weaker than toolboxes and medkits. They're just really… well, flashy.

    Survivors running meta is actually far more boring since it involves interacting with the killer as little as possible. Aka, sprint bursting off of generators, vigil to get more sprint bursts, pre-dropping pallets, splitting on gens and spending every moment not being chased glued to a generator.

    What it sounds like you're running into is legitimate bully squads. Bully squads are frustrating if you don't know how to deal with them, but are actually quite weak if you do, which means they are not meta.

    The PTB tends to have a lot of them since the MMR is loose and the killer is new and nobody knows how to play them yet. Meanwhile they can just DC if they get a good killer or a killer running Lightborn, since their queues will be instant since most of the people on PTB are trying to play Jason and are not playing survivor.

    Aka they are playing for fun, it's just that their idea of fun is clowning on someone worse than them.

  • honestly people running the meta should be fairly normal as people want to see how their stuff stacks ups against the new stuff.

    A ptb should be 3-4 main things: testing the new stuff, look for bugs before live, test current live stuff against new stuff to see if there were any changes or interesting interactions, and give feedback.

    If I remember correctly the For Honor community had this issue as well and I never understood it. A new character would drop in the testing grounds and anyone who didn’t play them was met with vitriol and ‘why are you playing the new character?? That’s so EXPLETIVE cringe’.

    Shouldn’t it be normal to test your main character/main build against new content that you’re eventually gonna need to learn the counterplay of?