Monthly Rewards from challenges to promote role switching?
Hi everyone, never posted here, so sorry if this has been discussed before.
I was a survivor main for almost 9 whole years until around the arrival of the Ghoul. After he came i started dabbling in killers, and when springtrap came to the game, i found my main. During this time, i realized a lot of my feelings on balancing issues were changing because I realized why killers tend to do certain things in game that are high complaints of survivor players. Tunneling and slugging being the biggest complaints and things I quickly realize were vital strategy for killer gameplay.
When I see balancing discussions, (or often times, arguments) normally the disconnect is very obviously due to one person not playing the other side. The bi annual huntress game for survivor mains, and the bi annual swf surv game a killer main plays is not enough to fully understand pain points on either side and allow the player base to feel what issues we should be advocating for to minimize clunk, annoyance etc.
I was wondering if maybe once or twice a month, a decent sum or iri shards could be offered for a quest for each side. For example, at the start of a month there is a 2,000 iri shard reward for playing killer and completing a challenge, and then at the end of the month a 2,000 iri reward for a survivor challenge. These challenges should be kind of difficult or promote maybe having to queue up for multiple matches. If we wanted to really make it so players did these and didn't just ignore the side they don't play, 50 auric cells to each of the 2 challenges.
I think some sort of incentive to play the other side that isn't 2v8 or a game mode and specifically promotes trying the role in 1v4 would HELP with the issue we see with us vs them bias in discussions. If survivors had to play killer to get a reward that helps them towards a cool cosmetic every month, we'd have more accurate opinions on the game state, especially as patches change. It does feel silly to consider opinions of people who rarely play one role as the landscape of this game changes, and some killers are buffed, or survivor perks are buffed, etc etc. I think infighting is a serious concern for the game, and promotes a lot of hostility, and at the core of that hostility is a lot of misunderstanding and lack of experience playing both sides. I think offering something like this would help players coexist better, help bhvr get better, less biased feedback, and hopefully shape the player base to be able to more accurately spot biased takes and offer insight that is helpful, respectful and encourage others to maybe explore parts of the game they don't normally.
Comments