Traps too close to 2v8 cages

20260517210519_1.jpg

I think this should not be possible. Another player was able to unhook me., but got caught in the trap as soon as my feet hit the ground.

If she had cleared the trap, I wouldn't have survived. I 1v4 you can't be as close to a hook, not remotely.

Is this intended?

Comments

  • I got few trappers who knew on rpd these spawns and put traps there, thing is its not like when hatch will spawn behind shack anc its there but not visiable so you as trapper cant put trap there. But here you can trap it and then cage later spawns there on trap, this one can be seen well but I get this no one expects I didnt too untill like the previous 2v8 I saw trapper who had few traps on places where cages spawn.

    I think it shouldnt be possible too on other hand this only works in majority on rpd where cage spawns are pretty same every game there and trapper is one of weakest killers in 2v8.

  • It does seem like an oversight but at the same time incredibly funny when the survivors get trapped and their teammate dies in front of them.

  • @Abbzy said:

    I got few trappers who knew on rpd these spawns and put traps there, thing is its not like when hatch will spawn behind shack anc its there but not visiable so you as trapper cant put trap there. But here you can trap it and then cage later spawns there on trap, this one can be seen well but I get this no one expects I didnt too untill like the previous 2v8 I saw trapper who had few traps on places where cages spawn.

    I think it shouldnt be possible too on other hand this only works in majority on rpd where cage spawns are pretty same every game there and trapper is one of weakest killers in 2v8.

    Well, Naughty Bear did put the trap down, wenn I was in the cage.

  • I just don't see an issue with this. All it takes is 3 seconds to clear the trap and uncage. You can also just manipulate cage logic to send you to a side of the map where no gens are so going there for the killers wouldn't be good (people already do this in end game to end up next to gates).

  • @Xaerdy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4079628#Comment_4079628

    Well, Naughty Bear did put the trap down, wenn I was in the cage.

    Then thats compleatly different thing that shouldnt happen, reminds me of 2016 trapper who could trap under hooks and unhooking could be done only from one direction same as uncaging now.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4079668#Comment_4079668

    Then thats compleatly different thing that shouldnt happen, reminds me of 2016 trapper who could trap under hooks and unhooking could be done only from one direction same as uncaging now.

    that sounds horrible

  • Nerf Trapper!

  • @Mr_K said:

    Nerf Trapper!

    The og dev solution for every problem mostly memorised with “nerf pig” quote.

  • What, that he can now trap caged people or the 2016 DBD thing. Well the first thing he shouldnt be able to trap near existing cages like with hooks in 1v4. And that 2016 DBD was very wild thing compare to what we have now many things were busted beyoned recognition like infinite loops that only trapper and killer created with one purpose to counter them the nurse could outplay, syranges that instantly healed two health states or bnp that instantly repeared whole gens or mories that meaned when killer downed you he could instantly kill you without needing to hook you many other things. The last fragment of these old times that is thankfully gone was mayers addon called tombstone (it got reworked with his rework) mainly the purple one which made him able to kill survivor without any hooking and even mori him after unhook ignoring the endurance from unhook protection, some complained that this was lore accurate or that it was one of few horror things left but it was just pain because even when reworked mayers is now liked by many still he is nore fair and gives you as survivor more opportunities compared to old mayers with tombstone piece which was addon almost every mayer run because he was one of worst killers.

    People wont like this especialy mayers part but for me its better to have 3 chases before you die than be gone in 1 chase because others let him power up stalk.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4079674#Comment_4079674

    The og dev solution for every problem mostly memorised with “nerf pig” quote.

    Devs watching a killer abuse a broken combo or tech

    hmmm nerf Pig and Trapper, and buff Ghoul

  • If it's a trap placed beforehand, then there is nothing that can be done, really.

    If it's after a cage is already there, it should probably be looked at.

    But at the end of the day, it's Trapper. You can disarm quickly.