Idea for legion to return to 2 vs 8

I have an idea that you can bring legion back into 2 vs 8. Why don't you guys not allow him to be paired up with the Oni? Or you can have him only hit his group of survivors not everyone. If he touches survivors that isn't apart of his group then they will be off the record for 75 seconds. Legion is not allowed to be paired with the Oni.

Comments

  • Legion is extremely un-fun in 2v8 regardless of what Killer he's paired with. With 8 survivors it's just endless non stop mending simulator.

  • @RizeKagune said:

    Legion is extremely un-fun in 2v8 regardless of what Killer he's paired with. With 8 survivors it's just endless non stop mending simulator.

    This 100%

  • No, just no!

    He was removed for a good reason.

  • Endless easy injuries and constant slowdown from mending will synergize too well with anyone.

  • @RizeKagune said:

    Legion is extremely un-fun in 2v8 regardless of what Killer he's paired with. With 8 survivors it's just endless non stop mending simulator.

    I don't even think the mending is that big of a deal. It's the fact that his main weakness is completely nullified by having a second killer.

  • Legion was able to keep the whole lobby injured while also getting final frenzy downs often he was seriously unfun to play against.

    The only way I could see him getting back in is with a total power rework or a Skull merchant treatment

  • The oni was the problem not legion. 2 vs 8 have not been the same since they took him out. I would rather have him in the game than oni. one or two cuts he's already in his power. it doesn't matter who you pair him with, he still will get his power. 2 vs 8 is dying. Chucky is not saving 2 vs 8 at all. the only killers that are in 2 vs 8 are killers that survivors can easily loop.

  • Tbh, I think BHVR made it so that solo Q Legions never got paired up with Oni anyway. I know I never got paired with him once. Legion and Oni pairings were almost always KWFs, so if anything 2V8 has a KWF problem that knocks the mode out of balance.

    But they should be added back anyway because they were never as strong as people made out and it's not a game mode anyone in their right mind takes seriously. Besides, "fun" is always subjective (personally, I'd swap out 2V8 Wesker and Spirit for Legion any day of the week).

    BHVR have completely destroyed the future potential of 2V8 by setting the precedent of removing a character from the mode like this. 2V8 is ossified and stale now.

  • @tjt85 said:

    Tbh, I think BHVR made it so that solo Q Legions never got paired up with Oni anyway. I know I never got paired with him once. Legion and Oni pairings were almost always KWFs, so if anything 2V8 has a KWF problem that knocks the mode out of balance.

    But they should be added back anyway because they were never as strong as people made out and it's not a game mode anyone in their right mind takes seriously. Besides, "fun" is always subjective (personally, I'd swap out 2V8 Wesker and Spirit for Legion any day of the week).

    BHVR have completely destroyed the future potential of 2V8 by setting the precedent of removing a character from the mode like this. 2V8 is ossified and stale now.

    I played Legion one whole time and was paired with an Oni.

  • @TTV_Jamaicanking said:

    The oni was the problem not legion. 2 vs 8 have not been the same since they took him out. I would rather have him in the game than oni. one or two cuts he's already in his power. it doesn't matter who you pair him with, he still will get his power. 2 vs 8 is dying. Chucky is not saving 2 vs 8 at all. the only killers that are in 2 vs 8 are killers that survivors can easily loop.

    Legion kinda is a problem. The Legion meta in 1v4 is just don't heal. Well, you can't do that in 2v8 because you have a second killer to compensate for Legion's struggle to down survivors. It broke 2v8s balance. Legion got his free injuries and then the second killer would go around getting easy downs. It's not just Legion and Oni that was a problem. Legion paired with basically any killer (except maybe Ghost Face) was really good.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4078910#Comment_4078910

    I played Legion one whole time and was paired with an Oni.

    We'll that's shot my conspiracy theory down.

    Still, I think Survivors are more likely to see Killers that synergise together if they're going up against a KWF. So I'd still be willing to bet that most Oni Legion pairing were KWFs. That said, I didn't actually face that many Legion Oni pairings in my Survivor games and the complaints about them started way before Oni was added anyway. Oni isn't the reason they were removed.

    It could be said that Oni is arguably still a problem for 2V8 simply because another Killer is on the map. It may be worse if he gets paired with an injury machine like Legion, Wraith or Blight, but from what I've seen, it doesn't really matter because every Killer is capable of giving him a plentiful supply of blood orbs.

    I've said before, I don't care if things in 2V8 are balanced or not (or even fun 100% of the time). Legion or no, 2V8 is a balancing disaster on both sides and I'm totally fine with that because I thought that was the whole point of it. But now that we're cherry picking who gets invited to the chaotic mess of broken mechanics that is 2V8, I don't know what the point of it is anymore.

  • @RizeKagune said:

    Legion is extremely un-fun in 2v8 regardless of what Killer he's paired with. With 8 survivors it's just endless non stop mending simulator.

    the mend was reduced in 2v8; there is no mend simulator. this is a 1v4 talking point

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4078919#Comment_4078919

    We'll that's shot my conspiracy theory down.

    Still, I think Survivors are more likely to see Killers that synergise together if they're going up against a KWF. So I'd still be willing to bet that most Oni Legion pairing were KWFs. That said, I didn't actually face that many Legion Oni pairings in my Survivor games and the complaints about them started way before Oni was added anyway. Oni isn't the reason they were removed.

    It could be said that Oni is arguably still a problem for 2V8 simply because another Killer is on the map. It may be worse if he gets paired with an injury machine like Legion, Wraith or Blight, but from what I've seen, it doesn't really matter because every Killer is capable of giving him a plentiful supply of blood orbs.

    I've said before, I don't care if things in 2V8 are balanced or not (or even fun 100% of the time). Legion or no, 2V8 is a balancing disaster on both sides and I'm totally fine with that because I thought that was the whole point of it. But now that we're cherry picking who gets invited to the chaotic mess of broken mechanics that is 2V8, I don't know what the point of it is anymore.

    I mean, I think that broken balance works when it's chaos on both sides, but if there's elements that ruin it and make it drastically more busted on one side than the other, it's not really right. I definitely don't love Oni in this mode but I think a nerf would fix him. I don't know what would fix Legion. I also think a lot of the roster aren't capable of being added without identity-ruining changes. There are killers I'd want to play in this mode—and I'd play it more if they were there—but I get that a lot of them just might not be worth the effort, especially considering that this mode doesn't bring in new players (or new money).

    I'd venture to say a massive chunk, if not most killers, are duos in 2v8. I don't personally see the point otherwise. At least half the ones I go against make it obvious by having matching names or badges. The fun is in playing a usually solo role with a friend. Otherwise, you can go be silent and do your own thing in 1v4 and not have to worry about landing a baby teammate. They certainly have to account for KWF, and for the lack of matchmaking, when they do things in this mode.

  • @TTV_Jamaicanking said:

    The oni was the problem not legion. 2 vs 8 have not been the same since they took him out. I would rather have him in the game than oni. one or two cuts he's already in his power. it doesn't matter who you pair him with, he still will get his power. 2 vs 8 is dying. Chucky is not saving 2 vs 8 at all. the only killers that are in 2 vs 8 are killers that survivors can easily loop.

    Legion was the problem 100%, as soon as you have a legion in your round every single killer that has actually any ability to down survivors becomes 200% stronger:

    A good Huntress literally just destroys the survivors.

    hillbilly doesn't really care thinking about the fact he oneshots anyways but even there it helps because he can use m1s then.

    chucky will become much much stronger because he doesn't have the cooldown between the two hits anymore which would be his biggest slowdown normally.

    Wraith actually becomes really deadly then.

    Dracula has a blast if he kills everyone oneshot.

    Deathslinger would also be much stronger because he doesn't have to reload between hits.

    Nemesis is actually an increadible mate for a legion, not really because of the downs, but because they both slowdown heavely.

    Also the obvious killers that simply eat you for breakfast then - nurse and blight. I don't even have to explain what it means for the round if they oneshot everything xD