Jason vs Darth Vader

So there's been a commotion lately about who the anniversary Killer will be Jason Voorhees or Darth Vader and the two sides have been arguing about if they will or belong in dbd

Personally I don't mind if both come to DBD what do y'all think?

Comments

  • I'm actually getting downvoted for saying Castlevania isn't a horror game when the game itself is labeled as an Adventurer/2D platformer. That's literally what it says on the digital stores lol. Like I said, it's just bias against Star Wars. I don't even like Star Wars, but if you're gonna accept Castlevania and Tomb Raider then don't try to gatekeep Star Wars. DnD is literally in this game for goodness sake.

  • @cammoking123 said:

    I mean, I don't even know why people are holding to the idea that DBD is a horror game. I feel like they've moved so far away from horror. They've already let so many non-horror franchises into DBD. Eventually people will accept Star Wars the way they accepted Castlevania and Tomb Raider. And lets not even talk about the fact that the most popular killer in the game isn't even from a horror franchise (Ghoul).

    TG is horror lmfao, what are you talking about? It's a dressed up cannibal/vampire mafia story.

  • @cammoking123 said:

    I'm actually getting downvoted for saying Castlevania isn't a horror game when the game itself is labeled as an Adventurer/2D platformer. That's literally what it says on the digital stores lol. Like I said, it's just bias against Star Wars. I don't even like Star Wars, but if you're gonna accept Castlevania and Tomb Raider then don't try to gatekeep Star Wars. DnD is literally in this game for goodness sake.

    Castlevania as a franchise is classified as gothic horror. Something not excluded from the 2D games in the series, since those are also horror theme'd.

    D&D is literally whatever people want it to be. It's a tool for storytelling, which people can use to tell any kind of story, within any genre, which includes horror.

    People are allowed to not want Star Wars in the game if they don't want it. This isn't a black and white ''If you accept one thing, you must accept everything'' kind of thing.

  • @Smoe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4078257#Comment_4078257

    Castlevania as a franchise is classified as gothic horror. Something not excluded from the 2D games in the series, since those are also horror theme'd.

    D&D is literally whatever people want it to be. It's a tool for storytelling, which people can use to tell any kind of story, within any genre, which includes horror.

    People are allowed to not want Star Wars in the game if they don't want it. This isn't a black and white ''If you accept one thing, you must accept everything'' thing.

    Staple this to the top of the thread and shut the whole thread down.

  • @Smoe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4078257#Comment_4078257

    Castlevania as a franchise is classified as gothic horror. Something not excluded from the 2D games in the series, since those are also horror theme'd.

    D&D is literally whatever people want it to be. It's a tool for storytelling, which people can use to tell any kind of story, within any genre, which includes horror.

    People are allowed to not want Star Wars in the game if they don't want it. This isn't a black and white ''If you accept one thing, you must accept everything'' thing.

    ”Gothic Horror”

    You can really tell who has played Castlevania and who is just repeating google AI. There is nothing horror about Castlevania.

  • @cammoking123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4078276#Comment_4078276

    ”Gothic Horror”

    You can really tell who has played Castlevania and who is just repeating google AI. There is nothing horror about Castlevania.

    First off, i didn't use google AI for that, i looked up different sites that talks about Castlevania.

    Secondly, anyone with eyes can tell you that the aesthetics, enemies and setting of Castlevania are all horror-focused and inspired by primarily gothic horror. Hell, the main antagonist is literally ######### Dracula of all horror characters. Plus there is such a thing as action horror.

    You are objectively wrong and it's no wonder that people are downvoting you, when you're clearly arguing in bad faith.

  • @cammoking123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4078276#Comment_4078276

    ”Gothic Horror”

    You can really tell who has played Castlevania and who is just repeating google AI. There is nothing horror about Castlevania.

    You're being belligerent and ignorant. Gothic Horror is a very real genre and has been popular for, oh yknow, 262 years since the first gothic horror novel was written. The entire concept of Count Dracula is gothic horror. Every single incarnation of the character has been some form of gothic horror.

    Please go be loud and wrong elsewhere.

  • @cammoking123 said:

    I'm actually getting downvoted for saying Castlevania isn't a horror game when the game itself is labeled as an Adventurer/2D platformer. That's literally what it says on the digital stores lol. Like I said, it's just bias against Star Wars. I don't even like Star Wars, but if you're gonna accept Castlevania and Tomb Raider then don't try to gatekeep Star Wars. DnD is literally in this game for goodness sake.

    "but if you're gonna accept Castlevania and Tomb Raider then don't try to gatekeep Star Wars. DnD is literally in this game for goodness sake"

    You just gonna straight up ignore that these aforementioned licenses caused plenty of the same debate in the community? Once the devs have made up their mind and put time and money into a release, they're not going to suddenly pull it. So "accepting" these licenses is a stretch when the community ultimately had no say. Plenty of folks felt they didn't belong, but I'll be honest and say they're all alot more horror than Star Wars.

  • Castlevania absolutely belongs in DBD. The original franchise is rooted in the gothic horror genre. I know the franchise’s iteration of Dracula is only loosely based on Bram Stoker’s gothic icon, but he’s still a version of one of horror’s most iconic and pioneering antagonists. It’s not even up for debate.

    I say this as a Star Wars nerd… Darth Vader doesn’t belong in DBD. Whilst the sci-fi genre has already appeared in DBD (Alien, Stranger Things, End Transmission, etc) they lean more into the horror aspects of the genre. Star Wars leans far more into the epic/adventure style genre. My issue with Star Wars being in the game is that I’d feel DBD crossing over into Fortnight territory.

    I know Lara Croft is more “adventure” and some people argue she doesn’t belong in the game. However, Lara Croft is the embodiment of “survivor” and an argument can be made that some of those games certainly brush shoulders with the horror genre. Lara fought demons, monsters, other-worldly beings, so her being selected by the entity isn’t exactly unrealistic in terms of her lore.

    I know DBD has become less and less horror in recent years, but I think adding completely non-horror franchises to the game would be bad.

1 2 ›