What is the pettiest reason you have for disliking a killer/survivor?
Let's all stop pretending to be objective for a moment and indulge our most biased selves. We all have stuff we just can't be convinced to like, no matter how many people disagree or how lacking the reason for disliking that stuff is.
I got thinking about this when playing against a Freddy last night. I actually like Freddy's gameplay. It's varied, counterable, telegraphed and his sleep mechanic is kind of interesting.
But I hate playing as and against him, because he shows his relative age by being an early license (and he uses the awful remake Freddy too). No voice lines bar a single laugh. No noises at all when interacting with the world. Basic animations. He just walks at you with his default terror radius/chase music with all the menace of those sliding PNG jumpscare npcs from Roblox or Gmod. He feels like a modded character. And those aesthetic reasons alone make me hate playing against him because it's like someone nonconsenually hacked my game to reskin a cooler killer into this dork in a hat. I feel like I should be able to just take a swing at him and knock him out.
On the survivor side, excluding that one Lara skin because my colorblindness makes that cosmetic 100% pay to win, it's Jake. No real reason, I just hate his wiggle noise. Yeeeeuuu. Please bro stop.
Comments
I honestly would be at peace with it if there was option to not use it. I get the devs realizing that the axe was a common suggestion and aligned well with a simple ranged playstyle much of the killer base could get behind, it's an easy way to ensure that Springtrap fits in the standard gameplay loop and let the devs focus on making his aesthetic work.
I just also wish they actually capitalized on the non axe wanting audience and threw us more of a bone than "you become 115% and can use a knife" since it's nowhere near ideal to play a killer without making use of their primary power. Fazcoin is kinda close because you can throw the axe into a corner and stealth, but once you get in chase it then immediately becomes advantageous to reclaim it at most loops.
There is a way to give everyone what they want, but the devs decided not to go that route despite getting quite close. It's frustrating.
I dislike Taurie coz she is a really poor representation of Scotland and like also isn't even voiced by a Scottish person either (Somewhere NA/Canada I cant remember), why does that matter to me? It sounds fake, not believable at all.
Also her Aesthetic is awful to me, I wish we had a cooler masculine/androgynous Aesthetic female character.
I feel like that's maybe the most petty reason to dislike a character but at the same time, I'm kind of reaching here to think of one.
Clown. I dislike everything from his visual aspects, audio (that god awful cough), and most of all… his power. The screen effects from his vials give me a headache alongside his chase music (which is just noise, essentially). I always say BHVR do a fantastic job on original chapters but I’m sorry, I personally think they dropped the ball on this one. Of all the scary iterations of a clown you could do and they chose him… it doesn’t help that most Clowns I go against (not all, before people jump on me) are really sweaty and play casual DBD like it’s comp level.
Survivor: Taurie Cain. Her character design give me the ick.
On the killer side id say Legion. Just because everything about them is just bland. Bland gameplay bland design and bland story yet BHVR loves to glace them by giving them a lot of cosmetics and merch.
On the survivor side im going to say Steve mostly because of the people playing him in combination with scene partner. Once it's funny but seeing it a lot makes me just sigh out loud.
I can’t stand Clown’s laughs and grunts, Huntress’ stun sound, every single Artist sound, every Sable and Taurie sound, and the Knight.
I don’t have sensitive hearing or misophonia, they just sound absolutely awful to me.
And I don’t like the Knight. I don’t care that if someone says that it’s a skill issue.
i want to choose my words carefully because I don't want to make it seem I'm calling her ugly but her base outfit seems to me like they couldn't make up their mind if they wanted a cultist or a sexy survivor and just went half and half.
her cult outfit should be default. I'll die on that hill. again, I'm not calling her a paper bagger I think its cool she does something different and caters to other people. rock on to everyone who likes the shaved head or the mullet. it's just the clothes.
I actually really like Taurie, but she reminds me of Skull Merchant in that I think her base outfit kind of sucks. It looks like she's wearing pajamas or a bad halloween costume instead of the uniform of an ancient and powerful cult. I 100% agree that her purple cult cosmetic should've been her default.
I don't like Twins.
Not because of the bugs. I play other bugged killers and have learned to "enjoy the suck."
Not because of the playstyle. I don't have an opinion one way or the other about slugging when playing as either killer or survivor.
No. The reason I don't like Twins is because I find Charlotte fugly as all hell and can't stand looking at her. It doesn't even matter that I do enjoy playing the killer, I just can't stand looking at her pug nose.
Ghoul for me as i dont like anime and will likely cause me to never buy him.
I dont think a monster killer that "looks anime" is scary or appealing to me.
Henry from Stranger Things manly because as a villain from the show I absolutely hate him, his backstory makes no sense timeline wise, he died in the most unserious way to the main cast, that entire final season was poop from the butt. Now paired with all that ST fans get pretentious about his name saying he's the true Vecna as if Venca isn't just Vecna. Henry is not Vecna the little kids named him that because they play DND which is where Vecna is FROM. Demogorgon gets a pass because it literally doesn't have a true name in the show apart from what the kids call him. Plus his ingame power and mechanics are so boring, why doesn't the clock deplete full when interacting with the music tapes? You might as well do a gen if you're not being chased he gets you back into the otherworld anyway if he hits any of your other teammates twice. Useless killer, stupid useless character.
Additionally, Skull merchant feels like a waste of time killer, in the sense that she is the laziest killer I've ever seen design wise. Her cadence is boring, walk is stupidly weird with how much distance she covers compared to how her steps look so she always looks like she's gliding on the floor and her mori is terrible. Doesn't help that stan twitter has people so delusional into thinking she's iconic in some way. She's a flop through and through, EVERY other female killer is leagues above being iconic compared to skull merchant.
As for survivor, Ace mains because they annoy the FAWK out of me intentionally not taking hits because they want to get a save with a flashlight and his stupid smile and those speedos and his weird build he's just so gross.
Yeaaah, the Vecna debate really brings out the D&D oldhead in me. I'm happy to see more people either into the hobby or tangentially aware, as they're a prospective shot at another member of the community; I'm not a very exclusive person. That being said, there have been people who have come into DBD via Stranger Things and have outright said the The Lich is 'fake Vecna' which is just too much. Henry is named after that guy. Like that's THE guy.
Maybe I'd tolerate it a bit more if I liked Stranger Things, but after Season 1 it just wasn't for me. The mystery was more interesting that the actual plot.
Ace is catching a lot of flak in this thread. Ace mains really out here doing their best.
Legion. Not because of their snooze of a mending simulator power. It's their lore.
Between the four of them this bunch of uppity teenagers have only killed one person. What the hell does the Entity see in them.
The lore we got should have just been the first muder they committed together. The fact that their timeline goes directly from the first kill to entering the fog just after burying the first kill makes their behaviour in the realm confusing. It's even indicated that some of those that partook in the killing felt pressured to.
If we had gotten just an extra couple of paragraphs saying there were more murders just for the fun of it, with hints that each member of legion is doing it for a slightly different reason (some feeling in too deep, others enjoying it, others trying to prove themselves) then it would have set them up for the realm 100x better. Just enough for us the picture the descent from impulse to madness.