Update for the "Audio Settings"
It's common knowledge by now that many gamers (including myself) like listening to music while playing. Even though the DBD soundtrack is fantastic, no feeling comes close to looping/anti-looping to the sound of spotify in my ears. Something that I don't like however is the absolute volume of the chase theme blasting in my ears to the point where i can't hear neither my songs or the game, which is what brings me to my #1 issue curently. Checking the settings proves unsatisfactory, since DBD only has one slider, the very broad "main volume". It is for this reason that I suggest an update of Audio Settings to include more options regarding music such as: a general volume for strictly in game noises, a "chase theme volume", maybe even a "terror radius music volume" and so on. I think this would greatly improve QoL and modernise the settings a bit. On top of that, playing against certain sound sensitive killers would be much better and offer more freedom to the player.
Comments
I think an issue with being able to turn chase music off entirely is something that you noted - if you're not turning off an entire section of the game's design - music - then you're basically throwing: suddenly now you can track Killers thru walls very easily by listening to their movements in-chase. So how do we mediate turning 'completely ignoring a core part of the gameplay design' into the meta?
I do agree that the audio settings overall could be more robust, though. Things like SFX, character voicelines, etc. would be harmless to add.
i don’t think we need settings but i do think every chase music needs to be reduced in volume. I feel like dbd is killing my ear health.
I definetly see where you're coming from and I agree, but the current state of all settings, let alone audio is straight up rudimentary. I feel like something needs to be done regardless since just as someone else said having loud music blasted in yours ears especially at a time in which you need to concentrate the most (during chase) is just poor design. Having a bigger advantage audio wise I think would benefit both sides (while certainly shifting the meta, no doubt), since whoever can master it gains a big +1 and in general games that offer more freedom tend to be more appreciated overall.