Skill based lobbies
Can you guys please just put a skill based lobby in the game. Or just add a ranked session in DBD and keep it on the game, because these lobbies that i get put in for survivor just make me not want to play the game. I've been put with people that just clearly have no idea on how to play this game when i have thousands of hours into it. Please just fix how the skill based is in this game. The P100 has nothing to do with it because most of them just play like bots anyways.
Comments
Not sure what they would have to put as reward to get people play ranked willingly. That would be such a sweat fest.
You will laugh now:
In theorie it is skillbased, at least if you difine "skillbased" as giving people a number that is supposed to show their skill-level, and put them in lobbies based on that.
That being said, it does not really care about a lot of factors that I know of:
It cares about the mmr of your opponent, it cares about the match-duration and it cares about the result, so if you escape through door (win), hatch (neutral) or die (lose). Also it does not count about your mates as survivor, but counts every survivor as another match for you as killer.
So they only need to make it actually scale with any form of skill actually.
Anyone who would want fairer games would actually play ranked atm.
Just enjoy the experience for what it is, lots of games now I've become able to loop killers for extended periods of time while my team mates literally do nothing, good practice at least, your best bet is to swf if you're looking to absolutely wash killers otherwise this is the mass majority of experiences you're going to have. I'd say 7/10 are like this for me and the other 3 are genuinely good games where my team mates are competent. I actually like this because it gives killers a mixed variety of gameplay, some good matches some bad, rather than ranked or skill based matchmaking, I've played multiple other games where sbmm is implemented and it just completely ruins the game on both sides, everything is sweaty 100% of the time.
For a while, perhaps, but optimized DBD isn't really that fun. Killer hard tunnels every game whilst 3/4 of the lobby slams midmap gens and leaves the one to die every time? It would get old very fast, I'd wager.
Even Comp Players, that seek optimization beyond all else still limit what both sides are capable of in the name of a more entertaining experience, to watch and to play.