Abandon feature for killers

As survivor i can abandon when the killer is wasting my time after all hope of escaping is gone. So why when all the survivors are standing in exit is there not a killer abandon feature? This is a clear double standard and there is viable reason that is isn't here yet.

Comments

  • @Wezqu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065818#Comment_4065818

    It would ruin most challenges where you need to escape if killer could just decide to end the match before they get out of the gate.

    which is why until killers get bots this can’t happen.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    I don't really understand this whole argument that is being had here.

    This stuff only will bother you if you let it. I started as a killer main and yeah I have my bad days where a survivor T bagging or what not. But at the end of the day it was because I, myself let their actions affect me. Guys come on, grow some thicker skin.

    Good luck trying to convince this playerbase not to be emotional about literally anything.

  • @BalanceIsNonexistent said:

    It's extraordinary to see how one sided most people's perception are. I am all for giving the abandon feature for killers. Hate me, idc.

    Killers already have abandon feature in use but I don't see why this one would needed to be added. Still I am also in that opinion that there needs to be 10 second grace period before abandon option comes available to remove the insta abandonings that happen with current system and can cause abandonings when it was yet even necessary to do so. That 10 seconds gives the time of the assess the situation and would remove the pointless abandonings that happen in the end of the match when last survivor is downed even if they are going to be moried in few seconds. That would be way better benefit for killers than this suggestion.

  • @BalanceIsNonexistent said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065890#Comment_4065890

    Killers have an abandon feature? Since when??? I never, ever, ever, ever had one before.

    There is two option for killers to abandon. No gen getting finished in 10 minutes or all survivor are bots. Those have been in the game since abandoning option was added. They just made it way too easy to for survivors to get to abandon so you see it more.

  • @Wiccamanplays said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065645#Comment_4065645

    Would you say the same thing to Survivors who abandon when they get slugged? Just don't let it affect you?

    I would actually

    See i've kinda adopted the view point of "If someone isnt enjoying a game they are free to leave" Killer or survivor.

    Don't get me wrong, slugging used to really annoy me but yeah at the end of the day I chose to let it bother me. So now I do what someone else said to me. I just get up and do something else while im slugged. I'll either open up pokemon showdown and have a quick match while either A-I get picked up or B- we all get slugged and the game ends. So yeah I choose to let it annoy me or not.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Stop talking like a main. Both sides should have a decent abandon feature to balance the game. If the idea of a killer abandon feature bothers you so much then that says a lot about whst kind of player you are in the endgame. This about dealing with bad sports

    Oh I am so sorry I thought the whole argument was for you complaining about survivors just standing in an exit gate. Okay what you're actually pushing for is more options for surrendering. TBH I do support that. I view the abandon feature as a "okay time to move on to the next match" So yeah I support killers also having another option to just move on to the next match faster to save time.

    Honestly the wait time between matches can be a drag sometimes.

  • @BalanceIsNonexistent said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065890#Comment_4065890

    Killers have an abandon feature? Since when??? I never, ever, ever, ever had one before.

    19d12e8a10919-screenshotUrl.jpg

    It pops up in my matches every time I play. You've just never noticed.

  • Well if survivors are allowed to abandon the match they should allow killer abandon the match once survivors open the exit gates

  • Gens done and gate open means kilelr should be able to abandon. You didn't read my original post did you?

  • @BalanceIsNonexistent said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065890#Comment_4065890

    Killers have an abandon feature? Since when??? I never, ever, ever, ever had one before.

    Only when all survivors are bots and no real player is in the game or shen survivors dont touch gens for 10 minutes and are hiding than killer can abandon.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065574#Comment_4065574

    It should be relatively simple. All gens done and a door opened. At that point there is no further objective for survivors. The only reason to stay is to be toxic and waste time. This is relatively simple and will save a lot of wasted time. I try to never DC but I can't tell you how many times I have switched to another game after waiting while survivors stand in exit until the very end. I don't DC but after that wait and time waste I don't feel like playing more DBD. It is a simple fix that would balance both sides who want to escape toxic behavior. It seems pretty straightforward

    This would be hard to achieve, it would only trigger if all 4 survs are standing in front of the exit line. I barely see that nowadays.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/465456/abandon-feature-for-killers

    While I do agree that killer should be able to forfeit once the exit gates are open, the conditions for a survivor to forfeit specifically require helplessness. Even when survivors are dancing their behinds on the exit line, killers can still sometimes nab kills. 'just leave' is part of DBD idiom for a reason.

    It's not a double standard.

    Just pointing this out you can abandon when your the last survivor and when hatch is still open.

    You don't have to play for hatch or the gates there is a double standard

  • @random1543 said:

    I would be fine with more killer abandon options only when they add killer bots so the match does not end

    Bot does not have to be good, it does not have to use power, it just has to stop the game from just ending abruptly.

    There is no double standard, if there was still no survivor bots survivors would also have very limit abandon options if any at all

    That's an okay deal killers would take nobody would argue with that

  • @Icaurs said:

    @Abbzy @Dionysusdog

    The abandon feature is not for survivors to stop the killer form wasting the time. It is to stop the killer from holding the game hostage. Because that's what they were doing. Just to to be toxic. And a little toxicity is normal. But not when they are dragging it out for minutes at a time.

    So why don't killers get this. THEY DID, it's called the end game collapse which I support.

    Seriously if you can't handle forcing people out the exit game you nay need to consider you can't handle online games.

    You can't even handle killers just wanting to leave you just want them to suffer

  • @PleaseRewind said:

    To the person who downvoted me. If you aren't just trolling I am genuinely interested as to why you have an issue with a bot replacing the killer. The OP and others claim they want this feature so it's not a "double standard" well to make it equal a bot should replace the killer.

    That's a fine deal now the bot can deal with the bs

  • @BongoBoys said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065633#Comment_4065633

    Just pointing this out you can abandon when your the last survivor and when hatch is still open.

    You don't have to play for hatch or the gates there is a double standard

    No there is no real double standard as only time survivor can abandon in that point is if they and all other survivors are downed, on hook, escaped or already dead. Its mostly done match at that point even with hatch being open. Only thing needed to be fixed in that one is to make the abandoning option only appear after 10 seconds has gone past from the thing making the abandoning option become available. This would remove the main annoyance of them abandoning before killer gets the mori the last that they just downed and if they don't 10 seconds later the survivor can go. Its a quality of life change that should be done as currently how it works annoys one side of the player base.

  • @Wezqu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4066042#Comment_4066042

    No there is no real double standard as only time survivor can abandon in that point is if they and all other survivors are downed, on hook, escaped or already dead. Its mostly done match at that point even with hatch being open. Only thing needed to be fixed in that one is to make the abandoning option only appear after 10 seconds has gone past from the thing making the abandoning option become available. This would remove the main annoyance of them abandoning before killer gets the mori the last that they just downed and if they don't 10 seconds later the survivor can go. Its a quality of life change that should be done as currently how it works annoys one side of the player base.

    Bruh that is a double standard you still have a chance for both hatch and gate yet you can just abandon and not put up with it.

    If that was Killer that would be the equivalent to killer being able to abandon after the last gen pops

  • @Navenallimcam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065628#Comment_4065628

    To be fair, survivors that use the 'rulebook' dont even think the killer pool can actually read. Terrible bunch of players, but these are the people dbd brings out. The entity couldnt be more pleased.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065798#Comment_4065798

    You are discrediting yourself into the ground with this sort of thing. Fine by me, of course, but whew. Pretty negative and lowball way of saying you have nothing to retort with. Or are just trying to attack a forum member. Either way, pretty scummy imo.

    🤣

  • why abandon when you can gamble and get free bp

  • I like that you corrected it to the wrong word. How does "since of Karen" make sense?

  • They could also make the timer move faster when survivors are in the gates. Like a lot faster. There's no need to waste your time or the killer's time. Just leave.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065643#Comment_4065643

    Same can be said about having abandon for mori when one side can skip these 8 seconds why other one cant skip the 6-12 second window or even little longer forcing someone from gate is dependent on more things like how many survivors are alive, perks like dead hard.

    Its just doble standart one side can skip the short end while other cant, like it or not its just fact not all killers have blood warden build in basekit like twins.

    THIS. Why can they skip my small cut scene but I can't skip the entire end game collapse where they're hiding and holding the game hostage.

  • @treetree0192 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065652#Comment_4065652

    THIS. Why can they skip my small cut scene but I can't skip the entire end game collapse where they're hiding and holding the game hostage.

    It is like they should make it so if no survivor is downed or hooked and some are in gate area the timer speeds up to force them leave.

    Many survivors just wait in gate are like lapdogs to just make killer push them off like it would mean anything else than ego boosting for them and wasting time for the killer, majority wont even let you hit them before you reach them ar gates so its just ego boosting thing at this point because only few get out when its optimal and dont do this bs holding killer hostage few tens of seconds.

    I dont expect any change from devs they kinda arent giving abandon options to killer or any global Qol change with abandon.

  • @treetree0192 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4065652#Comment_4065652

    THIS. Why can they skip my small cut scene but I can't skip the entire end game collapse where they're hiding and holding the game hostage.

    I have been advocating a 10 second timer before the abandoning option comes available when the requirements are met so it would remove this thing and also prevent situations where someone is staying downed tactically to wait for the killer to do a mistake or pick someone up so they can use a perk to get up and get the others up. I have had few matches where someone leaves as they can and then someone gets up and the match continues and in some of those its not even total loss in the end. I see it currently way too lenient how fast you can use the option.

  • @Wezqu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4073709#Comment_4073709

    I have been advocating a 10 second timer before the abandoning option comes available when the requirements are met so it would remove this thing and also prevent situations where someone is staying downed tactically to wait for the killer to do a mistake or pick someone up so they can use a perk to get up and get the others up. I have had few matches where someone leaves as they can and then someone gets up and the match continues and in some of those its not even total loss in the end. I see it currently way too lenient how fast you can use the option.

    I think past a certain point if someone wants to leave that bad they usually do just so they can requeue. What i'm talking about (having to wait, track the toxic trolls down or disconnect) usually results in added uneeded time spent (unearned and undeserved by the survivor team may I add, why is it always people who hid the entire game who are the most visible end game?) and usually makes me want to get off entirely and go play elden ring.

    Killers are playing dead by daylight at a harder difficulty and need to have the ability to give up post end game colapse. When i'm doing really good and a survivor DCs (I know I shouldnt) but a part of me feels good. If the survivors win and they see me DC that should make them feel good too, especially since they ALREADY WON.

1 2 ›