was removing the kaneki vault back intentional?

i just watched otzdarva’s stream on the PTB and he was testing to see if you can still revault the pallet after Kaneki leaps over and now it seems virtually impossible. you will take damage 100% of the time if you’re anywhere near kaneki when he’s vaulting, no matter the timing.

i thought the revault was intended for counterplay since the vault speed is way too fast for regular looping around the pallet.

can a dev/community manager please shed some light on this and confirm if it’s intended that you can’t revault or if this is a new bug in the ptb? thanks in advance!

Comments

  • @top500spiderman said:

    the automatic damage being removed is 100% right. But i dont think you can revault after a leap vault.

    you still can revault

  • So if theyve given up on trying to stop the revault why even keep the mechanic? They might as well just remove it, its useless.

  • @top500spiderman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064470#Comment_4064470

    Because the countermeasure was there to prevent the revault but it literally hits people around corners its really buggy. I doubt they didn't make tweaks to the collision after taking it away.

    Yeah it was always really buggy but they've presented this change in a way they only removed it because it was preventing revaults.

    I would hope they would make collision so revaults wouldn't work but it seems just as inconsistent as before. I was able to vault back a kaneki who tried to vault a pallet but they weren't enraged. But when i play him myself i was able to block a pallet and a window. So idk.

    Either way would be nice if BHVR could comment on this post. Maybe on the stream but this seems like a pretty niche so i doubt.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4062060#Comment_4062060

    Yea and eating a down because there's no counterplay isn't looping. It shouldn't be a guarantee again Ghoul is in severe need of nerfs. Michael's horrible rework is a great example of this.

    Yeah, I mean the revault thing was kinda hit or miss. There was skill expression to vault back over the pallet to mitigate the vault and hit that a Kaneki typically does.

    I'm gonna be honest with you, I have so many issues with the killer that I will not divulge (Kaneki hate is overstated at this point). It's just gotten to the point where I just learn how to face him specifically because I find a lot of Kaneki plays the exact same. I'm sorry, I feel like a lot of them do and I've just learned you know what, they wanna bite me, slingshot to a pallet, bodyblock - I honestly will predrop and stun them or just bodyblock them, wait for them to get out of their little animation, and stun them regardless. It's uncanny to me just how much is baked into that killer.

    This is coming from someone who loves going against Nurse, Krasue, The First, Vecna, anyone. Quite frankly, anyone and I complain about Hillbillies and Blights.

    However, as I've said in a previous comment elsewhere I at least feel satisfied when I am looping Hillbillies (I find the gameplay a bit boring, they just ride you with their chainsaw. Some Hillbilly mains shock me when they don't go for the basic M1 when you're injured and just spam the chainsaw, but it's whatever.)

    I would rather take hundreds upon hundreds of Blights, The First, Nurse, Krasue, Wesker, Michael Myers (even if survivors hate him, lol), just anything I will tolerate and be satisfied because there is give and take. Kaneki is like a mosquito to me and I see him so much in my day to day games - I would love to go against Nurse a 100 times or a Blight 100 times. I still don't know why when you're bit, you're frozen in place.

    Kaneki is just mad goofy from a technological and implementation standpoint, but I will see the Kaneki's out in the fog and I will still try to loop you regardless but lord, removing the vaulting thing? Really? Lmfao.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064489#Comment_4064489

    Yeah it was always really buggy but they've presented this change in a way they only removed it because it was preventing revaults.

    I would hope they would make collision so revaults wouldn't work but it seems just as inconsistent as before. I was able to vault back a kaneki who tried to vault a pallet but they weren't enraged. But when i play him myself i was able to block a pallet and a window. So idk.

    Either way would be nice if BHVR could comment on this post. Maybe on the stream but this seems like a pretty niche so i doubt.

    You can revault against him quite reliably from my testing, but you can't just hug the pallet, because he will usually just push you to the side and you can't vault.
    Revault is similar to before, where you need to get little distance away from pallet and then run through him when he is ending his vault animation.

    So yeah, if you do it early, or late you don't get hit by the mechanic, but you are stuck next to him and most likely injured, so it will still be down.
    It's not even close as easy as against Legion, but it's possible with correct timing, so good enough for me.

    I would say revault is easier to do now, because you need less distance from pallet, where you would just get downed before, but survivors can definetly mess it up. His vault is still very fast, so you kinda need to be prepared to do this.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064372#Comment_4064372

    I'd really like them to be consistent with all these "techs" where is the fix to shift tech at killer shack? Where is the fix to crouch tech (that was "patched" a year ago but still totally works).

    what's the shift tech

  • taking your finger off of shift while the killer has LoS on you. since the chase mechanic needs 3 things in order to activate (killer moving, survivor running, and killer looking at said survivor running), if you walk when the killer has LoS, the chase mechanic won’t start which will let you get infinite vaults since entity blocker isn’t active. and the killer won’t get bloodlust.

    in practice, it’s just as simple as walking when the killer see’s you directly and then running when they can’t see you in order to prevent the chase mechanic from activating.

  • @top500spiderman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064503#Comment_4064503

    So if theyve given up on trying to stop the revault why even keep the mechanic? They might as well just remove it, its useless.

    It's useless on pallets, if survivor knows what they are doing. You still need timing to get revault.

    Speed of his vault is same and most Kaneki players are still going to use either Bamboozle, or the addon to counter windows.
    So it's not like his vault is completely useless.

    Dissolution is also popular perk on Ghoul, which makes pallet revault impossible.

  • @MoZo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064640#Comment_4064640

    taking your finger off of shift while the killer has LoS on you. since the chase mechanic needs 3 things in order to activate (killer moving, survivor running, and killer looking at said survivor running), if you walk when the killer has LoS, the chase mechanic won’t start which will let you get infinite vaults since entity blocker isn’t active. and the killer won’t get bloodlust.

    in practice, it’s just as simple as walking when the killer see’s you directly and then running when they can’t see you in order to prevent the chase mechanic from activating.

    oh. i was wondering why people were doing that in my trickster games

  • @PetTheDoggo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064504#Comment_4064504

    It's useless on pallets, if survivor knows what they are doing. You still need timing to get revault.

    Speed of his vault is same and most Kaneki players are still going to use either Bamboozle, or the addon to counter windows.
    So it's not like his vault is completely useless.

    Dissolution is also popular perk on Ghoul, which makes pallet revault impossible.

    Nah its pretty useless iv done some testing with some buddies and like you said before its even easier to do then before and before was still pretty easy for an experienced survivor. I highly doubt behavior is done with this. Only time will tell.

  • @MoZo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064640#Comment_4064640

    taking your finger off of shift while the killer has LoS on you. since the chase mechanic needs 3 things in order to activate (killer moving, survivor running, and killer looking at said survivor running), if you walk when the killer has LoS, the chase mechanic won’t start which will let you get infinite vaults since entity blocker isn’t active. and the killer won’t get bloodlust.

    in practice, it’s just as simple as walking when the killer see’s you directly and then running when they can’t see you in order to prevent the chase mechanic from activating.

    What this person said. When done perfectly it creates a literal infinite at killer shack without a power that has a movement ability like ghoul/nurse etc.. Really good survivors know how to exploit it quite well.

  • @top500spiderman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064645#Comment_4064645

    Nah its pretty useless iv done some testing with some buddies and like you said before its even easier to do then before and before was still pretty easy for an experienced survivor. I highly doubt behavior is done with this. Only time will tell.

    How is it pretty useless when it works exactly same on windows and you can use perks to counter revault? Sounds as skill issue to me

  • @PetTheDoggo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064664#Comment_4064664

    How is it pretty useless when it works exactly same on windows and you can use perks to counter revault? Sounds as skill issue to me

    the mechanic is completely useless at pallets weather you like it or not 😂

  • @top500spiderman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064764#Comment_4064764

    the mechanic is completely useless at pallets weather you like it or not 😂

    By mechanic you mean his vault? If so, then you are simply wrong.

    It's not useless against pallets, if you use Dissolution, that's hard counter.
    His vault is definetly worse for pallets, I wouldn't say completely useless, still worth a try to see if survivor knows or not. You still need timing to do it as survivor.


    It's definetly not useless overall for Ghoul, when it works for windows with Bamboozle exactly same as before. So your comment about "They might as well just remove it" is just overreaction.

  • @PetTheDoggo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4064786#Comment_4064786

    By mechanic you mean his vault? If so, then you are simply wrong.

    It's not useless against pallets, if you use Dissolution, that's hard counter.
    His vault is definetly worse for pallets, I wouldn't say completely useless, still worth a try to see if survivor knows or not. You still need timing to do it as survivor.


    It's definetly not useless overall for Ghoul, when it works for windows with Bamboozle exactly same as before. So your comment about "They might as well just remove it" is just overreaction.

    Im referring to the pallets, its useless. The revault makes it utterly useless. Even the best ghoul players in the world consider it pretty useless now.

1 2 3 4 ›