Recommended Updates

I have around 2k hours on this game. This is probably one of my favorite games of all time. However, it is time I start looking for something new to play due to how bad the experience is.

When I play as killer, it is a pallet party. When I am first in chase, it is just non stop survivors dropping pallets, me kicking them, they go to another loop, which leads to another pallet. Unless you are playing a S or A tier character, you have no chance of catching up. Every game I am fully focused trying to mind game survivors and listening on max volume while they can just hide behind pallets and run to connecting loops. I understand this is how survivor is suppose to be played, but it is just not fun from a killer perspective.

When I play as survivor, solo queue is just a miserable experience. The killer is absolutely destroying us and my team is never, ever coordinated. By the time the first generator pops they already have 3 downs.

No matter what side you play, unless you are in a SWFT you just have a bad experience, or you just grind nurse or blight and invest 5k hours into this game to have a chance of winning.

Some quality of life updates I hope this game can implement:

  1. Make generators take longer to finish. When playing as killer, there are so many pallets that by the time you get the first down, already 2 generators have popped.
  2. Remove half of the pallets! This one is self explanatory. If the killer needs to mind game to get a down the survivor should mind game too around loops. Plus by the time the killer kicks it you get so much distance.
  3. There should be game chat in this game. When playing solo queue, this is by far what makes it the most miserable. If this existed survivors could coordinate better and have a better overall experience.
  4. Give killers the abandon option when the exit gates are powered. Nobody wants to get t-bagged when the game is already over. That, or make survivors have to leave in a certain time frame when they enter the exit gates. This could even be a new perk too.
  5. Introduce a perk for killers that when a survivor is t-bagging you, they get a slowdown effect or some sort of negative effect.
  6. Generate pallets and loops based on MMR. A SWFT theoretically does not need as strong as a map as people with less than 1k hours on it.

Anyways, these are things that I believe would make the game so much smoother for both sides. I just can't play this game anymore since more than half the time, I get off feeling worse than I did before I started playing. I Hope I can log on later this year and enjoy it like I used to.

Comments

  • Dont know why we have to go through all those false claims and poor common knowledge every week with 1-post accounts.

    • 1. Making gens take longer would destroy survivior experience entirely. We would lose too many surviviors.
      Yes, you would have much easier games, but you would wait 3 times longer for a game.

    2. No, this is bad idea. There is nothing fun with having no resources on the map. Game is not engaging at all.

    4. Why would you give up? Just force people out. It's not that deep.

    5. It's not that deep.

    6. You can't punish people who play with each other just for existing.

    1. The first few gens against a good team should go relatively quickly. If I'm not getting a quick down, I've found more success choosing certain gens to pressure, sacrificing others to allow for a favourable late-game gen placement. (I agree though that sometimes I end up against cracked survivors that I just can't touch.) Just don't let yourself get discouraged when you hear the complete noise a few times early on.

    2. I hate pallets too, but I disagree. I think you need to reframe getting pallet stunned or delayed by a pre-drop as part of the game. It's a chase. The survivor's job is to delay you as much as possible, yours is to get them as quick as possible. You have tools to do your job, they need tools to do theirs. If both parties play perfectly there are very few chases that don't end with a down.

    3. I go back and forth on this one. As a late-comer to DBD I feel it's not for me to comment on culture, but the limited communication has created quite a unique charades system that's fun all on its own. Plus, getting roasted in game for not being good (I'm not) over and over would suck. At least I'm not trying to play if I get that in post game and can choose to stop playing.

    4. Exit gates being powered is not the end of the game. You can get downs, hooks and slugs. If survivors have a degree of altruism that can snowball. I think it's also more kosher to play dirty during end game collapse, but that's anecdotal experience. Given there are perks associated with it, perhaps if all survivors are already in an opened gate waiting, you get that option, as there are few cases that would happen outside of them waiting for the bag or farming some BP from heals.

    5. No idea how they'd detect it to avoid false positives (people ducking projectiles etc.) but conceptually this is actually hilarious. It'd only work once but a survivor eating dirt for the bag is the thing dreams are made of. To be frank, however, I see no way of implementing this that only targets BMing players, and said players will just find a new way to BM without getting debuffed.

    6. All this will do is narrow the skill gap between veterans and new players, and diminish how rewarding getting better at the game feels. Keep in mind higher MMR survivors will generally face higher rank killers, so it's double dipping. Also I SWF with my partner sometimes. They have many more hours than I do. The lobby would be harder because of her MMR than I'm used to, and harder again due to less resources. It'd make playing with friends in a causal manner even harder than it already is.