Idea of Pact/Binding Perk class for survivors

I was always a big fan of the "Power with a price" concept in any media, so I thought maybe something like that could work out in dbd as well. The idea is simple: You get certain power up for the entire trial, however, you also lose certain aspect in return. As an example of this, using No Mither as possible rework as well:

You start the trial injured and with a broken status effect which lasts 60 seconds. You cannot heal yourself in any way or form, but can be healed by other survivors. Gain the current benefits of No Mither


Something like that, imho, has pretty big design opportunities, which I think is required in current dbd with many perks becoming more and more "Meh" in terms of design

Tagged: Survivors

Comments

  • The recent survivor perks have all been really boring and overly undertuned and I'm really sick of it LOL

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    The recent survivor perks have all been really boring and overly undertuned and I'm really sick of it LOL

    True, though it's understandable, the survivor's gameplay loop is exactly the same as back in 2016, and with general design unchanged the perks will eventually become dull and empty design wise because pretty much everything is already covered by them. It's why I believe if changing the gameplay itself is too hard to do, they could introduce perks which themselves change how the game is played for survivors, it could be pretty much anything, different ways of healing, doing gens, map maneuver, interactions with killer belongings like hooks, items or addons, anything

  • @Artimenius1307 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4052003#Comment_4052003

    True, though it's understandable, the survivor's gameplay loop is exactly the same as back in 2016, and with general design unchanged the perks will eventually become dull and empty design wise because pretty much everything is already covered by them. It's why I believe if changing the gameplay itself is too hard to do, they could introduce perks which themselves change how the game is played for survivors, it could be pretty much anything, different ways of healing, doing gens, map maneuver, interactions with killer belongings like hooks, items or addons, anything

    it's more there is no time to do any of these side objectives, with the designs of the best killers, there is no time to breathe.