Exit gate timing
So I'm a big fan of endgame builds (ex: no way out, none are free, remember me, terminus) and even when I'm not running an end game build I tend to run no way out pretty often. Now something I've noticed is that, regardless of if survivors are swf (to the best of my knowledge, it happens consistently and not every game will be a swf statistically) or not, ≈85% of the time survivors will be waiting at the switch and will instantly start it the second the last gen pops. Now since I've been running NWO so often just because I like it I haven't really been affected much. But I have to imagine that its pretty rough if you get to all 5 gens done and don't have nwo or remember me.
Comments
What is the problem, exactly?
Survivors are being efficient with their time. Sounds awful. BHVR plz fix immediately.
I'm curious what the killer is doing where at least 2 survivors have zero pressure in this scenario. I'm guessing camping.
Against competent survivors, endgame is just a humiliation ritual for the killer. It is mathematically impossible to hook a survivor far enough from the gates, because with the new 15-second basekit endurance, they cover longer distance with it than the killer carrying a survivor, unless the killer has Agitation. So if there are more than 2 survivors left and the killer can't counter that indurance (like Blight), it's pointless to even try to do anything there. The killer essentially loses once the last gen pops, and even earlier, if 2 gens pop with 0 hooks or with 4th gen done with 0 kills, as all those cases also lead to a loss.
Its normal tactic even in solo queue to go to a door when someone is very close of finishing a gen. I do it all the time if I am close to one when the last gen is going to pop.
That is part of what I was saying, that this occurance is not exclusive to swf and is more a general thing.
Yes, thank you for the insight since you are curious as to possible situations I shall list some, though it is not all inclusive. Though since you know at leas of the camping scenario I will leave that one out.
This list is not all inclusive and there are many more. Now to further elaborate on your proposed situation if the killer is camping a hooked survivor wheter or not the exit gates are being opened really isn't a concern since they cant do anything about it anyway (as they're busy camping)
While I am not oblivious to the sarcasm dripping from your post here, my point is that there is likely room for the killer to do something differently. Complaining about survivors being efficient is very common, almost as common as not examining your own gameplay to look for inefficiencies.
And you can tell you aren't looking at your own gameplay since you immediately rattle off a list of "possible" scenarios, and not "this is exactly what happened: match 1: XYZ, match 2: ABC".
You're too focused on the "camping" part as a literal statement. I meant "camping" as in "not using time effectively" or just generally "doing nothing but calling it gameplay". In other words: being inefficient.
But let's look at these:
If you havent had killed enough survivors until 5 gens are done, and not playing a endgame built, it was your own fault for being ineffective or making too many mistakes. Endgame isnt something to help anyone besides letting the game end in time.