Play With Your Food change idea

While not in a chase, your movement speed is increased by 6%/8%/10%
As long as the obsession is alive and injured, your base movement speed is increased 2%/3%/4%

Dunno if this is actually good, just going through most perks and trying to think of reworks/buffs 8-)

Yes? No?

Comments

  • sounds interesting.
    this could add some map pressure to the killers who lack it.

    however, it completely ignores the whole obsession aspect of the game. this itself is not a big problem, but considering that we are talking about the "obsession killer", who implemented that feature into the game and whose perks are all based around having an obsession, i feel like you cant just take that away.

  • Mister_xD said:

    sounds interesting.
    this could add some map pressure to the killers who lack it.

    however, it completely ignores the whole obsession aspect of the game. this itself is not a big problem, but considering that we are talking about the "obsession killer", who implemented that feature into the game and whose perks are all based around having an obsession, i feel like you cant just take that away.

    I’d say make the speedboosts a little smaller for the none obsession and make it where the obsession being alive will give a bigger speed boost outside of chases and a bigger speed boost for letting them go.
  • Yeah I wasn't positive about obsession, I'll make an edit to add the obsession in.

  • blue4zion said:

    Yeah I wasn't positive about obsession, I'll make an edit to add the obsession in.

    Hmm ok I see the new changes, I would say maybe the obsesssion speed boost numbers each could be raised by 1, but will the speed boost from the base effect also stack with the one involving the obsession?
  • @TheMadDoctor said:
    blue4zion said:

    Yeah I wasn't positive about obsession, I'll make an edit to add the obsession in.

    Hmm ok I see the new changes, I would say maybe the obsesssion speed boost numbers each could be raised by 1, but will the speed boost from the base effect also stack with the one involving the obsession?

    If you're not chasing someone and the obsession is injured, you'll have that added 2/3/4 with the 6/8/10.
    The 6/8/10 boost will go away if you start a chase

  • blue4zion said:

    @TheMadDoctor said:
    blue4zion said:

    Yeah I wasn't positive about obsession, I'll make an edit to add the obsession in.

    Hmm ok I see the new changes, I would say maybe the obsesssion speed boost numbers each could be raised by 1, but will the speed boost from the base effect also stack with the one involving the obsession?

    If you're not chasing someone and the obsession is injured, you'll have that added 2/3/4 with the 6/8/10.
    The 6/8/10 boost will go away if you start a chase

    Ok yeah this is a good idea for a rework. But the addon Judith’s Tombstone will need a change if it happens, as it’s movement speed debuff is 9 percent on all EW stages, I feel like lessening it or having it only apply to evil within 3 might be better since it doesn’t really feel like it’s worth it cause Judith’s Tombstone kills all of myer’s map pressure.
  • @blue4zion said:
    While not in a chase, your movement speed is increased by 6%/8%/10%
    As long as the obsession is alive and injured, your base movement speed is increased 2%/3%/4%

    Are there still tokens involved? Or are these different values for tier 1-3?

  • @blue4zion said:
    While not in a chase, your movement speed is increased by 6%/8%/10%
    As long as the obsession is alive and injured, your base movement speed is increased 2%/3%/4%

    Are there still tokens involved? Or are these different values for tier 1-3?

    From the looks of it, it doesn’t seem that way.
  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @blue4zion said:
    While not in a chase, your movement speed is increased by 6%/8%/10%
    As long as the obsession is alive and injured, your base movement speed is increased 2%/3%/4%

    Are there still tokens involved? Or are these different values for tier 1-3?

    No more tokens really. Just the tiers

  • blue4zion said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @blue4zion said:
    While not in a chase, your movement speed is increased by 6%/8%/10%
    As long as the obsession is alive and injured, your base movement speed is increased 2%/3%/4%

    Are there still tokens involved? Or are these different values for tier 1-3?

    No more tokens really. Just the tiers

    Already an improvement, the original perk is way too damn finicky to be useful. I tried it with Tombstone myer’s..and despite me sometimes being right in in a survivor’s face, it wouldn’t do the kill in EW3...making me lose a token. That doesn’t seem too fair. That and Judith’s Tombstone putting a 9% movement speed debuff on all EW stages wasn’t very well balanced as it pretty much took away any map pressure that myer’s struggle with a little in EW1 as the debuff made him much slower than the survivor...trust me I had some memorable games where I couldn’t do #########. I didn’t want to use hex ruin as the gamble to me wasn’t very worth it since the factor of where the rng places your totem and the map you’re on made me never want to use it.
  • Honestly I wouldn't give the killer an out of chase MS increase, it's too abusable IE moonwalking

    I'd remove it and make the injured obsession MS buff 2% bigger

  • The movement speed that it already has is good enough (5% per stack up to 15%). The problem with the perk is that it loses a stack every time you attack. Just changing it so it's like Save the best for last, where you only lose tokens if you hit your obsession. Play with you food is probably one of the most satisfying perks out there full stacked, making it so it's like Save the best for last would be perfect and actually pretty viable.

  • Honestly I wouldn't give the killer an out of chase MS increase, it's too abusable IE moonwalking

    I'd remove it and make the injured obsession MS buff 2% bigger


    Honestly I wouldn't give the killer an out of chase MS increase, it's too abusable IE moonwalking

    I'd remove it and make the injured obsession MS buff 2% bigger

    That’s a issue with the chase mechanic. There are ways the devs could prevent moonwalking.
  • Imo pwyf should give more stacks and only waste one on hit.
    Example: current max bonus is 15%, lets make it this way. Loosing obsession once grants 5%, attacking takes of 1-2%. On tier 3. Either this or perk needs complete rework, only usable on evil incarnate Myers really.
    If this change goes in killing with tombstone should be counted as attacking (its not currently) and should not be counting as loosing obsession (it is now).
  • THis needs some balancing through the devs but this can help non mobile killers get around and create map pressure. Try get the word out more that this would be a good new perk for an up comming killer once the Devs decide how it would fit into your game. I am going to repost this in killers.