getting hit thru the window after medium vault/sometimes fast vault

What's up with this? you could be so far out the window and still get hit with an M1 tap. Is there a trick or something i should be looking for/doing different? is it latency?

Comments

  • i know all about vault faking. i thought it could have something to do with latency. yeah cant wait for the servers

  • Don't hop the window if the killer is right on your ass

  • Gauge your distance before committing and fake/dead hard it if the stain is to close.
  • If you see Red, you will be dead.  
  • daLenster said:
    If you see Red, you will be dead.  
    On console you can vault, run a few steps and still get hit. Red stain or not. Really bad latency
  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    daLenster said:

    If you see Red, you will be dead.  

    On console you can vault, run a few steps and still get hit. Red stain or not. Really bad latency

    Sometimes I get the hit, sometimes I don't. Other times the survivor was just too close or my weapon hit box connected at just the right moment. Latency is a beautiful thing.

  • @mint said:
    What's up with this? you could be so far out the window and still get hit with an M1 tap. Is there a trick or something i should be looking for/doing different? is it latency?

    "So far"?

    Its an intended mechanic that the killer can hit through the window within a certain distance

  • Master said:

    @mint said:
    What's up with this? you could be so far out the window and still get hit with an M1 tap. Is there a trick or something i should be looking for/doing different? is it latency?

    "So far"?

    Its an intended mechanic that the killer can hit through the window within a certain distance

    Sometimes on the survivor side they are far past the reach, obviously you get hit through windows but sometimes your character model is far beyond a lunge range but due to latency or something you get hit.
  • Vaulting seems so screwed up now - I can accept getting hit through a window, I cannot accept getting hit 2 meters away through a window after vaulting, and these medium vaults...what the hell.

  • I’ve played as killer and the survivor medium vaults runs to the left I press R2 they go down, it’s not just latency.
  • all killers have by default a short range over windows, allowing them to still hit you if you are too close to the window.
    i mean... the killer has arms, so he should be able to reach over that...
    if we were going for realism here, the range should be much further, juyt by having the killer stabbing through the window...

  • I don't have issues with this, I think it adds to the experience when you think you've gotten away but get hit. Plus I usually see a red stain even if its a tiny bit when it happens and I am on console mainly. So if you don't see red when you're starting to jump then I think it may just come afterwards while the killer lunges.

    There have been streams I've seen though where someone will get hit while FALLING from a window which is weird. And I recently saw a puppers video where he got trapped in an invisible trap in front of a window so yeah, I think there may be something wrong with windows.

  • @darktrix said:
    Vaulting seems so screwed up now - I can accept getting hit through a window, I cannot accept getting hit 2 meters away through a window after vaulting, and these medium vaults...what the hell.

    Yeah this is what i was talking about.

  • I don't have issues with this, I think it adds to the experience when you think you've gotten away but get hit. Plus I usually see a red stain even if its a tiny bit when it happens and I am on console mainly. So if you don't see red when you're starting to jump then I think it may just come afterwards while the killer lunges.

    There have been streams I've seen though where someone will get hit while FALLING from a window which is weird. And I recently saw a puppers video where he got trapped in an invisible trap in front of a window so yeah, I think there may be something wrong with windows.

    Yea it adds to the experience being hit from 20 miles away.