Question For BHVR, Is Customer Support Being Handled By AI Bots?

Saw this image floating around, not mine, and it's being used as proof that the company is using AI to speed along Customer Support. (blurred out the name in case it's a real person)

Screenshot 2025-12-11 140351.png

Should be pretty easy to refute if it isn't true, and I'd like to get a statement so we can know one way or the other.

Comments

  • @TheArbiter said:

    🍿

    Same, tbh.

    Hope it was just someone having a goof, but there's just a sneaking suspicion.

    Still, better to ask.

  • bouta try that recipe real quick hold up

  • XDXDXDXD

    If only I didn't like cheese. They need to be more diverse providing recipes for lactose intolerance or cheese haters as well.

  • @Shroompy said:

    bouta try that recipe real quick hold up

    Don't leave us in suspense.

    Did they cook?

  • OP of that reddit post never posted full conversation with support.

    OP also claimed their reasoning for contacting support was for something entirely else.

    Most obvious karma farming attempt.

  • @Smoe said:

    OP of that reddit post never posted full conversation with support.

    OP also claimed is reasoning for contacting support was for something entirely else.

    Most obvious karma farming attempt.

    Doesn't seem like it.

    OP said they contacted for a refund request for a cosmetic.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037369#Comment_4037369

    Doesn't seem like it.

    OP said they contacted for a refund request for a cosmetic.

    Which i call bullshit when they refuse to show the entire conversation with support, plus indirectly admitting to being assumptious about the support ticket being done by an AI.

    OP was being either disingenious for the sake of outrage or intentionally omitting context just for easy and blatant karma farming.

  • @Smoe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037371#Comment_4037371

    Which i call bullshit when they refuse to show the entire conversation with support, plus indirectly admitting to being assumptious about the support ticket being done by an AI.

    OP was being either disingenious for the sake of outrage or intentionally omitting context just for easy and blatant karma farming.

    I mean, they couldve also been getting really typical responses and sent that message as a response.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037373#Comment_4037373

    I mean, they couldve also been getting really typical responses and sent that message as a response.

    Except there's no reason to assume so nor take OP at his word when they, again, won't show the entire conversation with support and give the full context.

  • @Smoe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037377#Comment_4037377

    Except there's no reason to assume so nor take OP at his word when they, again, won't show the entire conversation with support and give the full context.

    Not everyone is chronically online lol

    I've reached out to them, so we'll see.

  • I cannot see how a game with as many changes as this one receives is going to benefit from use of a large language model.

    Personal complaints are already far outside the realm of the capabilities of AI and mixing DBD into it sounds like an awful product for the user that also contributes to pollution yadda yadda please just don't do it

  • I had to wonder that when I had my interaction with customer support this morning trying to report a hacker. In a nutshell, the interaction went something like this...

    BHVR: I am sorry to hear that you encountered someone you believe is exploiting the game.

    Have you reported this player in-game?

    Me: Yes, I have reported the player in-game. I did so the last time I encountered them as well.

    BHVR: There was some misunderstanding on our end, could you clarify if you reported the player in-game?

    I just had to face-palm here. I clearly said that I had reported the player in-game. What was there to misunderstand?

    (I hope I don't have to provide actual screencaps...)

  • @Shroompy said:

    bouta try that recipe real quick hold up

    new snack when u get the munchies

  • @Pulsar said:

    Saw this image floating around, not mine, and it's being used as proof that the company is using AI to speed along Customer Support. (blurred out the name in case it's a real person)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XSA6YCBWXP1Z/screenshot-2025-12-11-140351.png

    Should be pretty easy to refute if it isn't true, and I'd like to get a statement so we can know one way or the other.

    Well if It answered such a ridiculous question, it's without a doubt a chat bot. These aren't necessarily bad, a lot of companies and sites use them to try and help clients ASAP or without the need to displace resources.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    I had to wonder that when I had my interaction with customer support this morning trying to report a hacker. In a nutshell, the interaction went something like this...

    BHVR: I am sorry to hear that you encountered someone you believe is exploiting the game.

    Have you reported this player in-game?

    Me: Yes, I have reported the player in-game. I did so the last time I encountered them as well.

    BHVR: There was some misunderstanding on our end, could you clarify if you reported the player in-game?

    I just had to face-palm here. I clearly said that I had reported the player in-game. What was there to misunderstand?

    (I hope I don't have to provide actual screencaps...)

    You certainly don't have to post screenshots. It definitely sounds a little sus to me. We know BHVR is looking into hiring AI experts.

  • if its ai, why does support take ages to respond?
    (since they got an army of ai doing most of the workload, you shouldnt be waiting so long)

    if its ai, how do we know its ai and not just typical corperate support talk that they force everyone to learn?.

    im, honestly suprised you even got a response like this since, this is something you wouldnt get.

  • @Philscooper said:

    if its ai, why does support take ages to respond?
    (since they got an army of ai doing most of the workload, you shouldnt be waiting so long)

    if its ai, how do we know its ai and not just typical corperate support talk that they force everyone to learn?.

    im, honestly suprised you even got a response like this since, this is something you wouldnt get.

    No idea.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    I had to wonder that when I had my interaction with customer support this morning trying to report a hacker. In a nutshell, the interaction went something like this...

    BHVR: I am sorry to hear that you encountered someone you believe is exploiting the game.

    Have you reported this player in-game?

    Me: Yes, I have reported the player in-game. I did so the last time I encountered them as well.

    BHVR: There was some misunderstanding on our end, could you clarify if you reported the player in-game?

    I just had to face-palm here. I clearly said that I had reported the player in-game. What was there to misunderstand?

    (I hope I don't have to provide actual screencaps...)

    This reads more like a ‘conventional’ chatbot failing to parse a query, rather than a LLM. A LLM would try to roll with whatever it’s presented with.

    As for OP, there’s definitely context missing here. For one, even if it is a LLM, how did it get to a grilled cheese recipe? Even for an AI, that seems really random. Did the user sneak it into their original ticket? Was it brought up in the exchange? It strikes me as the user fishing for a non-sequitur to support their claim. I’d really like to see the full convo here.

  • 1000006093.jpg

    my apolocheese for the delay, when I wrote my initial post I missed one of the key ingredients to make such a craft. The Bread

    After meeting the necessary requirements of having the correct materials, being hungry, and severely under the influence. I can safely say that yes, they did in fact cook.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037364#Comment_4037364

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QR40SKOX1NBV/1000006093.jpg

    my apolocheese for the delay, when I wrote my initial post I missed one of the key ingredients to make such a craft. The Bread

    After meeting the necessary requirements of having the correct materials, being hungry, and severely under the influence. I can safely say that yes, they did in fact cook.

    Not the buttery turner right on the burner 😭

  • THAT ONE WAS TURNED OFF DONT WORRY

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037364#Comment_4037364

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QR40SKOX1NBV/1000006093.jpg

    my apolocheese for the delay, when I wrote my initial post I missed one of the key ingredients to make such a craft. The Bread

    After meeting the necessary requirements of having the correct materials, being hungry, and severely under the influence. I can safely say that yes, they did in fact cook.

    Veracity of this ticket aside that's a good looking cheese man