How are we feeling about the pallet density v3?

genuine question. after going into customs and doing a quick view over the listed realms that got updated in todays hotfix, the pallets seem in a much more balanced state compared to last update. if you get the chance to see the changes feel free to comment in this thread about your experience and opinions with the changes!

Comments

  • @BloodBird said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037299#Comment_4037299

    Some of what you say is true, the thing with Wraith is, when it comes to high level play, its a lot about predicting, strategy and outmaneuvering survivors, if they aren't giving free hits or pallet drops, than you can on some loops uncloak one side and fully swing around to the other. Ppl really underestimate just how fast and how far his uncloak lunge can get you. I don't even need bam with him anymore cause I know how to bodyblock or run people down with my uncloak lunge. Good survivors will try and outplay you so what you need to do is outthink them, which is what I like about Wraith cause I have a strategic mindset when it comes to DBD and Wraith lets me really flex it.

    Truth is he is fast for 1 second even after nerf (it was 1,25 seconds 2-3 years back) but thats only gives you hit if survivor doesnt sees you and you uncloak till bells starts to hit then its impossible to evade even with sprintburst wraith will get it or bodyblocking them because if survivor runs from wraith that is uncloaking he wont get that hit just gets close and has to chase for like another 4 seconds to get the lunge range (kinda depends on what loopable objects are there because they can make wraith trajectory longer due to hitbox difference of character models in combination with hugging the loop). Wraith is easy killer he doesnt have any strong techs thatare hard like wesker or other killers and his power is easy to understand and play with and against so when he is put against survivors that know how to loop then all he is about is mindgaming and perfect plays because he doesnt have anything to get guarantee (maybe surprise hits on indoor maps but that have other stealth killers too), with pallets some drop them and can vault them if they are quick enough and have good ping this will slow wraith fro few soconds or force him to uncloak (difference in ping like 24ms to 60ms is so huge meaning doesnt matter how fast will killer press space survivor will get it first every time if they press both fast because his action takes priority and only killer effected by this is wraith and legion little) or dont drop and run through which can sometimes even counter the ful uncloak if survivor does it early. On loops wraith can only outplay with his short burst of speed the unsafe ones and the unsafe ones with tall walls that block los on the killer to mid safe because you can pull some mind games here but the safer ones or the safer sides on weaker loops the longer ones survivors will be safe there against his burst almost alway if they doesnt missplay due to los on the killer and the character model thing which has every killer except chucky.

  • @Ghost77 said:

    I played a custom game on Midwich Primary and Hawkins Lab. It's true they removed a lot of pallets and left a lot of dead zones on the map. I hope it's a mistake and that they don't keep weakening maps that were already on the killer's side.

    Pretty sure that is a bug. I played both after the 9.3.2 update hit live servers, and had normal pallet spawns on both of those maps.

  • @THE_Crazy_Hyena said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037325#Comment_4037325

    Pretty sure that is a bug. I played both after the 9.3.2 update hit live servers, and had normal pallet spawns on both of those maps.

    I don't know, they're making changes to many maps that nobody asked for, and the new loops are really bad.

  • @tes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037180#Comment_4037180

    Is it me or their RNG system just broke completely

    For real, it’s time to make static spawns…

    I have heard from someone that all indoor maps are broken right now with guaranteed pallets not spawning. Will test and see but I am assuming that is the case this patch.

  • @jmwjmw27 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037318#Comment_4037318

    I have heard from someone that all indoor maps are broken right now with guaranteed pallets not spawning. Will test and see but I am assuming that is the case this patch.

    I hope more people will start to insist on more static spawns with maybe 3-4 rng variations at max, like they did with RPD, Saloon, Midwich, Gideon…

    They can afford this, because having enough realms for making it more variable. Players won’t be bored, there are gonna be less frustration, and experienced players would be encouraged for memorising patterns. Isn’t this nice skill expression learning maps and gaining benefits from it?

    According their map vote the trait that was shared among every the most liked map was static spawns.

  • @Ghost77 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037327#Comment_4037327

    I don't know, they're making changes to many maps that nobody asked for, and the new loops are really bad.

    It might also only be affecting custom games for all I know. Will have to test this more extensively.

    Update: Can confirm that the pallets spawn correctly in normal matches, as was the case with both Midwich and Hawkins

    20251212090437_1.jpg
  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037260#Comment_4037260

    That's me with just about every pallet or window on any map. I don't know if it's a skill issue, ping issue, or what. I tend to avoid windows entirely because I know the Killer would get me before I reach it anyway. And they usually do.

    I can relate. There is so many windows that are just pointless to use and the hit boxes in this game don‘t make it any better.

  • @THE_Crazy_Hyena said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4037339#Comment_4037339

    It might also only be affecting custom games for all I know. Will have to test this more extensively.

    Update: Can confirm that the pallets spawn correctly in normal matches, as was the case with both Midwich and Hawkins

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KJRH2MBK709L/20251212090437-1.jpg

    Unfortunately, I haven't played Midwich in the map rotation, but I did play on Lery and saw some dead zones where there used to be pallets.

1 2 ›