If you were not allowed to dodge lobbies, would you still play killer?
It's just a hypothetical question: If you could not dodge lobbies anymore (except for bad ping), would you still play killer?
This thread is NOT for discussing why killers are lobby dodging or whether lobby dodging is bad etc...
Please stick to the topic and stay polite, it's a simple survey. ![]()
Comments
This isn't a job and there are no obligations to help. If you take on the responsibility of SWF games all day it's on you. Spreading around the cheats doesn't make it more fair it only puts everyone on the path to quitting.
We dont even have proper penalties for DCing
^^^^^^^^
The threshold must be set too high. We need this adjusted.
The problem is that in a competitive ranked game, there needs to be punishment right after the first DC which increases the more you DC.
Usually first DC => 5 mins
2nd DC => 15 mins
3rd => 1 hour
My problem is with the competitively ranked games. Rank is a joke we all know it comes down more to matches played over actual skill. The fact we have match making based on this is also a reason for lobby dodging and such. You get players on both sides who derank to find "less" competitive matches(to bully the other-side) and have being do it for so long that when they run into a skilled player they get beat.
BHVR really needs to look at removing the incentive to dc. If you upped the points both sides received and did not allow the user to depip it may discourage the dc in the first place. For example if a survivor dc's on a killer the killer gets 3 hooks worth of points and if running BBQ the stack they may have lost. If a Killer quits at the beginning of the match the survivor would get a low end matches worth of points 15k
At that point you add in the dc timeout penalties with a rolling 72hr clock.
Well that can be fixed with a casual game mode like very other competitive game offers.
I dont think its a solution to reward the other side of the DC, DCing must be prevented in the first place.
And yes, if you DC too often it might very well happen that you are banned for multiple days from the ranked mode, thats normal in real competitive games
Insta-heals rarely, really? Consider yourself lucky then.
@Master do you really think we have a player base to support 2 modes. Unless we have cross platform play i don't think we can, and if we do add cross platform play. Players on console will be at a disadvantage over player on pc.
If then ban me I'll take my business elsewhere. I don't want to play with toxic idiots.
You asked Master, but let me throw in my two cents as well.
In theory, it would be nice to have Casual and Ranked Mode. Realistically, I think the player base on consoles is not big enough. I'm not sure about PC.
The problem I see with Ranked Mode: The current heavily unbalanced state of the game. Killers can only play Nurse and survivors will bring 4 DS, 4 insta-heals etc.
It is an interesting topic, for sure.
@NoShinyPony I really wonder if match making was changed if people would feel differently about the game. Match making based on hours played so you match skill/experience vs skill to get actual true data so they could balance around that might change everything.
For instance currently you could have a 4 man swf all 4 could have 1,000 plus hours in. The ranks are all 15 or 2 are 15 and the other two rank 1 but they depip to get easy matches and they get matched against a player with 300 hours in the game but they are a true rank 15 killer. What do you think is gonna happen? Same scenario but matched with a killer who has 1,000 hours playing as killer you get a different outcome.
Cross platform could immediately solve this issue aswell (even if I dont belive that its an problem)
It all depends of what I wanna do
Some builds won't work against swf soo I won't be allowed to dodge
But I usually don't dodge lobbies soo yea
People thought the removal of region lock would solve queue issues. Now we have queue issues + ping issues.
The current ranking system doesn't work at all. It would be better to match players according to their experience instead of the current ranking system, yes.
But in the end, I'd prefer a properly working ranking system that is based on skill to match players with each other.
I also believe that a proper, skill-based ranking system would improve the game experience a lot for most players.
@NoShinyPony if we do it in steps we could fix everything.
1.First change the match making system.
2.Evaluate how both sides perform at these levels kills/escape ratio for veteran players.( The results will trickle down as less experienced players improve)
3. Balance around your new data. Buff Killers and addons to compensate.
4. Finally change how Ranking is calculated. You can determine this by how experienced players are against one another.
@fcc2014
I believe we should start with reworking the ranking system.
And keep in mind that gameplay always needs to be balanced around the top = most skillful players.
Closes application
Nothing personal kid