Scott Jund says the new patch is one sided...Devs confused...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=quEg2C1ZuSE
Do YOU agree or disagree?
Do YOU agree or disagree?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Agree 100%. Against casuals or lower skilled people this isnt an issue but when you get survivors that just… do gens then suddenly the lower half of the roster is left in the dust even more after these changes. No matter what, a pitiful 5% blood lust (and probably 10% bbq stack) won't cause anyone to suddenly think "man I should walk across the map to POTENTIALLY find someone."
Or summed up, the reward doesn't match the effort.
Agree.
These changes are only going to hurt normal players, but won't really curb tunneling or slugging at all. Original plan was better, but needed more testing. Possibly more than one iteration to allow for more than one idea or design philosophy.
Instead, we have changes that will not really do anything to affect tunneling or slugging, but WILL negatively impact normal Killers. The worst of both worlds, if you will.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think he's right but I'm not sure one-sided is the right way to describe it. It does nearly nothing to make survivors lives easier in the face of boring gameplay, while also doing nearly nothing to actually discourage that boring gameplay or reward the more fun alternatives. It's, like, no-sided. It's joining the war on boring gameplay, on the side of the boredom
Its easy to see what will get killer side and what will get survivor side when you read the patch notes and write it down. Best part is it wont solve hardcore tunneling but it will make tunneling harder and give killers more blood points if they dobt hook same survivor in the row so for me I will just start to focus on two survivors and there will be just hit or slug or hook for perk like noway out, pain res or grim etc. easy fix this will be new meta when tunneling will be nerfed even more.
For the most part.
Overall, more bonuses for Survivor pain points and barely anything for Killers.
Camping:
Tunneling:
Hook Benefits:
Slugging:
All in all, while I do like the changes, I can't help but notice that the only thing Killers got, was 15s of 5% haste on unique hook. that can't be used in chase (and will likely see moonwalking tech/camera tech to avoid triggering chase until on the survivor for the sake of efficiency)
I will welcome them, but it's a miss for Killer pain points to address tunneling.
I want the previous version with improvements, like maybe more regression than 5 percent for killer for a unique hook or some kind of grim embrace thats brief, one of the popular perks to allow the killer to play fair
that way the anti tunnel can stay and be powerful, but there is more breathing room for the killer to play as expected too, give both sides more breathing room for mistakes, see how that goes.
Also hyper mobility is a (teehee) blight on this game and needs nursed (teehee) to healthy amounts like Wesker.
What survivors get:
What killers get:
Yeah, if anyone says this update isn't one-sided...
Anyway I'll probably stop playing this game when this goes through. I don't think there's any way I can keep up with survivors' efficiency when they don't have to dedicate perk slots to antitunnel perks anymore..
I genuinely don't see a reason why survivors should have basekit Wicked that WORKS THROUGH UNDETECTABLE!
In the long run he really doesn't seem to care much about the changes. He's spends a lot of time complaining about how the devs communicate, which, yeah, samsies.
Though its a survivor quality of life patch, so being somewhat survivor sided is what I would expect it to be. We'll see what happens with syringes/styptics though if we're talking overall balance.
As a few others mentioned, I liked the concept of the prior patch more, though it could have used some refinement.
I do think he, along with a lot of commenters, get the idea of the unique hook benefits wrong. If the killers are getting a sizable buff with every unique hook, then it needs to be accompanied by a sizable challenge to escape the penalties (6 hooks), or otherwise things would swing wildly out of balance.
Right now the survivor buff is very situational, if the killer is not tunneling it really doesn't do anything (other than the aura read, and we'll see what they do with that). Thus the hook benefit also needs to be relatively small.