Please make Orela VA to recast her voice lines
I am not saying to change the actor, but I would like if the game can make the actress to redo her lines because it sounds she did not put any effort at all. It sounds plain and I believe she can make a greater job than her actual lines.
Tagged:
Survivors
Comments
That and her screams and grunts of pain sound... ugly like Every time I hear her scream and grunt I want her tk be healed or killed right away bc of how ugly they sound, but I do agree
"Lets stay away from those hooks, and hit those generators" everyone that starts with her gives her the side eye lol
Yeah… Orela's voice lines are a miss for me. I think it's a combination of awkward delivery and bad writing. The writing is definitely the worse of the two though, because I don't think even the best VA in the world could make "Let's hit those Generators" sound good.
Is this what:
Sounds like to you guys?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRqCTqWwi1kShe sounds perfectly normal to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXH7vytxGusLike are screams and grunts of pain supposed to sound pleasant to you?????
I think that is just basically what she sounds like, when she isn't just sassying her voice up.
The scenario is supposed to be tense so she sounds super serious, so no glamour.
Like where are you guy's expectations at, is the horror/action experience supposed sound like honey and wine to you?
I don't even think the writing is bad, like people say dumb things all the time. I'm not mad she don't sound like a Scholar.
I knew I wasn't crazy…
Like damn, it's so bland… Did an intern write this
I think that's more the issue, a lot of the voice lines don't feel natural to say at base; I think part of the problem is they wanted Orela as a trained paramedic used to difficult situations to be tough, confident and calm, and as such she has lines that are very "lets do this" in nature... however because of that it creates a bit of a tonal contradiction and makes her quite unrelatable... she doesn't really sound at any point like she's in the high stress situation she is. She has some okay and decent lines, but others land flat.
Other characters like Nicholas Cage or Lara, they get startled by things, they they make anecdotal comments about how they feel the same way Orela does, but they all make sense in the moment, amd come with an appropriate level of self concern...
Some of Orela's lines are quite good, but others... just don't make sense to say, are a pointless/unnatural to say out loud to yourself or others, or can even come across as patronising... and it's almost like she can't be shown to be vulnerable at all, which kinda makes her not feel like a person...
Lines like:
It's little touches like that, that would make her a lot more human... she isn't a Terminator, keeping calm is one thing, but a brave face doesn't mean anything if I don't believe she is actually scared and in pain.
Very well said!
This is my biggest problem with her lines. They all sound so casual — conversational almost. They’re just not tonally fitting with the things happening around her. If they were tweaked to have a bit more urgency then they could work, but right now her voice lines take me out of the game. They’re distracting rather than immersive IMO.
Your rewrites are 100x better.