Console Fps
I constantly see people saying console has really bad fps and you can't play killer with it, but i have an original xbox one and i get a good 30-40 fps as killer almost every match and 45 on survivor. Certain maps like haddonfield causes a small drop in fps on both sides but nowhere near unplayable. Am i the only one who thinks the fps isn't that bad?
Comments
how do you measure fps on console? i play on ps4pro, I don't know the fps, but seems to be acceptable on both sides.
I have an Xbox One X and while the frame rate is definitely better than a standard Xbox, there are still serious dips at times. As killer, it often happens on Haddonfield, when there is a lot of fog, or when bloodlust kicks in. It also happens sometimes when I attack and try to spin my camera fast (I play on 85 sensitivity). As survivor it only happens when notifications pop up on screen, like Sloppy Butcher or Hexes. Also very noticeable on the menus, especially the event menu with all the fire work effects in the background.
I also noticed playing as killer last night that the draw distance has serious frame rate issues. I was playing Spirit on Ironworks, 1 was dead and I was hooking another on death hook. I saw the other 2 with BBQ on a gen across the map which they finished before I could get there. So I went up to the outside catwalk and was looking out into the distance to find them with a height advantage, and I saw that fog and crows were SERIOUSLY laggy. I wish I captured it, but it was like a slideshow. When I saw a survivor they didn't look nearly as choppy, but it was still not the best frame rate.
IDK maybe I'm used to playing games at a smooth 60 FPS with no hiccups, but sometimes this game can be really bad with frame rates. BHVR does need to optimize the game better for consoles, the X could easily run this game at like 120 FPS if it can run Gears 4 in 4k 60FPS.
FPS has nothing to do with your connection. It is 100% the game. You can see it every time you get hit as survivor and the killer has Sloppy, or every time you get bloodlust as killer.
@thesuicidefox I know that being able to see the entire map from one viewpoint dips fps in a lot of games,but i think the crows and fog were laggy because they weren't fully rendered to save fps.
There are lower performance versions of console, you should know that
30 fps would be non-acceptable for me as PC player tbh
It's not constantly bad. Just certain times ie. gaining BL can drop frames sometimes
I guess unplayable fps depends on what you're used to.
Just certain times like, when just about to land a hit, when you're zeroing in with the chainsaw as Billy, when you're blinking, when the stupid Bloodlust VFX kicks in, when a survivor is juking, etc. All of them, trivial and unimportant times...
Same here. I do hope they fix these issues.
No need to hope. By the time dedicated servers are out i can expect the fps to be higher for both sides and we'll look back at this thread and laugh.
hopefully
Why would dedicated servers improve local optimization?
I mean as updates come, eventually by the time dedicated servers are out the fps will be improved.
Hah, you dont believe that yourself, do you?
Any killer on this map has issue with FPS.
Particles from rain and too big map.
It's bad if not the worst map or console.
I don't have any expectation now for improvements on console.
I really never said that it didn't need an fps boost, i just said people make a big deal out of it when the fps isn't nearly as bad as people say it is. Yeah, its bad, but not unplayable.
_HOPEFULLY_
The spikes are a big problem, but at least it happens on both sides sometimes. And don't forget, doctor is a walking ball of visual effects.