DBD Needs better accessibility options

I feel that DBD is Severely lacking in accessibility options

The Problem:Some killers have effects that can cause genuine physical discomfort or health issues for certain players:

  • Clown's gas effects and coughing sounds can trigger severe nausea
  • Plague's vomiting audio can affect people with emetophobia
  • Doctor's screaming/electrical effects might impact players with sensory sensitivities
  • Certain visual effects could trigger photosensitivity issues

What I'm Suggesting:Optional settings to modify these effects for players who need them:

  • Audio volume sliders for specific sound types (vomiting, coughing, screaming)
  • Visual effect intensity options (reduce particle effects, screen distortions)
  • Alternative audio cues that serve the same gameplay function without triggering symptoms

This Isn't About Balance:

  • These would be accessibility options, not gameplay changes
  • Other games already have similar features (epilepsy-safe modes, reduced motion, etc.)
  • The core gameplay mechanics remain unchanged - you still hear terror radius, know which killer you're facing, etc.

Why This Matters:No one should have to choose between playing a game they love and avoiding severe physical discomfort. Basic accessibility shouldn't be controversial - it's about letting more people enjoy DBD safely.

I feel this is an important discussion seeing as I myself can NOT play against clown, as the visual effect of his purple bottle gives me extreme Nausea, and I know that there is a small dot in the center of the screen that helps a little… but I'm still nauseous looking at it, and if I need to look anywhere else on my screen I am on the brink of vomiting.

Comments